The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Hey, is anybody going to the biosciences open day on the 16th of Feb? I was also wondering what accommodation people thought was best if you're based in the bioscience buildings

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Gracemarielewis
I couldn't believe I had to put 10 choices! Towards the end I was putting anything down but my first was Talybont South because it's a good location and it's cheaper than Taylbont Court and Talybont Gate.

I'm in the same boat haha. It reached a point where I might just close my eyes and pick a random one.
Original post by kkboyk
I'm in the same boat haha. It reached a point where I might just close my eyes and pick a random one.

Hope I don't get anything passed my fourth choice haha
Original post by anise_mc
booking is open now, i just did it :smile:

oh great! thanks :smile:

So what did you put as your first?
hey, so what is quiet- living exactly?
(edited 8 years ago)
Made my accommodation choices🙌🏼
Original post by effie13
hey, so what is quiet- living exactly?

Technically it means that people applying for that accommodation prefer peace and quiet so if you prefer a quiet place to live at, you should select that. But realistically, probably anyone applies for those places so it's probably the same everywhere
Original post by Devify
Technically it means that people applying for that accommodation prefer peace and quiet so if you prefer a quiet place to live at, you should select that. But realistically, probably anyone applies for those places so it's probably the same everywhere

yeah, you're probably right :smile:
Original post by effie13
oh great! thanks :smile:

So what did you put as your first?

talybont south which i really hope i get, then senghennydd court purely because it's so close to the engineering building, followed by the rest of the talybonts and then some others i think, 10 is way too many!
talybont south which i really hope i get, then senghennydd court purely because it's so close to the engineering building, followed by the rest of the talybonts and then some others i think, 10 is way too many!

Exactly the same as me! But Senghennydd because of Physics :smile:

I know 10 is a lot and i dont even like my last choices!:frown:
I put colum hall as my first and really hope i go there :redface: and then aberconway
Reply 391
hi this is Abdul again

is it too late to apply for accommodation , I am a postgraduate
Original post by Gracemarielewis
Exactly the same as me! But Senghennydd because of Physics :smile:

ahhh that's great!! do you know if they allocate it randomly or first come first served?
Original post by effie13
I know 10 is a lot and i dont even like my last choices!:frown:
I put colum hall as my first and really hope i go there :redface: and then aberconway

i put colum and aberconway down but i can't remember where :') something like 7th i think
i put colum and aberconway down but i can't remember where :':wink: something like 7th i think

i put taly south too, although its further away from the main building where the chemistry building is
ahhh that's great!! do you know if they allocate it randomly or first come first served?

Well my sister went to Swansea last year and she had her first choice. I'm not sure if it was luck but they offer it out to the people who have firmed the uni first. They didn't allocate accommodation though until after results day!
I've applied for maths, really liked it on the open day:h:
Hi, has anyone been to the talybont accommodation and has anyone put Talybont Gate or Court as their top choice? :smile:
quick question: does anyone know how to apply for the flats only in Cartwright court
or at least clarify somehow that I would not prefer to be put in a house?
Applying for accommodation now :smile: Liberty House is my first choice. Still can't find anyone on my course though - Social Analytics & Politics anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending