Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    They are Muslims, they were brought up Muslims, in a Muslim household, reading the Quran and going to Mosque so don't pretend they are not Muslim to hide the fact that is what turned them to extremism. You were suppose to keep them in check but failed, take responsibility for your actions.

You can not just have them in your group one minute and chuck them out the next.

P.S Islamophobia does not exist
    OK fine, If they want to think they are, let them.
    however, in no place in Islam does it say that what they are doing is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    You haven't even tried.
    true. ok, they are being oppressed in burma, west bank, gaza

ReputationRep:
    It is clear from my views on this forum that I am critical of Islam in the West. However, attacking Muslims is disgusting. These people pose little threat to you-you pose much more of one to them if you are the one attacking them. I mean it is stupid to criticise Islam for being backward, violent, not respecting civil rights before you then completely deny another person the right to walk down a street without harassment or being the victim of violence.

Hate crime is worrying and wrong, whatever your views on immigration. Also, you can't criticise these communities for not integrating when you go around attacking them.

That said, I completely understand why people are resorting to crime themselves-they have been denied the right to democracy to resist this cultural change and once democracy fails all you have left is violence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myabzz)
    yes, but it is the Muslims who are being oppressed, and why? What have they done wrong?

I agree that what the extremists are doing is wrong, claiming it is to do with religion, but it is not. They say that they are right, but all they are doing is brutally murdering innocent people, but that is not what Islam is about. If they say that it is, then they are not Muslims.
    But don't you find it awfully strange how Islam is involved in pretty much every conflict?

ReputationRep:
    true. ok, they are being oppressed in burma, west bank, gaza
    What's that got to do with the UK?

ReputationRep:
    OK fine, If they want to think they are, let them.
    however, in no place in Islam does it say that what they are doing is right.
    So it doesn't say slay the infidels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    What's that got to do with the UK?
    nothing, you asked where they are being depressed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    So it doesn't say slay the infidels?
    show me where it says that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    It is clear from my views on this forum that I am critical of Islam in the West. However, attacking Muslims is disgusting. These people pose little threat to you-you pose much more of one to them if you are the one attacking them. I mean it is stupid to criticise Islam for being backward, violent, not respecting civil rights before you then completely deny another person the right to walk down a street without harassment or being the victim of violence.

Hate crime is worrying and wrong, whatever your views on immigration. Also, you can't criticise these communities for not integrating when you go around attacking them.

That said, I completely understand why people are resorting to crime themselves-they have been denied the right to democracy to resist this cultural change and once democracy fails all you have left is violence.
    They would find more respect if for once in their lives they responded to extremism and terror without the usual "they are not really Muslim" which deflects all responsibility from the Muslim community. It's careless. It's like saying "George bush is not really American". Until they accept their actions they can not demand respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)

Wherever Islam spreads, violence follows. Is it wrong for us to not want violence here?

ReputationRep:
    nothing, you asked where they are being depressed
    at least you admint it has 'nothing' to do with the OP

ReputationRep:
    show me where it says that
    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/qu...3-violence.htm

ReputationRep:
    Wherever Islam spreads, violence follows. Is it wrong for us to not want violence here?
    No. I don't want violence here. I am against the Islamification of Europe that is happening at break neck speed (and god help us if Turkey joins the EU).

However, such as this case;
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-33227119

I would guess that many of the people committing the violence aren't particularly fussy about the spread of Islam, they just want to verbally or physically attack anyone with brown skin.

ReputationRep:
    actualy that is wrong, the verse is talking about a war. it mentions an offensive war, however he clearly stated that war is the last resort and can only be done when you can not live peacefully and everything else has failed. however in todays society, majority of people are more than happy to live peacefully. the rest of the website is nonsense. i.e you should fight for and only for god. that doesnt mean kill people randomly.

ReputationRep:
    So its racist to criticise Catholics for not promoting contraception? Thats "racism"? :rolleyes:
    Well, if you're basing that assertion upon a group of people who happen to be of a particular colour, and masking that through some of the beliefs that they hold, then yes, I'd consider that to be a form of indirect racism.

Say black people are constantly portrayed as Catholics and you, as an inherent racist, observe that black people have lots of children which leads you to state that Catholics have too many children, I would, and I'm sure many others, would consider that to be racism.

Not because their ideology doesn't promote contraception, not because you've met every variant of who could be considered a Catholic but because you have taken the actions of a group of people who happen to be of a similar colour and attributed their actions to a certain ideology that some of them may follow.

In effect, you've masked and tried to mitigate your inherent racism by attacking the ideology, to give it some semblance of credence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr JB)
    The writing has been on the wall for a long time. This is only just the beginning of the civil unrest. First it will start off with Islamophobic attacks as the natives retaliate due to the current ongoings around the world, then it will lead to retaliation from Muslims who feel they are being persecuted by these groups and it will all end in riots and civil unrest on the streets of the United Kingdom. I do not agree with all of this and wish people could just live harmoniously but they can't. Its not going to end well.
    Islamophobic? to suggest that anyone in this day and age can have an irrational fear of Islam is ludicrous.

Also note that these 'attacks' on Muslims are greatly over exaggerated by Muslims trying to cry victim as their adherents commit mass rape and murder all across Europe and the Middle East. more often than not, the hate crimes against Muslims because of their faith are carried out BY OTHER MUSLIMS.

Honour killings, FGM, fatwas for blasphemy, kidnapping and forced marriage of underage Muslim girls, murder for apostasy and so on.

Generally it's just a catchy headline to feed the false narrative this demographic is suffering under our jackboots, the people simply don't believe it anymore. The truth is simply to horrifying and pandemic to brush under the rug, there is almost nowhere left for people to bury their heads from the atrocities being committed as a direct result of Islam and those that propagate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    Well, if you're basing that assertion upon a group of people who happen to be of a particular colour, and masking that through some of the beliefs that they hold, then yes, I'd consider that to be a form of indirect racism.

Say black people are constantly portrayed as Catholics and you, as an inherent racist, observe that black people have lots of children which leads you to state that Catholics have too many children, I would, and I'm sure many others, would consider that to be racism.

Not because their ideology doesn't promote contraception, not because you've met every variant of who could be considered a Catholic but because you have taken the actions of a group of people who happen to be of a similar colour and attributed their actions to a certain ideology that some of them may follow.

In effect, you've masked and tried to mitigate your inherent racism by attacking the ideology, to give it some semblance of credence.
    Errrr where have I mentioned skin colour?

ReputationRep:
    Errrr where have I mentioned skin colour?
    If you didn't. then your question was irrelevant to my previous post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    If you didn't. then your question was irrelevant to my previous post.
    You mean, your previous post was irrelevant to my post you quoted.

ReputationRep:
    You mean, your previous post was irrelevant to my post you quoted.
    My post, illustrating how inherent racist qualities often manifest themselves under the pretext of Islamophobia was directly related to the subsequent post where you tried to extrapolate and impost similar characteristics upon those of another faith.

I then explained, in detail, how in such a circumstance, a person may still manifest their inherent racist qualities, regardless of religion or ideology.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.