Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    For triangle I got (e^2+1)^2/e^3
    +1

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for the substitution question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaaae)
    177/224

ReputationRep:
    I think I got everything right if I didn't make any silly mistakes.
    But there was solid of revolution question which was a double parts thing and
    x=1 to x=1/3
    y=(ln3x)/x
    For which I got something like pi (-(ln3x) ^2+2ln3+4) I can't remember exactly but it was ugly

Finding range we had to differentiate to get maximum point

Then we had to show secx+tanx=-0. 2 given that secx-tanx=-5, my friends had problem with it and it was 2 marks but I took half a page to work it out!
    Yayyy got the same thing for finding the volume!

ReputationRep:
    x=1 to x=1/3
    y=(ln3x)/x
    For which I got something like pi (-(ln3x) ^2+2ln3+4) I can't remember exactly but it was ugly

Then we had to show secx+tanx=-0. 2 given that secx-tanx=-5, my friends had problem with it and it was 2 marks but I took half a page to work it out!
    I GOT THAT FOR THE REVOLUTION QUESTION. HOW MANT MARKS WAS THIS?

this was such a hard paper. I usually finish the paper in an hour and I spend the rest of the time checking over for silly mistakes. But for this one I was working till the last second and I missed out a couple of questions. I thought core 3 would be my best exam and now I'm relying on core 4 to pull my marks up but core 4 is gonna be worse than core 3. Fml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idol crest)
    I feel the exact same way - let's all pray that c4 will be easier
    I doubt it
    I've done a few A2 FM papers already this year and they've all been tough ~ abso****inglutely horrendous
    (Original post by aaaae)
    (Original post by Jm098)
    177/224
    Yup that was a *****y fraction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kforkittyy)
    Yayyy got the same thing for finding the volume!
    Yay :five:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    I GOT THAT FOR THE REVOLUTION QUESTION. HOW MANT MARKS WAS THIS?

this was such a hard paper. I usually finish the paper in an hour and I spend the rest of the time checking over for silly mistakes. But for this one I was working till the last second and I missed out a couple of questions. I thought core 3 would be my best exam and now I'm relying on core 4 to pull my marks up but core 4 is gonna be worse than core 3. Fml
    It was like 7 marks I think
    I bet this is gonna have the lowest C3 boundaries ever though, I wouldn't worry about missing a few qs tbf

ReputationRep:
    -The question where you had to find the area of the triangle and make the answer in terms of what they gave and had to find m and n.... Well, that was vomit worthy; whilst I got to a point where I found the X and y intercepts and found the area... so hope I only lost a couple there
    -The last question should be ok, though I am not sure I "showed" tanx+ secx= -0.2 properly
    -Substitution question wasn't ideal but doable if I didn't make any silly mistake
    -The volumes question is when j got something like fraction ln(something)^2-a fraction (something)-2/9 or something like that should be ok
    -the range of the function of ex question, I lost a good 7 marks there as I forgot to differentiate (realised after)
    -The question where you had to find something in terms of p/q I didn't get that but got a decimal as my calculator only gave that answer, didn't have time to convert but hopefully lost only 2 marks

In total 7+ 10(silly mistakes) + 2+ 2=21 so 54/75 should be a B (if was last year, but hopefully 54 should be an A this year)

Though if I add any more mistakes hope it's at least a B

Good thing I have an unconditional offer still a **** feeling as I was aiming for an A*... And that goes down the drain

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i ****ing hate aqa ****ing ******s **** off core 3 ffs *****est ****ing exam **** my ****ing life piss off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jm098)
    177/224
    +1

ReputationRep:
    How many marks for just finding the x values on the inequality out of 5, couldn't work out the answer

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary predictions?

ReputationRep:
    **** THAT

ReputationRep:
    Correct answer 100% for revolution is pi(5 - (ln(3x)+1)^2) which is the same as pi(4 - ln(3x)^2-ln(9x))

For f(x) y- coordinate correct answer is -(5)^(1/2)

For substitution correct is 177/224

For the last question ( 9 ) proof, take reciprocal of the first equation and then it becomes obvious.

The rest of the paper was fairly straightforward.

ReputationRep:
    Irons for life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vaf200)
    irons for life
    irons!!!!! Weve got payet!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    For triangle I got (e^2+1)^2/e^3
    x=1 to x=1/3
    y=(ln3x)/x

I got pi (-2 (ln3)^2). Hw did u get x in your final answer for volume of rev?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by owain1997)
    irons!!!!! Weve got payet!!!!!
    come on you irons

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer for the p root q thing? I ended up with - root 5 which probably isn't right seeing as p was supposed to be a number

ReputationRep:
    That Core 3 exam felt like jimmy saville was sticking his hand up my arse, clawed my internal organs and ripped my heart out! he then fed it to the Lions aka AQA and sacrificed my soul to the devil! Goodbye Uni and life

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.