x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else got an offer today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is really awkward. I made this account today because I've never needed to post before? My bad, I just assumed you guys wanted to know? Anyway, I put my name as DrLabia because I really want to be a gynaecologist! Was just playing with words... Good luck to you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrLabia)
    This is really awkward. I made this account today because I've never needed to post before? My bad, I just assumed you guys wanted to know? Anyway, I put my name as DrLabia because I really want to be a gynaecologist! Was just playing with words... Good luck to you all
    Don't worry! Everyone is just tired and stressed, waiting to hear back from unis...
    thank you for sharing with us, and best of luck to you with Glasgow

ReputationRep:
    Hey all!

Thought I would contact Dundee Medicine via fb to see what they had to say about sending out offers.

So the 11th is Friday, meaning we should all hear by Friday about offers! Good luck x

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 15.36.37.png
Views: 677
Size:  166.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LHC)
    Hey all!

Thought I would contact Dundee Medicine via fb to see what they had to say about sending out offers.

So the 11th is Friday, meaning we should all hear by Friday about offers! Good luck x

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 15.36.37.png
Views: 677
Size:  166.4 KB
    Well that is far more concrete than people saying they have offers. Thanks and here is hoping we know by a week today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcampbell893)
    Well that is far more concrete than people saying they have offers. Thanks and here is hoping we know by a week today
    Yep! It suggests they'll start sending them out before the 11th with the aim to have them all out by the 11th. Since it has to be done manually I'm expecting it to come in dribs and drabs over the next five days. Maybe they'll start today

ReputationRep:
    I got wait listed for Aberdeen and I'm terrified of another rejection 💔💔

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cmc97)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aberdeen has a totally different system to Dundee...at Dundee your interview is a clean slate so hopefully you'll have done just fine...got my fingers crossed for all of us

ReputationRep:
    Been stalking this thread hoping to hear stuff, I'm pretty nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone! Im pretty terrifed myself, has anyone gotten an offer from Dundee already?

ReputationRep:
    I'm just sitting here, staring at my emails

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cmc97)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw no I'm so sorry, is Dundee your last option now? I got wait listed too and I got rejected from Glasgow and Edinburgh.
    Let's just hold on to the hope that these guys won't disappoint us too...

ReputationRep:
    I have queens and Liverpool as well but the queens interview was way worse than Aberdeen. Dundee was my first interview tho so I'm thinking I'll get rejected from it too! (ps I've no idea how to reply to individual messages)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cmc97)
    I have queens and Liverpool as well but the queens interview was way worse than Aberdeen. Dundee was my first interview tho so I'm thinking I'll get rejected from it too! (ps I've no idea how to reply to individual messages)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's good to hear that you've still got others left.
    Dundee was my first interview too and I think it went slightly better than my Aberdeen one.

As mentioned before, Aberdeen still use your UKCAT score after the interview and I think this is probably where I went wrong as mine was 665. Dundee, on the other hand, completely forget about UKCAT after the interview so I'm hoping that I have a bit more of a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waiting123123123)
    I'm just sitting here, staring at my emails
    UCAS track is normally quicker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbownightlock)
    It's good to hear that you've still got others left.
    Dundee was my first interview too and I think it went slightly better than my Aberdeen one.

As mentioned before, Aberdeen still use your UKCAT score after the interview and I think this is probably where I went wrong as mine was 665. Dundee, on the other hand, completely forget about UKCAT after the interview so I'm hoping that I have a bit more of a chance.
    The weighting of the UKCAT after interview is 20%(still pretty high Id say
    I also got wait-listed by Aberdeen and I'm slightly annoyed how Aberdeen simply puts the majority of applicants in the waiting list while giving out offers to the creme de la creme... The waiting list email was very ambiguous and they didn't even say that we are rejected/unsuccessful, just saying that we can't have offers atm.
    I have no idea how many offers they are giving out atm but it might be easier/better to tell us that we are rejected full stop!
    I'm not too optimistic about Dundee either :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm a gap year applicant so I feel like I have to get in this year or just give up 💔💔

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junioh)
    The weighting of the UKCAT after interview is 20%(still pretty high Id say
    I also got wait-listed by Aberdeen and I'm slightly annoyed how Aberdeen simply puts the majority of applicants in the waiting list while giving out offers to the creme de la creme... The waiting list email was very ambiguous and they didn't even say that we are rejected/unsuccessful, just saying that we can't have offers atm.
    I have no idea how many offers they are giving out atm but it might be easier/better to tell us that we are rejected full stop!
    I'm not too optimistic about Dundee either :/
    Urgh I know, I wish they would just decide my fate now.
    Quite frankly, I'm fed up with the way medical schools select students and I hate how they treat the UKCAT like it's the holy grail.

And Cmc97, I feel ya. If I don't get anything this year then I will have to take a gap year. But well done to you for having the strength and determination to carry on, I'm certainly going to have a struggle to go through all this again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbownightlock)
    Urgh I know, I wish they would just decide my fate now.
    Quite frankly, I'm fed up with the way medical schools select students and I hate how they treat the UKCAT like it's the holy grail.

And Cmc97, I feel ya. If I don't get anything this year then I will have to take a gap year. But well done to you for having the strength and determination to carry on, I'm certainly going to have a struggle to go through all this again.
    I know what you mean, UKCAT, unlike exams, is pointless and if you get really poor UKCAT, then no matter how many As you get in highers and nat 5, no matter how much WE you've done, no matter how many instruments/sports you play, you are not gonna even get an interview... which I think is quite absurd. A bulls*** 2hr test can change your fate lmao...
    Plus you can't take it again..
    But then I guess there is no other way to separate the applicants... only the entrance exam- UKCAT/BMAT. The medical schools probably know that the UKCAT score is not a clear indication of a student's ability and potential, but would they care? Probably not... They just want the best out of the best

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.