Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petick)
    I swear the papers have been getting longer each year. Maybe they'll actually give us something that needs a decent amount of time to complete, otherwise I'll die of boredom.

The specimen paper is a complete joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes there's like a 6 marker on a firewall, I swear there isn't enough on the syllabus to get six marks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helloinvader)
    In the textbook is says "You won't be expected to know the Quicksort algorithm for the COMP3 examination, but you may wish to use it in your COMP4 project." so I'm doubtful that they will ask anything on it.
    When they say, "You won't be expected to know the Quicksort algorithm for the COMP3 examination, but you may wish to use it in your COMP4 project.". All that means is, you won't need to know the algorithm, they can still ask you questions on the quick sort . You're just not required to remember the algorithm.

ReputationRep:
    So how's the revision going for everyone? I'm watching streamers on twitch as I'm dying from cramming over the weekend and this morning. I literally feel like I can't do any more revision, it's too painful xD

ReputationRep:
    There was a huge question on graphs and trees last year so that will not be a large question I don't think. There was also a whole question on queues and stacks so again that won't be a big part of the paper.

I'm thinking something on comparing baseband and broadband and CSMA/CD like somebody else said.

I swear that network diagram has come up every year BTW: the one with the file server and computers and you always have to label the IP addresses...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Shaney96)
    So how's the revision going for everyone? I'm watching streamers on twitch as I'm dying from cramming over the weekend and this morning. I literally feel like I can't do any more revision, it's too painful xD
    About 90% done, just got the broadband stuff and possibly one past paper left.

ReputationRep:
    I want a giant floating point question, SQL queries and a nice easy (but high mark) dry-run.
    Not to mention a 8 mark question on comparing topologies.

Do you think that's too much to ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aLeXaNdRa08)
    I want a giant floating point question, SQL queries and a nice easy (but high mark) dry-run.
    Not to mention a 8 mark question on comparing topologies.

Do you think that's too much to ask?
    That would be pretty damn nice. Apart from dry-runs, they are the devil xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Async)
    When they say, "You won't be expected to know the Quicksort algorithm for the COMP3 examination, but you may wish to use it in your COMP4 project.". All that means is, you won't need to know the algorithm, they can still ask you questions on the quick sort . You're just not required to remember the algorithm.
    Well I guess the night before isn't too late to realise that now .

ReputationRep:
    What psuedocodes are we expected to know?

Tree traversal and sorting is it?

ReputationRep:
    I did 2 papers this morning. Got about half way through a third one and now I'm in your boat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaronK)
    I did 2 papers this morning. Got about half way through a third one and now I'm in your boat.
    Yeah I've done 2 and a bit of a third one, now I'm literally just wasting time. Last exam tomorrow then that's it for 3 months!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've done 2 and a bit of a third one, now I'm literally just wasting time. Last exam tomorrow then that's it for 3 months!
    It's been more than a month of exams I'm s o bored of it. I just hope tomorrow brings me >94UMS :2euk48l:

ReputationRep:
    It's been more than a month of exams I'm s o bored of it. I just hope tomorrow brings me >94UMS :2euk48l:
    I know :/ I have 10 altogether, looking for a B tomorrow, I really feel exhausted after this month. I just have Fallout 4 to look forwards to! :adore:

ReputationRep:
    I just really hope AQA don't screw us over, like they had kind of did with this years COMP1 and COMP2

ReputationRep:
    I know :/ I have 10 altogether, looking for a B tomorrow, I really feel exhausted after this month. I just have Fallout 4 to look forwards to! :adore:
    Flipping sucks it's in November :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smithster1996)
    I just really hope AQA don't screw us over, like they had kind of did with this years COMP1 and COMP2
    It'll be an eight mark question on will Turing machines ever be as smart as humans...:banghead:

ReputationRep:
    Same here, feels like these exams have dragged on for soooo long

ReputationRep:
    It'll be an eight mark question on will Turing machines ever be as smart as humans...:banghead:
    That'd be brutal. Hopefully the big marker will be on digital signatures and public and private key, that'd be a nice one I think

ReputationRep:
    Lol, i don't know if i would laugh or cry if i saw that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smithster1996)
    That'd be brutal. Hopefully the big marker will be on digital signatures and public and private key, that'd be a nice one I think
    That would be ace but they already did it, remember doing it on a past paper. Sorry bud!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 12, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.