Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only person that got 7 minutes for one of those multiple choice questions??

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the p4-6 and 7 won't be too difficult because last year it was easier; they tend to make the first module exam harder for physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressedByDay)
    I don't think the p4-6 and 7 will be too difficult because last year it was easier; they tend to make the first module exam harder for physics.
    What did you get for the two questions which simply involved writing hydrogen and something else?

ReputationRep:
    I did so bad in this exam D':
    I had a brain freeze at all the maths questions and didnt do them, im so angry at myself

How many marks do you guys think you would roughly need in the core biology, physics and chemistry in order to get a B? I reallllly need a B minimum (plus my coursework for core science is 7% off an A if that helps) :ashamed:

| appreciate your help x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigocarn)
    What did you get for the two questions which simply involved writing hydrogen and something else?
    I put hydrogen for the first and carbon, oxygen and iron (?) for the second.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josaltzman)
    I put hydrogen for the first and carbon, oxygen and iron (?) for the second.
    How many marks was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by An-Mi-Ah)
    Does anyone have any exams tomorrow? I think the majority of people don't. Need to revise poetry for Friday...
    I've got maths...which I haven't revised for

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstybecs)
    I've got maths...which I haven't revised for

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah same I didn't know how to revise #frisk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naryana)
    I did so bad in this exam D':
    I had a brain freeze at all the maths questions and didnt do them, im so angry at myself

How many marks do you guys think you would roughly need in the core biology, physics and chemistry in order to get a B? I reallllly need a B minimum (plus my coursework for core science is 7% off an A if that helps) :ashamed:

| appreciate your help x
    So you would have about 73 ums (guessijg) if you're 7 percent off an a

About 30 in physics, 40 in biology and chemistry to be on a safe b I would say

I can do more 'accurate' calculations tonight though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junaidc122)
    You cannot say that the fact sediments are found on two continents supports his theory because sediments can be formed anywhere. If the question said the SAME sediments were found then THAT supports his theory

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly what I thought!

ReputationRep:
    what was the answer to the last question asking the reduction of carbon dioxide ??
    What was the distance between Indonesia to south Africa , the earthquake question ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamlucy)
    Am i the only person that got 7 minutes for one of those multiple choice questions??
    I got like 3.87 or something so i rounded it up to 4 but loads of people at my school put 7 mins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamlucy)
    I got 7 minutes aswell, it was like 450 seconds and then I divided it by 60 which gave me like 6.8 minutes which I rounded to 7?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure it was 0.4 (s) or 4 minutes.
    Well doesn't 120W mean 120j/s so 70,000j/120 = 450 secons then/ 60 for like 6.5 minutes or something like that but I defo got 7 minutes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R.Abraham52)
    what was the answer to the last question asking the reduction of carbon dioxide ??
    What was the distance between Indonesia to south Africa , the earthquake question ?
    Distance was 5400km, i put 540 but showed working so still should get 2 marks out of 3, i dunno where i went wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEscared)
    Well doesn't 120W mean 120j/s so 70,000j/120 = 450 secons then/ 60 for like 6.5 minutes or something like that but I defo got 7 minutes
    YAYYYYYY BECAUSE IT SAID ROUND UP

*high fives you*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEscared)
    I got 7 minutes aswell, it was like 450 seconds and then I divided it by 60 which gave me like 6.8 minutes which I rounded to 7?
    SAME METHOD AREN'T WE FABULOUs

*high fives*

ReputationRep:
    Jitesh is right cause watts mean how many joules of energy every second. So you need to do 70 000 divided by 170 to get how many seconds and then divide the seconds to get how many minutes. It says it even in the CGP book.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get 0.4 (s), 4 mins or 7 mins?
    I got 7 minutes since, I got something like 6.48 or something so i just rounded.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parker13)
    The 6 mark questions are never on anything I want them to be on eg Wegener's theory and Digital/Analogue they're on stupid stuff
    I know! I saw the first question and panicked! I was thinking, "Is this in the spec? Am I supposed to know this?!"

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.