** Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2017 Thread **

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gman786)
    I applied 2 weeks ago and my application is still being reviewed.

When did you apply and how long did it take to get interview invite?

Thanks
    That poster was just bantering, they don't have an interview looool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    any tips application wise?
    Have a sick CV.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A Real Quick QN Gs

I'm going warwick and i already know which fin/econ as well as EC societies i plan on joining; tho i get there on 1st Oct; which is bordering on a ever so slightly late app if i was to wait until then, join the uni and socieities and then write it on my cv and then submit the app. Is it lying to write down the societies i know i'll join even tho i am not even at the uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    A Real Quick QN Gs

I'm going warwick and i already know which fin/econ as well as EC societies i plan on joining; tho i get there on 1st Oct; which is bordering on a ever so slightly late app if i was to wait until then, join the uni and socieities and then write it on my cv and then submit the app. Is it lying to write down the societies i know i'll join even tho i am not even at the uni?
    no

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A Real Quick QN Gs

Tbh just writing you're attending the fin/econ societies isn't doesn't really mean much, I mean no **** you're going to be attending them, everyone will lol. They're not going to ring up any societies to confirm you go to them.

ReputationRep:
    A Real Quick QN Gs

Lol I was just looking at their societies page just now.
    Deffo join the wine and whisky one!

maybe say your gonna join them aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    no

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Y) cheers mate - so, i could send off an app on sept 20th saying that i will join 'Y soc' even tho i will get there oct 1st and its all good?

(Original post by Terry Tibbs)
    Tbh just writing you're attending the fin/econ societies isn't doesn't really mean much, I mean no **** you're going to be attending them, everyone will lol. They're not going to ring up any societies to confirm you go to them.
    loooool fair shout man, i didn't think of it that way aha

(Original post by Rkai01)
    Lol I was just looking at their societies page just now.
    Deffo join the wine and whisky one!

maybe say your gonna join them aha
    Lol yh that looked jokes

ReputationRep:
    (Y) cheers mate - so, i could send off an app on sept 20th saying that i will join 'Y soc' even tho i will get there oct 1st and its all good?
    Deffo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Deffo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    niiiiice. Big Up yourself, cheers (Y)

ReputationRep:
    A Real Quick QN Gs

More about getting a leadership position. Thats impressive

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiatorsword)
    More about getting a leadership position. Thats impressive

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yh man, but for 1st years applying for SW that is not possible; given applications to get a leadership position on a society open past the deadline for SW applications.

But for SI yh sure, that is the goal aha

ReputationRep:
    That poster was just bantering, they don't have an interview looool

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not though? They have a phone interview and I've got it... Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gman786)
    I applied 2 weeks ago and my application is still being reviewed.

When did you apply and how long did it take to get interview invite?

Thanks
    Applied 8th Aug. Took like a week. I am already doing an internship here though, finishing on Friday.

ReputationRep:
    yh man, but for 1st years applying for SW that is not possible; given applications to get a leadership position on a society open past the deadline for SW applications.

But for SI yh sure, that is the goal aha
    So true haha. I think lots of summer apps don't have spring weeks because they tend to defer and use the year to infiltrate into diff societies and make a better application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackR7821)
    I'm not though? They have a phone interview and I've got it... Haha
    Nah, I know them, it was a joke. I'm not sure about you though lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I know them, it was a joke. I'm not sure about you though lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Know JP or that person? aha. Guess you all know eachother then lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackR7821)
    Know JP or that person? aha. Guess you all know eachother then lool
    That person :') And nah don't know everyone on this thread irl.

Grats on the interview though dude, good effort!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adrono)
    Any idea how I could convert my Italian Diploma score into UCAS points? I achieved an overall of 85%, not sure what it would be. You'd say I'm in the range?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, definitely above the range.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    85% is not above the average - Imperial, for example, makes offers of 99% average for A*A*A courses (for the Italian diploma) - watch out for giving advice to international applicants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Clockwork Apple)
    85% is not above the average - Imperial, for example, makes offers of 99% average for A*A*A courses
    Yh, but no bank sets a minimum UCAS point boundary at 400.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Clockwork Apple)
    85% is not above the average - Imperial, for example, makes offers of 99% average for A*A*A courses (for the Italian diploma) - watch out for giving advice to international applicants
    Yeah I know it's not above average for many prestigious universities. Usually A*AA = 95% overall, though my question was specifically about banks.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a tool that allows me to convert my grade into UCAS points. Credit Suisse, for example, while completing the application, required me to state the band in which my Diploma % grade falls, and it was like 80-90; 90-100, therefore leaving me to select the former, which I hope will cut it.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.