Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

MHoC Political Compass 2015 watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ZZTop1)
    I am going off approximates as i do not know what sub urbs are called. the red lion was the pub name to my knowledge i do not know if its changed name or ownership next. It was either the pub owners pigs or someone was mental enough to get sloshed with their pigs. Its nothing bad I know people have horses inside their houses!
    Billy Gibbons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehistorybore)
    Billy Gibbons?
    Yes what about Bill?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I am going off approximates as i do not know what sub urbs are called. the red lion was the pub name to my knowledge i do not know if its changed name or ownership next. It was either the pub owners pigs or someone was mental enough to get sloshed with their pigs. Its nothing bad I know people have horses inside their houses!
    If you were coming from the coast it was probably the one in Llanfair. I never knew they has pigs though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yes what about Bill?
    I was hoping the Rev had got TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    If you were coming from the coast it was probably the one in Llanfair. I never knew they has pigs though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well there was certainly a pig I wish i killed it to be fair it put a **** off dent in my car

ReputationRep:
    I am not much of a fan of them it was just someone who said i had a zztop beard
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Well there was certainly a pig I wish i killed it to be fair it put a **** off dent in my car
    I could probably go onto Facebook and find exactly who it was whose pig was hit by a car outside the Red Lion in Llanfair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Take it to the bar folks or i'll have this thread cleaned for spam. Several pages of nothingness.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I am not much of a fan of them it was just someone who said i had a zztop beard
    Pity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I could probably go onto Facebook and find exactly who it was whose pig was hit by a car outside the Red Lion in Llanfair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok I will give you the exact day i hit it on 25/10/2014
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by balanced)
    So america is bonkers?
    They are. But that's a different argument

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    America has a minimum wage:confused:
    Whilst it might only be a few states, they are some of the highest populated states that don't have the minimum wage.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    The US already has a minimum wage, and everyone reasonable understands that the Republicans are insane anyway.
    Not in all states at all, and the Republicans are not insane because insanity suggests that they are abnormal, which is wrong as a lot of people support them and any politician which denounces a party/group of people as insane is insane themselves. This is because you just insulted the electorate, which is electoral suicide and which is why Corbyn will not do well.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Putting aside the minimum wage debate, America is bonkers.
    Little Tory GUN, just noticed that
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Whilst it might only be a few states, they are some of the highest populated states that don't have the minimum wage.
    Only 5 don't, and they're some of the lesser populated, although I'm not sure if that's no minimum wage and federal kicks in, or whether it is no minimum wage in legislation to supersede federal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Actually the federal minimum wage law creates a minimum wage when the state hasn't created one, there is no state in America That doesn't have a minimum wage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Actually the federal minimum wage law creates a minimum wage when the state hasn't created one, there is no state in America That doesn't have a minimum wage
    The Fair Labour Standards Act sets a minimum wage at federal level but that minimum wage is often below the market wage, the Fair Labour Standards Act creates exemptions for types of workers, and restaurants can pay workers below the federal minimum wage if is expected tips will take total earnings for the server above the federal minimum: it is not a minimum wage like we have in Britain.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    The Fair Labour Standards Act sets a minimum wage at federal level but that minimum wage is often below the market wage, the Fair Labour Standards Act creates exemptions for types of workers, and restaurants can pay workers below the federal minimum wage if is expected tips will take total earnings for the server above the federal minimum: it is not a minimum wage like we have in Britain.
    If a person doesn't earn the make up in tips then federal law dictates that their employer is ment to supliment the tips to get it up the that minimum wage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    If a person doesn't earn the make up in tips then federal law dictates that their employer is ment to supliment the tips to get it up the that minimum wage.
    That is difficult to work out accurately, however, my main point is the living wage in Fauquier County, Virginia is $27.45 for a married person but the minimum wage is $7.25; the minimum wage is often below the market wage making the legislation worth little to workers.

ReputationRep:
    I know mines 0.25 to the right, not so sure about how liberal :/
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: png 27.png (10.2 KB, 10 views)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.