Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My favourite pro veganism quotation! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What daydreamer said. How can caring about animals be a disease? If it is, then so be it i'm happy to have this 'vegan disease'. I'm happy i'm not a meat-eating savage. For me animal killers and eaters fall into the same category as rapists, paedophiles, murderers and torturers. They are the real disease on this planet, not Vegans. [/QUOTE]

This is disgusting. Putting meat eaters and rapists/pedophiles in the same category. reported.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    What daydreamer said. How can caring about animals be a disease? If it is, then so be it i'm happy to have this 'vegan disease'. I'm happy i'm not a meat-eating savage. For me animal killers and eaters fall into the same category as rapists, paedophiles, murderers and torturers. They are the real disease on this planet, not Vegans.
    This is disgusting. Putting meat eaters and rapists/pedophiles in the same category. reported.[/QUOTE]

*Doesn't understand an argument*
    *Reports argument in fear of what is not understood*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    This is disgusting. Putting meat eaters and rapists/pedophiles in the same category. reported.
    *Doesn't understand an argument*
    *Reports argument in fear of what is not understood*.[/QUOTE]

ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evening)
    Vegans suffer from a sickness of the mind, therefore it is only fitting that they're put down.
    What disease? Veganism isn't a disease. It merely rejects the need for animal products in food. It is therefore one of the least harmful lifestyles going.

So someone with depression should be murdered then? Given that it is a sickness of the mind and should be put down, according to your logic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    eating them as food isn't very kind.
    Fixed.

ReputationRep:
    Fixed.
    Would really appreciate it if you didn't comment on my posts x

ReputationRep:
    Would really appreciate it if you didn't comment on my posts x
    Pro tip: Don't post.

ReputationRep:
    or maybe just dont comment on my posts tbh. I love posting but i dont appreciate you quoting me.

ReputationRep:
    or maybe just dont comment on my posts tbh. I love posting but i dont appreciate you quoting me.
    And yet here we are, me being perfectly within my TSR 'rights' to quote you and ignore your requests that I don't comment on your ignorant posts .

ReputationRep:
    Opinion on the medical advancements made because of animal testing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    Opinion on the medical advancements made because of animal testing?
    Slowed down the rate of advancement due to traditionalists fighting to keep it over more precise testing methods.

ReputationRep:
    And yet here we are, me being perfectly within my TSR 'rights' to quote you and ignore your requests that I don't comment on your ignorant posts .
    Wow. You can clearly tell that your opinion on my views have 0 meaning to me which is why I told you not to quote me. We have completely different opinions on this and you are not going to change my mind whether you think im ignorant or not.

ReputationRep:
    Slowed down the rate of advancement due to traditionalists fighting to keep it over more precise testing methods.
    Would you use any medicine that has been created as a result of the data collected from animal models? I.e. most of them

ReputationRep:
    Would you use any medicine that has been created as a result of the data collected from animal models? I.e. most of them
    Can't change what's already happened, so yes. But that doesn't mean I agree with how they came to be.

Wow. You can clearly tell that your opinion on my views have 0 meaning to me which is why I told you not to quote me. We have completely different opinions on this and you are not going to change my mind whether you think im ignorant or not.
    And you're the only one capable of looking through my replies in the context of your posts? Nope. You do not exist in a vacuum.

ReputationRep:
    Yay vegans :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Can't change what's already happened, so yes. But that doesn't mean I agree with how they came to be.

And you're the only one capable of looking through my replies in the context of your posts? Nope. You do not exist in a vacuum.
    Oh whatever. You called me ignorant for calling out an idiot comparing meat eaters to murderers and rapists, you replied me with some ignorant BS and I replied back. So we clearly have different opinions on this so there is no point in preching to me to eat fruits and vegetables for the rest of my life because its not going to happen

enjoy the rest of your evening x

ReputationRep:
    By that logic,

I can't change how my mince meat came to be. It's happened. Nothing I can do to stop that. So I buy it and enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh whatever. You called me ignorant for calling out an idiot comparing meat eaters to murderers and rapists, you replied me with some ignorant BS and I replied back. So we clearly have different opinions on this so there is no point in preching to me to eat fruits and vegetables for the rest of my life because its not going to happen

enjoy the rest of your evening x
    So you concede to my commenting on your posts, great .

ReputationRep:
    By that logic,

I can't change how my mince meat came to be. It's happened. Nothing I can do to stop that. So I buy it and enjoy it.
    Apart from the fact that medicines are required by law to be tested on animals still. By buying medicines you don't increase the demand for animal testing. It is the legislation that needs to change.

Where as with meat there is a supply and demand issue where by buying more you produce more demand for meat to be sold and eaten. Nice try, but no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    “As long as Man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings, he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love.”
    ― Pythagoras

Who agrees? When I see a meat eater, I can see savage backwards human beings who haven't left their caves yet. How can humans expect there to be world peace when we butcher each other, animals, and destroy our planet?

If everyone understood veganism, they would understand the importance of caring about all life, not just human life. Only then can we strive for world peace. Pythagoras was millennia ahead of his time. What a legend!
    I'm a vegetarian.

This is exactly why I'm not friends with vegans - I really don't want to be associated with this kind of outlook. I've never met such arrogant and self-satisfied people as vegans, they even look down on vegetarians as if we're Satan spawn for eating cheese. Get a grip.

There are doctors, carers and scientists working on curing diseases and all sorts of altruistic people who aren't vegan or vegetarian - there are plenty of good people who aren't vegan (likewise there are plenty of bad people who aren't vegan) and there are murderers and rapists who are vegetarian and vegan just as there are good people who are vegetarian and vegan.

Militant vegans are like fundamentalist Christians - just because you think you're morally clean doesn't mean that anyone who doesn't live like you isn't. You're not morally superior because you eat beans and pulses.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.