The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medical School Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by painandpride15
Thanks very much !!

Yes I see what you mean . Well Plymouth certainly know their numbers as they have to make it fair for the people who couldn't make the November interviews .

Also if you need to query how the waiting list works, just call up Plymouth , they're very helpful compared to a lot of medical schools !

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true. Just a very long wait till mid-March now (if by some miracle I end up getting an offer it'll be the best birthday present ever).

Yes, I've found that - the whole process in general has run very smoothly so far. They haven't kept us in the dark for very long like a lot of other unis have and when they say something they stick to it.
Original post by arnoldschnitzel
Offer, AAA :smile:

Congrats!! :biggrin:

If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades?
Reply 382
Congrats to all who got an offer. Break a leg to all those on hold. Commiserations to all those who didn't get through.

As a parent of a candidate with an offer, I can guess how relieved/nervous/distraught you all must feel.

Just remember that less than 30% of applicants to Plymouth this year got an interview, so ALL of you are TOP candidates.
Original post by lightwoXd
Congrats!! :biggrin:

If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades?

Thanks! A*AAA :smile:
So I'm on the waiting list...tense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 385
Original post by painandpride15
Thanks ! Well done to you too ! To be honest , from what you told me about what you said in your interview , your answers sounded awesome compared to what I said lol . Haha yeah best Christmas present ever for me :smile: I am wondering if we will get something from Plymouth themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I received an email earlier about non academic forms going out in January. And tbh I thought I flopped it, took down like 3 of their questions within 1 answer and asked them to Repeat some questions but made valid points

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 386
To all medical app did some not receive an offer yesterday via track but did receive one today?
thanks! dental applicant
Reply 387
Original post by ranz
To all medical app did some not receive an offer yesterday via track but did receive one today?
thanks! dental applicant

nobody?
Reply 388
did anyone who have a interview still not hear at all from them?
Seeing as someone else had a stab in the dark and found someone, is there anyone on here who was interviewed 27th November who was in that candidate room from 10:30? I was 11:00 interview but want to find the people who were waiting with me! Did anyone get an offer?
Reply 390
Does anyone know how many offers have been given out so far and how many are still going to be given out roughly?
Reply 391
Original post by Gavin98
Does anyone know how many offers have been given out so far and how many are still going to be given out roughly?

did u have ur interview already? have u still not heard back from them?
Reply 392
Original post by ranz
did u have ur interview already? have u still not heard back from them?

Yea, I'm on the deferred list, wondering how much of a chance I have haha
Reply 393
Are all of you from UK or are there any international students who got their interview done?
Reply 394
Original post by Gavin98
Yea, I'm on the deferred list, wondering how much of a chance I have haha

u mean waiting list?
Reply 395
Original post by ranz
u mean waiting list?

Yea, or 'deferred list of decisions', same thing :smile:
Reply 396
Original post by Gavin98
Yea, or 'deferred list of decisions', same thing :smile:

oh i see, do u know if theres anyone who hasnt heard anything at all from them?
Original post by Riya06
Are all of you from UK or are there any international students who got their interview done?

i think interviews for international students are in february but it's probably worth double checking with the admissions team.
Original post by lightwoXd
Only 10-15? Damn, now I feel pretty lucky to be on it haha

I don't feel very lucky. Very few people get the offer from the waiting list and more often no one.
Original post by portaferissa
I don't feel very lucky. Very few people get the offer from the waiting list and more often no one.

True, even so it's still better than a straight rejection (which tbh was what I was expecting).

Quick Reply

Latest