x Turn on thread page Beta

Ask the TSR Government - 22nd Parliament watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    The end of the month.
    And when does this turn into "next month"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    January marches on, is can the government offer a more precise time scale for the publication of the budget, or are you going to continue with the typical "it will come when it comes and despite general inactivity from the chancellor we are on schedule"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Budget will be released on Feb 1st.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    The Budget will be released on Feb 1st.
    So it will be released late

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So it will be released late

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pardon

*The Budget will be released by February the 1st so no, not late, bang on time.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Pardon

*The Budget will be released by February the 1st so no, not late, bang on time.
    Make your mind up, it it being released on the 1st, because there are other sources that corroborate that, or is it being released before?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Make your mind up, it it being released on the 1st, because there are other sources that corroborate that, or is it being released before?
    I will not be releasing the full schedule, but it will be released by the 1st of February. If it can be done earlier then it will be, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be released earlier.

ReputationRep:
    That's still about three weeks ahead! :eek: I'm sure you mentioned you were working on in about two weeks ago. We don't need a 200 page long report and I don't presume you're creating one so why are you slacking off when you're leading the nation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    That's still about three weeks ahead! :eek: I'm sure you mentioned you were working on in about two weeks ago. We don't need a 200 page long report and I don't presume you're creating one so why are you slacking off when you're leading the nation?
    Where your definition of working on it means writing up the budget, finding the differences in cost, allocating funding, and predicting growth, the government's likely definition means opening up a thread to have informal discussions about what could be included.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    Where your definition of working on it means writing up the budget, finding the differences in cost, allocating funding, and predicting growth, the government's likely definition means opening up a thread to have informal discussions about what could be included.
    The budget report is as in depth as it gets, it includes tax changes which all have to be researched and costed, it includes key areas of government policy from all departments, it also includes the government's strategy in the removal of the deficit. The report itself is already over 1000 words long.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The budget report is as in depth as it gets, it includes tax changes which all have to be researched and costed, it includes key areas of government policy from all departments, it also includes the government's strategy in the removal of the deficit. The report itself is already over 1000 words long.
    So it's not very in depth and little time has been put into writing it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So it's not very in depth and little time has been put into writing it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *sigh* Coming from someone who's leader suggesting putting something out 200 words long....

In any case, it's not finished yet, still needs plenty of work, and I'm not going sit here and take criticism for something that you haven't seen.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    *sigh* Coming from someone who's leader suggesting putting something out 200 words long....

In any case, it's not finished yet, still needs plenty of work, and I'm not going sit here and take criticism for something that you haven't seen.
    Can you point out where 200 words comes from, or do you have to write so big you can only fit one word on a page?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    There ^^^

Can you point out where 200 words comes from, or do you have to write so big you can only fit one word on a page?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    There ^^^
    So you are confirming that you can only fit one word on a page?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lots of ****slinging coming from people whose idea of a budget would be 'scrap welfare, scrap NHS, scrap state education, 5% flat tax rate, stick 70% of tax receipts into defence'.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So you are confirming that you can only fit one word on a page?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What the **** are you on about?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What the **** are you on about?
    Because there is no mention of 200 words in that post unless fr you 200 words and 200 pages is the same thing. I suggest you re read a post next time before quoting it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Because there is no mention of 200 words in that post unless fr you 200 words and 200 pages is the same thing. I suggest you re read a post next time before quoting it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh lol
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's gonna be to the same standard as my other reports.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oh lol
    It appears you need elementary English lessons from your Rt Hon friends as well as elementary maths lessons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.