Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not. I'm currently studying in a french "classe preparatory", it's two years of preparation in order to get into a French business school. But in the beginning of the year I applied to Cambridge and I got an offer. So i'll come there next year!!Looking forward to meeting all students !!

(Original post by jjsnyder)
    I am guessing you are a gap year student then? I have an offer for maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claravu)
    No I'm not. I'm currently studying in a french "classe preparatory", it's two years of preparation in order to get into a French business school. But in the beginning of the year I applied to Cambridge and I got an offer. So i'll come there next year!!Looking forward to meeting all students !!
    That's amazing well done you! Some of us have scary grades to meet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Don't worry, I passed the french one two years ago 🙏🏻

That's amazing well done you! Some of us have scary grades to meet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

:bong:

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone! Has anyone been asked to send in a "student finance breakdown" letter? If so, would someone explain what it is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughlivelove)
    Hello everyone! Has anyone been asked to send in a "student finance breakdown" letter? If so, would someone explain what it is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you're applying for student finance, apply when it opens (29th I think) and you will get a letter when your application has been confirmed. Send St John's a copy.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was wondering if St. John's view economics A Level as a relevant subject for engineering. Also would they recommend carrying all of your A levels? I'm currently in year 12 taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics and Computer Science.

Finally, what UMS are they expecting for engineering?

Thank you in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ehmb)
    Hi,

I was wondering if St. John's view economics A Level as a relevant subject for engineering. Also would they recommend carrying all of your A levels? I'm currently in year 12 taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics and Computer Science.

Thank you in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi I doubt you'll get an authoritative answer here - we're offer holders not admissions tutors!

Best bet would be email the college admissions office - they do reply.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if theres an offer holders facebook group for Johns? Haven't been able to find one yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arkusf)
    Just wondering if theres an offer holders facebook group for Johns? Haven't been able to find one yet!
    Yes - link from applicant portal.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Ehmb)
    Hi,

Thank you in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They use your sciences (Maths, FM, Physics) to calculate your UMS average. But your application is more than just a UMS average.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any fellow mathmos going on the St John's-run STEP course on the 16-17th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klegend02)
    I haven't seen this, but I am a mathmo applying to Johns, could you link me to the sign up page?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klegend02)
    Yep.

I haven't seen this, but I am a mathmo applying to Johns, could you link me to the sign up page?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was in an email from someone called "Marmara K" on the 2nd March. Subject of the email is "Invitation to STEP workshop". That's the only correspondence I've had about it.

I've got a general question. Being an idiot, I've lost my offer letter. Other than the student finance breakdown , is there anything else we have to do? Other than meet our offers, of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Characters....)
    Yep.

It was in an email from someone called "Marmara K" on the 2nd March. Subject of the email is "Invitation to STEP workshop". That's the only correspondence I've had about it.

I've got a general question. Being an idiot, I've lost my offer letter. Other than the student finance breakdown , is there anything else we have to do? Other than meet our offers, of course.
    Nothing else, just some terms and conditions about privacy of information and stiff like that. I think there was a brief mention that it would be nice to email them confirming you accepting the offer.

I cannot find this email after a fairly extensive search, could you PM me a screenshot?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing else, just some terms and conditions about privacy of information and stiff like that. I think there was a brief mention that it would be nice to email them confirming you accepting the offer.

I cannot find this email after a fairly extensive search, could you PM me a screenshot?
    Good. I haven't emailed them about accepting, have you? That said I've not technically accepted yet as I cannot choose my insurance.

And certainly, I'll do that now.

ReputationRep:
    Good. I haven't emailed them about accepting, have you? That said I've not technically accepted yet as I cannot choose my insurance.

And certainly, I'll do that now.
    I sent them a brief email just saying I will gladly accept it when possible, just a one sentence thing.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I sent them a brief email just saying I will gladly accept it when possible, just a one sentence thing.

Thanks
    Done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughlivelove)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, it's as the other person mentioned the letter they send you after you've applied, I just wanted to add that at the top of the letter it should say something like 'If requested show this to your University/College'.

ReputationRep:
    Done.
    Hmm I never received this email. I will follow up on it tomorrow, thanks for the help.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I never received this email. I will follow up on it tomorrow, thanks for the help.
    It's run on a need-only basis like the other (university wide) STEP workshop, so if you go to a (decent) private you almost certainly won't qualify. It's not like they're going to run a workshop for all of their (I'm assuming roughly) thirty-odd maths offer holders.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.