Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H_Alli)
    Oh don't worry you'll be fine because when i was at the open day the person that deals with the business applications told me that its good to have a solid statement about your course.
    I think you'll get in with a conditional, I wouldn't worry about it too much
    I won't! Thank you haha. Which languages will you pick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saya k)
    I won't! Thank you haha. Which languages will you pick?
    I'm doing adv higher French and Spanish. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here applied to any Engineering course at Strathclyde or Cali and heard back?

I applied for the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering at Strathclyde and had a interview on the 18th of Feb but still have not heard back. I've applied to Cali for the Electrical Power Engineering course and no response there either.

I got knocked back from similar courses at Edinburgh and Glasgow so kind of bricking it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H_Alli)
    I'm doing adv higher French and Spanish. What about you?
    I'm not too sure. I do advanced german and higher french this year but strathclyde doesn't do german so ill do french and pick between spanish and italian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squire1998)
    Anyone here applied to any Engineering course at Strathclyde or Cali and heard back?

I applied for the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering at Strathclyde and had a interview on the 18th of Feb but still have not heard back. I've applied to Cali for the Electrical Power Engineering course and no response there either.

I got knocked back from similar courses at Edinburgh and Glasgow so kind of bricking it now.
    I applied for mechanical eng and aeromechanical eng at Strathclyde, and mechanical and electrical at gcu, not heard back from either, no interview or offer. Luckily I had an offer from Glasgow though, only need a B in advanced maths or an A at any higher.

My friend has an offer for sports engineering at Strathclyde but he is still waiting on electrical and mechanical there.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, cheers mate. Good to know I'm not the only one in limbo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back for biomedical science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saya k)
    I'm not too sure. I do advanced german and higher french this year but strathclyde doesn't do german so ill do french and pick between spanish and italian
    Im going to do both french and spanish but i guess im probably going to carry on Spanish past 4th year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e.m.r)
    Has anyone heard back for biomedical science?
    No I'm still waiting on microbiology but I'm changing it to biomed/immunology if I get an offer. I emailed the student advisor and she spoke to Dr Charles Kennedy, the academic selector for our courses, and then he said that he's processing the applications now so our decisions can come any day.. What did you get last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasim-98)
    No I'm still waiting on microbiology but I'm changing it to biomed/immunology if I get an offer. I emailed the student advisor and she spoke to Dr Charles Kennedy, the academic selector for our courses, and then he said that he's processing the applications now so our decisions can come any day.. What did you get last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AABBC, yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e.m.r)
    AABBC, yourself?
    AAAA, but in no sciences. I'm doing all my sciences this year. Chem(crash) bio, maths and computing (crash). I honestly think you're gonna have no problem getting in..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AAAA, but in no sciences. I'm doing all my sciences this year. Chem(crash) bio, maths and computing (crash). I honestly think you're gonna have no problem getting in..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you Doing adv bio and adv chem this year so I'll hopefully have a chance and I'm sure you'll receive and offer with those grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e.m.r)
    Thank you Doing adv bio and adv chem this year so I'll hopefully have a chance and I'm sure you'll receive and offer with those grades
    Is this for first or second year entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is this for first or second year entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    First year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah2998)
    I'm sure you will no doubt get an offer then, your grades from last year are better than mine I only got an ACCC, only good thing was my A was maths
    I got a conditional for maths with teaching 😃 I just need either a B at advanced maths or to pass my open university course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmc1)
    Just got a conditional for maths and maths with teaching😬😬.
    I got a conditional for maths with teaching 😃 I just need either a B at advanced maths or to pass my open university course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e.m.r)
    First year
    Id be pretty confident, if I was you. For some reason I think everyone who is doing advanced higher is applying To second year ! Let me know how you get on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Id be pretty confident, if I was you. For some reason I think everyone who is doing advanced higher is applying To second year ! Let me know how you get on

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's good, let me know how you get on as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoelyCam28)
    Ahh, well done, that's great😁!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoelyCam28)
    Well done!! We've got the same offer! Think it is quite an easy offer!😊

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 8, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.