Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KoalaBoar)
    Got a very disappointing 52 overall. Not totally sure I want to do it again since I only want to apply to one GAMSAT uni. Time to focus on my exams and UKCAT now - do we get the results for that before we send off our application?
    Yes you do. You get it on the same day you sit it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehreem5)
    Well Done on the essay section! any tips! i got 58 in essay btw...
    Thanks!

I'm not really sure what I did right to be honest. I studied Law at uni so I have lots of practice with essays. What I did in the exam was spend 5 minutes writing a plan: intro and overview of main points and the thesis and then write out the main points (i always go for 3 main arguments) (make sure to refer to the thesis at the end of each main argument) and then write the counterargument and why it's wrong. and then conclusion and why the main arguments are correct.

(Original post by KoalaBoar)
    Got a very disappointing 52 overall. Not totally sure I want to do it again since I only want to apply to one GAMSAT uni. Time to focus on my exams and UKCAT now - do we get the results for that before we send off our application?
    You get the UKCAT results right after the test or so I've heard.

ReputationRep:
    you get the UKCAT results as soon as the exam ends.

you go to the desk and they print out the results sheet for you.

ReputationRep:
    Some incredible scores here. Looks like quite a wide range of scores with the average dropping slightly lower than last March iirc.

For those who fell short you can still go on to do well in the future with a resit. Many people can vouch for that and it can be seen in this thread! So give it another go.

Whilst it's interesting to speculate on cutoffs I think the September exam will be more relevant, however, there isn't usually that much difference between the two.

For quick comparison a score of 60 in March 2016 is around top 15%, whereas a score of 60 in Sept 2015 was top 30% and 60 in March 2015 was approximately top 20%.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this has already been asked - I can't seem to find a definitive answer!

I've taken the Irish Gamsat, and got an on-the-cusp score (64, but I have a 2.ii so based on the last 2 years, I don't want to chance it!), if I were to take the UK exam in September would I submit both scores, or would I have to disregard my March result in the hopes of getting a higher score in September?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sb213)
    Sorry if this has already been asked - I can't seem to find a definitive answer!

I've taken the Irish Gamsat, and got an on-the-cusp score (64, but I have a 2.ii so based on the last 2 years, I don't want to chance it!), if I were to take the UK exam in September would I submit both scores, or would I have to disregard my March result in the hopes of getting a higher score in September?

Thanks!
    You can ask ACER to submit both scores to your selected universities via phone or email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marathi)
    You can ask ACER to submit both scores to your selected universities via phone or email.
    Great - thank you! So if I sit September and get a lower score, they'll take my March result, as long as I've submitted them both? (Just want to be ansoloutely clear, as this seems like I'm advantaged over people who've only sat September?)

ReputationRep:
    I thought they would only accept one sitting of results?

ReputationRep:
    First time
    65-80-63 for an overall of 67.

Will that be enough for interviews? When I saw that was in the top 5% I thought it definitely must be, but seeing the difference with the Sept curve I'm now worried it's not.

I have a 2.1 BA from Cambridge and an MA from London but both completed 10 years ago. (I feel so old)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sb213)
    Great - thank you! So if I sit September and get a lower score, they'll take my March result, as long as I've submitted them both? (Just want to be ansoloutely clear, as this seems like I'm advantaged over people who've only sat September?)
    Hmm perhaps I asked them to use the higher of my two scores I'll have to check through my emails!

ReputationRep:
    Overall 57, first attempt. Managed a 68 in section two which I'm shocked with as I honestly felt like I wrote complete rubbish. Contemplating a cheeky application to Liverpool and a possible resit depending on how ukcat goes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's quite nice that there's support to get through the GAMSAT, I'll be applying next year. I'm a nurse at the moment, other than St George's and Nottingham, what other universities accept the GAMSAT?

My name is Junaid by the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jramzan)
    It's quite nice that there's support to get through the GAMSAT, I'll be applying next year. I'm a nurse at the moment, other than St George's and Nottingham, what other universities accept the GAMSAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry i cant answer your question as im only appling to those gamsat wise, just wanted to say hi to a fellow nurse! Im a student nurse just now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jramzan)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Swansea, Liverpool and Cardiff are the other ones I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liam__)
    Swansea, Liverpool and Cardiff are the other ones I believe.
    ^ Those are the 4 year courses, though Cardiff has some weird entry requirements....

5 year courses that use the GAMSAT are Cardiff, Exeter and Plymouth

ReputationRep:
    I think you have a brilliant score and you've done well. Despite what the sept chart looks like, you should be alright because the cut offs don't really change that much over the years.
    It all depends on what Universities you apply to.

ReputationRep:
    For those who want to apply using both Ireland and September scores this is the correspondence I received from GAMSAT when I asked them about it last year.

Your GAMSAT scores from the current (2015) UK test will automatically be passed by UCAS to the universities: you do not need to notify UCAS that you are sitting the test. However if you want your GAMSAT March 2015 score to put forward as well I would suggest you contact [email protected] by the 25 October 2015. UCAS will then verify your scores with ACER before forwarding on to the universities. Please ensure the subject line of the email indicates GAMSAT Ireland or GAMSAT Australia. Please be very clear in your email that you have sat the current GAMSAT UK 2015 sitting and you want both valid scores put forward for your application.

I'd double check with them again this year as their process may have changed - just to be on the safe side.

ReputationRep:
    I have just received a 61/62 overall. At last I got the results I needed but I have an offer for 5 year course. It's a bit of a dilemma. You don't really decline an offer without another on the table. I have the funding for the five year but there is a serious difference money wise between the two.

What is St.Georges cut off now? Do they use alternate weighting for scores?

ReputationRep:
    Having got my place this year I'm getting rid of all my gamsat stuff- I literally bought it all. Anyone interested PM me

ReputationRep:
    Either the highest scores seem to have originated from these forums or the March GAMSAT scores were very high overall which may push up the 2016 cut-offs, time will tell!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.