Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ngdp lga 2015/16 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightwing_)
    Oh man, really c**ked that up!!! Emailed Sadie to ask if I could contact one of the councils to be removed from interview, but I didn't specify which one. She replied that she had now removed me from one of the ones that I actually wanted an interview at. This is doing my head in, I have to reply to a council by today that I really don't want to work at !!!!
    Seems strange she'd randomly remove you from a different interview if you hadn't specified which one you wanted to be removed from! Did you get another offer from a different council instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1995c)
    Seems strange she'd randomly remove you from a different interview if you hadn't specified which one you wanted to be removed from! Did you get another offer from a different council instead?
    So I had four interviews, one that I really didn't want. I emailed Sadie to tell her as I had four interviews I would not be able to take that much time off, would it be ok to get in touch with one of my councils and let them know I can't make it? Then she replied to tell me that as one of them has a waiting list she was removing me from that one - no choice, nothing. So now I am left with just one council that I said I actually wanted to be interviewed for .

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, really c**ked that up!!! Emailed Sadie to ask if I could contact one of the councils to be removed from interview, but I didn't specify which one. She replied that she had now removed me from one of the ones that I actually wanted an interview at. This is doing my head in, I have to reply to a council by today that I really don't want to work at !!!!
    If u get it it's only 2 years and then u can use all that u have learnt to apply for jobs at the councils. Go for it ur be ace!

ReputationRep:
    So I had four interviews, one that I really didn't want. I emailed Sadie to tell her as I had four interviews I would not be able to take that much time off, would it be ok to get in touch with one of my councils and let them know I can't make it? Then she replied to tell me that as one of them has a waiting list she was removing me from that one - no choice, nothing. So now I am left with just one council that I said I actually wanted to be interviewed for .
    Oh no bit of a nightmare- could you email back and attempt to sort it or is it too late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1995c)
    Oh no bit of a nightmare- could you email back and attempt to sort it or is it too late?
    I reckon it is too late, Sadie made it clear that competition for council spaces is high, which I think essentially meant she'll take me off a competitive one and leave me with less competitive ones, I'm really disappointed in this whole allocation process

ReputationRep:
    I reckon it is too late, Sadie made it clear that competition for council spaces is high, which I think essentially meant she'll take me off a competitive one and leave me with less competitive ones, I'm really disappointed in this whole allocation process

This probably isn't very helpful but I was in the same situation, with three interviews in the North West where I am based and one down in Surrey which would require two days annual leave. I rang the Emilia Platoni who just advised me to email Surrey directly and tell them I couldnt make it but was willing to do a phone interview. That seemed to sort it and I am still able to interview for my top three choices. You could try calling them to see if you can do a phone interview.

As an aside, it doesn't make sense that so many of us got four interviews if certain councils have waiting lists?

ReputationRep:
    Ah I keep getting Sadie's voicemail when I try to call her! Really want to speak directly to avoid an email being misunderstood!

Agree this system is far from perfect. Don't understand why some people have 4 or 5 when others are on waiting lists. Has anyone actually been notified they are on a waiting list?

By the way, I was sent details of one interview to be told 10 minutes later I wasn't actually shortlisted for that one! Luckily it worked out OK as later that day I got one I really wanted. But, still. Shouldn't happen like that.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received information about the Milton Keynes interview yet? It's quite soon and I've had information about all of the others even though they're happening much later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 140895)
    Anyone received information about the Milton Keynes interview yet? It's quite soon and I've had information about all of the others even though they're happening much later!
    Do you have an email of someone at the council from when LGA copied them in to the notification email? If not, there's contact details on the KHub for someone at Milton Keynes:

"I am currently working at Milton Keynes Council on the scheme as part of cohort 17 so if you have any questions regarding the council or the interview day in general feel free to email me on [email protected]."

ReputationRep:
    anyone know how it works if you get more than one offer after the interviews? do we decided where we go or would it be the ngdp?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajakumarr)
    anyone know how it works if you get more than one offer after the interviews? do we decided where we go or would it be the ngdp?
    It's up to you to accept an offer, so if you get more than one offer you get to choose!

ReputationRep:
    How did everybody find the interviews? Mine were a really mixed bag in terms of what was expected!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kc2001)
    How did everybody find the interviews? Mine were a really mixed bag in terms of what was expected!
    I found them okay. I had mine at North lincolnshire, Doncaster, and Nottinghamshire council. They were all around 3-40 mins each and seemed to ask similar questions including that of "Give me three qualities that describe you".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by judahchandra)
    I found them okay. I had mine at North lincolnshire, Doncaster, and Nottinghamshire council. They were all around 3-40 mins each and seemed to ask similar questions including that of "Give me three qualities that describe you".
    Seems to be totally dependent on the council so. I interviewed at Chester, Wolverhampton and Bolton and they were each very different! Chester was a presentation followed by a very formal interview, Wolverhampton was a relaxed half day with two short interviews and a chance to speak to the graduates etc, and Bolton was most like what you just described, 30-40 mins standard interview!

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know when we are supposed to find out whether we have been successful at interview and are being offered positions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Als1993)
    Does anybody know when we are supposed to find out whether we have been successful at interview and are being offered positions?
    Between 6th and 9th June- I'm hoping they tell us tomorrow and they give us until the 9th to decide?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard we will have 48 hours to accept or decline an offer.

The way it works apparently is councils rank interviewees in order of preference- their top choices are offered the position first. So if someone declines then that place can be offered to the next in the council's preference list.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether we'll receive offers by email or phone?

ReputationRep:
    I was told by current NMTs that they will call us. As the deadline for councils to give feedback was Friday, I'm hoping we will get calls today and have to respond by the 9th as mooted above. Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy25)
    I was told by current NMTs that they will call us. As the deadline for councils to give feedback was Friday, I'm hoping we will get calls today and have to respond by the 9th as mooted above. Good luck everyone!
    Yes that's what I've been led to believe too.

Do post on here when you hear! The anticipation is killing me!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.