Turn on thread page Beta

You deserve to die if you eat meat watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    This woman believes everyone should be a vegan and forced to be one because if you eat meat you don't deserve to live.

Eurgh I've seen a video of that woman's before :indiff: she made me so angry. Not watching that one, but what a **** she is.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Humans are omnivores - I'm happy to leave it there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    I'm going to take issue with the health argument in particular.

Is there any actual evidence that vegetarian and vegan diets are healthier than a diet which includes meat? Quite a few of the studies I've seen vegetarians and vegans use to promote vegetarianism are simply correlation studies which do not provide any evidence of a causal link. And I have not seen any evidence whatsoever that meat itself is inherently unhealthy. Meat can be a healthy part of a balanced diet.
    There is an actual casual relationship between meat/dairy and health issues like CVD because of the quantity of saturated fat. It's a proven fact that saturated fat is inherently unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    it just annoys me that you say were just unaware, when im not, I am 100% aware and I still choose not to!

Haha no no no, I was listing some of the fruits and veggies I liked. I dont want to go too crazy with listing food.
    I like potatoes in many ways, I do enjoy pasta but with not enjoying tomatoes I struggle to find a topping for pasta, i cannot stand anything cheese or egg based.

I wish this fussiness was all in my mind, but I dont think it is, I go to the shops and waste money on trying all sorts of fruits, veggies and different types of food just to hate them, and it really frustrates me because all i want to do is like and enjoy more foods, i just struggle to do so even at 18 years old.

I honestly dont think I will ever become vegan yet in the past few years I have cut down my meat intake significantly. Ii have much less meat in a day, and when I do it is usually leaner healthier meats.

I cannot stand milk from any course, almond and soya milk completely disgust me and have made me vomit uncontrollably many times (I dont have any intolerances either according to my doctor).

I have tried everything with regards to food and I literally cannot stand it anymore, so im just going to keep going the way I am, as its the only way I feel healthy and not deprived in myself.

as for the statement about double bonds, I do chemistry at A level and I found this as if you were talking to me as a primary school child, I know you didnt mean it, but I am educated in this respect.
    To be honest, I completely understand your point and I don't ever want to force someone to be vegan. If someone is forced to be vegan, they won't stick to it, so there's no point. Have you tried talking to your doctor about the food fussiness though? Maybe there's a way he/she could help you? Not to become vegan but just to give you more choices.
    I don't know why the part about double bonds was in bold, I'm new to TSR so maybe I accidentally put coding in my response :') Hehe I did A level chemistry too, high five ^_^ But the part about double bonds in saturated fats in meat was from A level biology :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waitingforuni)
    There is an actual casual relationship between meat/dairy and health issues like CVD because of the quantity of saturated fat. It's a proven fact that saturated fat is inherently unhealthy.
    But is that not an issue related to the types of meat you eat and how much you eat, rather than meat itself? Too much of anything is unhealthy.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/...rated-fat.aspx - this mentions sausages, bacon, and fatty cuts of meat.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be childish lol.We are human, every creature lives by killing other creatures.Eating is killing.And you are right, everybody deserves to die,and live.Don't fool your self,that is how brutal life is lol.Enjoy it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    Those aren't moral reasons
    Yes they are. Environmental protection is a big part of my morals :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    This woman believes everyone should be a vegan and forced to be one because if you eat meat you don't deserve to live.
    If you believe in God, you shouldn't eat meat...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    To bad it's all a liberal conspiracy :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Morality is telling the difference between right and wrong. People who are vegetarian/vegan for moral reasons think that the eating of animals by humans is wrong, or that the way animals are treated before slaughter is wrong, or that humans have a moral duty to not take advantage of animal life. Now, you may be a vegetarian/vegan because you think that protecting the environment is a moral duty, and that not eating animals achieves this, but in that case you're still not a vegetarian/vegan directly because of your morality.

The need to protect the environment is also objective, while morality is subjective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    To bad it's all a liberal conspiracy :ninja:
    Its all a front for Marxism, that's what I heard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demx9)
    If you believe in God, you shouldn't eat meat...
    Uh no.
    The bible is pretty clear you can eat meat, so long as it is "clean".

ReputationRep:
    Its all a front for Marxism, that's what I heard
    Awww, I was hoping you would think I was being genuine so I could :troll: you

ReputationRep:
    I feel i should deal with all this hostility but Jason, Jackson and Toni just asked where their keys are

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.