Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's bull**** that OCR MEI would like to see so give them what they want and never cut corners

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpetersgill)
    Nabeel mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sorry James... the ganja took me over... I swear all the sweets had hash oil centres anyway? Like who the f**k wants orange or coffee centres when you can have hash oil centres? Every child knows that James. From age 4.20 years onwards, everything changes. The world becomes... more relaxed, and you have a sudden urge to eat food... almost as if you aren't hungry, but you want to keep eating because it tastes good...

ReputationRep:
    adrianblazesit - no more trolling Nabeel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsMaestro)
    adrianblazesit - no more trolling Nabeel
    who even are you? do i know you?

ReputationRep:
    Last year for S1 the grade boundary for an A was 61/72. This years paper was quite easy so grade boundaries could be high. My guess is 65/72 for an A this year
    they've never been higher than 61/72 and that was with last years basic paper that had 10 marks for drawing graphs, id say about 58/72

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connorbwfc)
    It said 'He has to pick more than 2 before he gets one he likes' The only way this can happen is by getting a cherry first and second = 6/20 * 5/19 = 3/38.
    Or first second and then third, or first second third and then fourth and so on. What you have done is worked out the probability of him getting exactly two cherries before getting one he likes. The question asks "more than two" not exactly

ReputationRep:
    Nabs

ReputationRep:
    Nabeel Deader?
    Lol who are you XD

ReputationRep:
    Nabs?
    yoooooo let's go out for a cheeky nandos!... whoever you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackddd)
    Or first second and then third, or first second third and then fourth and so on. What you have done is worked out the probability of him getting exactly two cherries before getting one he likes. The question asks "more than two" not exactly
    Am I missing something, surely by doing that all he is actually doing is the probability of getting two cherries one after the other, that does not imply he gets one he likes afterwards as there aren't thee picks? It must be 6/20*5/19*14/18? Feel free to disprove me.
    But I do believe this question will be examined because the question says more than 2, thus it could also be 6/20*5/19*4/18*14/17?

ReputationRep:
    Is this right for the last question?

1 - [ (14/20 × 13/19 × 12/18) + (6/20 × 14/19 × 13/18) + (6/20 × 5/19 × 14/18) ]

= 0.459649123 = 0.4596 (4 sig figs)
    This may be the correct answer. It is essentially P(X>2) = 1 - P(X<=2) = 1 - [P(X=0)+P(X=1)+P(X=2)]. PSC lol woohoo

ReputationRep:
    This may be the correct answer. It is essentially P(X>2) = 1 - P(X<=2) = 1 - [P(X=0)+P(X=1)+P(X=2)]. PSC lol woohoo
    You quoted your own comment, and you replied to yourself that you are right. You ok there, are you on that kush like Ben's children with the chocolates?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get for the outliers question that there will be some at the lower end and the upper end? Because 1.5 x 0.3 is 0.45 and - and + 17.9 is 17.45 and 18.35 respectively. So since the ranges are 17.4 for lower and 18.6 for upper there should be outliers at both ends right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adrianblazesit)
    You quoted your own comment, and you replied to yourself that you are right. You ok there, are you on that kush like Ben's children with the chocolates?
    I can't seem to find any other logical way to answer that last question. Do correct me if I'm wrong

ReputationRep:
    I can't seem to find any other logical way to answer that last question. Do correct me if I'm wrong
    Are you ok i.e. not high as a f**king kite, or are you on that kush like Ben's children with the chocolates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adrianblazesit)
    Are you ok i.e. not high as a f**king kite, or are you on that kush like Ben's children with the chocolates?
    Dat ganja you were talking about earlier. Yeahhhh

ReputationRep:
    Dat ganja you were talking about earlier. Yeahhhh
    Who are you

ReputationRep:
    It's bull**** that OCR MEI would like to see so give them what they want and never cut corners
    Mate you're just wrong.. Also who the **** are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    adrianblazesit I've concealed your identity by replacing your full name with 'Nabs' in an earlier post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpetersgill)
    Mate you're just wrong.. Also who the **** are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you have the mark scheme to prove me wrong? I've also said that my answer MAY be correct

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 24, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.