Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxlik)
    Got rejected for IR even though the requirements are AAA and I'm predicted A*A*A

A bit bummed but oh well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    why?! I dont understand how people like you are getting rejected! Is it a very porpular course or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    why?! I dont understand how people like you are getting rejected! Is it a very porpular course or something?
    I have no idea, I've heard many stories about students who meet or exceed their requirements being rejected. I'm not sure what it is, as I've been told by many that my PS is also very strong. But I've asked for feedback to find out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxlik)
    I have no idea, I've heard many stories about students who meet or exceed their requirements being rejected. I'm not sure what it is, as I've been told by many that my PS is also very strong. But I've asked for feedback to find out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow that is so dumb. Please let me know what their reason is, im curious to know now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    Wow that is so dumb. Please let me know what their reason is, im curious to know now
    Will do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I'm on a gap year and just sent off my application for neuroscience. I know this might sound like a stupid question, but it is possible that I could be rejected due to my personal statement. I made a grammar mistake which after proof reading myself and getting my family to read over it somehow didnt notice and the personal statement itself isnt the most amazing piece of writing reading it over it now. I already have the grades, well exceeded in fact what they are asking for. I'm quite the paranoid individual as you can see and was just looking for some reassurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaseho98)
    Hey best of luck with your application! Received my psych offer I think that it really depends on when you submit your UCAS (despite them saying equal consideration)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still waiting! When did you get your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HyperIntake)
    So I'm on a gap year and just sent off my application for neuroscience. I know this might sound like a stupid question, but it is possible that I could be rejected due to my personal statement. I made a grammar mistake which after proof reading myself and getting my family to read over it somehow didnt notice and the personal statement itself isnt the most amazing piece of writing reading it over it now. I already have the grades, well exceeded in fact what they are asking for. I'm quite the paranoid individual as you can see and was just looking for some reassurance.
    Don't panic too much - it depends on what kind of mistake it was. If it was a glaringly obvious mistake, it wouldn't do you many favours, but considering that both you and your family missed it, it sounds like it was very small, like missing a full stop or something. And, unis get thousands of applications every year - whilst they read our PS, it's highly unlikely they're going to be scouring them for tiny mistakes (unless you apply for English, in which case mistakes really aren't good, but you haven't so that's not an issue), so I really wouldn't worry about it!! If you've met and exceeded the grades like you said, I seriously doubt one grammar mistake is going to harm your application!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iomellie123)
    Don't panic too much - it depends on what kind of mistake it was. If it was a glaringly obvious mistake, it wouldn't do you many favours, but considering that both you and your family missed it, it sounds like it was very small, like missing a full stop or something. And, unis get thousands of applications every year - whilst they read our PS, it's highly unlikely they're going to be scouring them for tiny mistakes (unless you apply for English, in which case mistakes really aren't good, but you haven't so that's not an issue), so I really wouldn't worry about it!! If you've met and exceeded the grades like you said, I seriously doubt one grammar mistake is going to harm your application!!
    Thats good to hear thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer more than a month ago!

(Original post by SejongtheGreat)
    I'm still waiting! When did you get your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    I was told it was my GCSEs, I got 6As and 4Bs. Makes sense as I know there's some people with 54A*s and stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    Im hoping to apply for physics Bsc at kings but dont know if I'll get an offer with my predeictions :/
    What did you get at AS and what are your A2 predictions?
    Where else have you applied? What subjects are you studying?

Have you received any interviews so far?

I'm predicted A*AC (AAB average) so I doubting whether I'll get an offer from KCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxlik)
    I was told it was my GCSEs, I got 6As and 4Bs. Makes sense as I know there's some people with 54A*s and stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Were there specific gcse requirements for your course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxlik)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    omg that is so harsh! But atleast you have really good back up choices. I got similar gcses to yours, 6As 4Bs 2Cs but im applying for Physics, so scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    Were there specific gcse requirements for your course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It doesn't specify other than a C in Maths and A in English/Humanities a subject I think which I do have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    omg that is so harsh! But atleast you have really good back up choices. I got similar gcses to yours, 6As 4Bs 2Cs but im applying for Physics, so scared
    Good luck! Hopefully not all departments focus so much on GCSEs and tbh your GCSEs aren't bad at all. I'm a bit worried that since I didn't get Kings, I don't stand a chance with UCL, LSE or Cambridge. But all I can do is wait and see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    What did you get at AS and what are your A2 predictions?
    Where else have you applied? What subjects are you studying?

Have you received any interviews so far?

I'm predicted A*AC (AAB average) so I doubting whether I'll get an offer from KCL.
    I got a B in maths and Physics and a C in economcis. My current predictions are AAB, but that could change to AAA some time this week before my application is sent hopefully. If i get the AAA ill be applying to kings queen mary and imperial.
    Im currently studying Maths, physics and Economics.
    I havent received any interviews, Ive stil got to send it off lol

Ps, are you predicted the a* and a in maths and physics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxlik)
    Good luck! Hopefully not all departments focus so much on GCSEs and tbh your GCSEs aren't bad at all. I'm a bit worried that since I didn't get Kings, I don't stand a chance with UCL, LSE or Cambridge. But all I can do is wait and see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. I get how you feel but be positive, best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    I got a B in maths and Physics and a C in economcis. My current predictions are AAB, but that could change to AAA some time this week before my application is sent hopefully. If i get the AAA ill be applying to kings queen mary and imperial.
    Im currently studying Maths, physics and Economics.
    I havent received any interviews, Ive stil got to send it off lol

Ps, are you predicted the a* and a in maths and physics?
    I'm predicted A* in Maths, A in Physics, C in History (not resitting).

Imperial asks for A*A*A which is beyond me since I'm not resitting history.
    I take it you want to stay in london?
    Oh, I thought I was late when I sent off my application early November.

ReputationRep:
    Applied for PPL in begging of October, still didnt get any reply, anyone knows approximate dates when to expect the reply ?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beascottswanson)
    Unconditional for liberal arts!! 😍
    Congratulations!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 15, 2016
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.