Is there a medics offer group too?

Not that I know of, but we should start one! 😊
Original post by TheMouseyS

There's also a 2016 group for applicants and offer holders

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Wan2bedoc
Has anyone who chose english pathway get an offer?

I didn't give a preference but got an offer for English pathway, if that's any use

(Applicant from England)
Original post by Docjones1
Probably not - but if you know you're set on Aberdeen over St Andrews firmly then there's no point going.

Original post by bigs1998
Yeah and they might be able to offer your interview slot to someone else which if you're set on aberdeen over st andies is a good thing obv :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I've let them know, so hopefully it goes to someone who needs it 😊.
Reply 384
Does anyone know how quickly they reply after an interview/when they finish giving out offers?
Original post by Fin193
Does anyone know how quickly they reply after an interview/when they finish giving out offers?

Most offers in mid march according to website
Reply 386
Anyone know if Internationals absolutely MUST go to Manchester vs Barts/Scottish school?

The answer's probably yes, but I'll email them IF they give me an offer :P
Original post by Fin193

I had an interview on the 6th December and they only sent me an offer on Monday
Original post by Fin193

I don't think there's any way of knowing exactly, it varies from person to person. I had my interview on February 3rd and got my offer on March 1st.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 389
Lol people have already got offers and I'm just going to my interview today
Original post by idklol

Good luck man :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by idklol

Oh same! :biggrin: What time is yours at?
Reply 392
Original post by nessa11
Oh same! :biggrin: What time is yours at?

2.52, what about you? :smile:
Original post by idklol
2.52, what about you? :smile:

Well thats an oddly specific time. Mines is at 4pm.
Original post by nessa11
Well thats an oddly specific time. Mines is at 4pm.

Good luck guys! You will smash it, just relax and you'll be fine :smile:
Hi guys, I am a bit confused of the course structure. Ok so students only study in St Andrews for the first two years? Then do they move on to partner medical schools in 3rd year, or 4th year? Assume if 3rd year, then students will study in the PMS for 3 years, before getting MBChB? which means 3rd 4th 5th year in a PMS? And do students have to compete again for entry into PMS or is it direct entry? If students failed to get into PMS, then wouldnt they just graduate with a BSc Hons degree, without a medical degree?
Thank you guys, i seemed to find answers to my questions online but some of the information are kind of contradicting. Congrats to those who got offers!!
Original post by glennfenix
Hi guys, I am a bit confused of the course structure. Ok so students only study in St Andrews for the first two years? Then do they move on to partner medical schools in 3rd year, or 4th year? Assume if 3rd year, then students will study in the PMS for 3 years, before getting MBChB? which means 3rd 4th 5th year in a PMS? And do students have to compete again for entry into PMS or is it direct entry? If students failed to get into PMS, then wouldnt they just graduate with a BSc Hons degree, without a medical degree?
Thank you guys, i seemed to find answers to my questions online but some of the information are kind of contradicting. Congrats to those who got offers!!

Three years at St Andrews. We then join the third year cohort of the partner school and do their years 3, 4 and 5. Total six years.

Entry to a partner school is guaranteed, unless you fail the St Andrews bit / there are sufficient fitness to practice concerns / you choose not to continue.

In second year you rank the partner schools according to preference. You compete as in, allocation is based on grades, but you won't be without a partner school. Worst case scenario is you end up at your last choice school, but I don't actually know anyone that's happened to.
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Three years at St Andrews. We then join the third year cohort of the partner school and do their years 3, 4 and 5. Total six years.

Entry to a partner school is guaranteed, unless you fail the St Andrews bit / there are sufficient fitness to practice concerns / you choose not to continue.

In second year you rank the partner schools according to preference. You compete as in, allocation is based on grades, but you won't be without a partner school. Worst case scenario is you end up at your last choice school, but I don't actually know anyone that's happened to.

OHHH okkkk. Thank you so much for your reply. I understand now. THANKS!!!!!
Hey guys! Any of you been invited to an offer holders evening for St A at Leeds? I guess they'll have a few around the country and invite people who live closest to the event
Original post by TheMouseyS

Yeah there is, and we have a fb chat :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending