Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesExtra)
    Tan45=1. H*1=h. R=h
    (Original post by iAmanze)
    similar question:

http://www.mei.org.uk/files/papers/c306ja_xjtwqz.pdf

Q4.

This is why i said it was a copy and paste exam for me. Every question that came up was virtually from another paper.

Will I lose a mark for drawing an iscosceles triangle and labelling the sides and angles? Didn't seem worth using tan when the angles were 45 and 90

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    I think I got about 61/62 in this paper, and I think I got 16/17 in the coursework - any chance this will be an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A* is pretty much always 81/82 and I don't think it would change this year. Still it's definitely possible to boost yourself to the A* with c4! Assuming you got 85/86 ums in c3, as that mark would normally be

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattestro)
    A grade boundaries for past few years:
    June 14: 58
    June 13: 58
    Jan 13: 60
    June 12: 60
    Jan 12: 55
    June 11: 54
    Jan 11: 54

Considering this exam was quite hard, and everyone I've spoken to said they struggled, I predict an A to be between 54-56 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This exam was so easy I think my 14 year old sister/wife could have done it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexParmenter)
    Will I lose a mark for drawing an iscosceles triangle and labelling the sides and angles? Didn't seem worth using tan when the angles were 45 and 90
    No I don't think so. It's just another way of doing it

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here know if you lose a mark for leaving the area of the integral as a negative number?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArielHaeems)
    Vote on the difficulty of this paper here:http://strawpoll.me/4609673
    Is there an option for COULD HAVE DONE IT WITH MY ANUS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillzWheelz)
    can you clarify if you are married to your 14 year old sister or not?

ReputationRep:
    if you can't acknowledge that this C3 exam was harder than most, then you've just come on here to be annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GREIMER)
    here are some of my answers:

iv) g(x) = ln(sqrt(x+1) + 2) domain x>/=-1 range y>/=ln2
    Ran out of time on this question.

Could only lose 4 marks on this exam to get the 90% due to ****ty coursework so was checking every question x 2.

Saw to flip range to domain so scribbled that in quickly.

Graph stumped me so i drew over the graph given to us and folded my exam paper on line y=x to get a light pencil trace. Then I drew that in. *felt soooo smart*

for domain I was like **** put ln2 in to equation got -1. The examiner said stop writing so I was like yoloooooo

-1 < x < 1 dammit.

oh and could not find f-1(x) as I was shaking due to 1 minute to do the while 7 mark question so wrote BS like x<-> y, and changed it around and opened the bracket and thought... this is not working forget this!

So.... after trying so hard not to lose 4 marks... I end up losing prob 5 here lol

(-2 also from arccosx=arcsinx BS!) trial and error even failed me so couldnt even work backwards.

*Rant over*
    Spoiler:
    Show
    For those that read this, stop burning time and let's smash C4!

ReputationRep:
    Think someone is looking for some attention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slumdog69)
    can you clarify if you are married to your 14 year old sister or not?
    I am both married to, and dogging.

ReputationRep:
    Completely failed this - from someone getting 66+ on past papers I'm pretty sure I got about 55. Am I looking at a B there?

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has any questions about this exam, text or call me on 07855867338 (I am a maths tutor so should be able to help!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hthomas5)
    If anyone has any questions about this exam, text or call me on 07855867338 (I am a maths tutor so should be able to help!)
    Thanks for the help, this guy knows what he's doing! Hit him up for any Core 4 queries! x

ReputationRep:
    Would I loose marks on 6 (I) for leaving the answer as x= sin(pie/6) ?

ReputationRep:
    For the last seven marker I managed to rearrange to the inverse and got the range and domain but I messed up the graph. What do you think I would of gotten out of seven?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiariane)
    Completely failed this - from someone getting 66+ on past papers I'm pretty sure I got about 55. Am I looking at a B there?
    I've heard grade boundaries are going up so this will probably be the C/D borderline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim997)
    For the last seven marker I managed to rearrange to the inverse and got the range and domain but I messed up the graph. What do you think I would of gotten out of seven?
    I'm guessing 2 marks for the graph, 1 for shape and 1 for correct points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiariane)
    Previous hard papers like Jan-12 were as low as 55 for an A so I think you might be in luck. (Jan-11 was 54 for an A)

Cast your eye over those papers. If they look harder you prob have an A. If they look easier you're maybe looking at a B.

This paper was easy for those who did every past paper (same questions came up)

Hard for those who just did the book and maybe a few papers.

Around 57 had been for an A on average over the years (by eye not worked it out statistically).

ReputationRep:
    I am both married to, and dogging.
    sound m8

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 20, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.