The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by macsalaama
Why should you need a human for guidance?

The Prophet (SAW) is a clear example of human guidance for today's ummah. He is human and we have his beautiful teachings that guide us in every way of life.

Just as how we need help in life such as career goals or even bringing up a child we need spiritual guidance. There are so many things in life in which you and i and everyone else needs guidance with, as we are not perfect. No human that exists today is perfect therefore remove the arrogance within you and do not say that you do not need any 'human for guidance'.

Also you said that you read the whole Quran. Could you please specify any verses that you do not agree with. Thanks.
Original post by SaraBZ
The Prophet (SAW) is a clear example of human guidance for today's ummah. He is human and we have his beautiful teachings that guide us in every way of life.

Just as how we need help in life such as career goals or even bringing up a child we need spiritual guidance. There are so many things in life in which you and i and everyone else needs guidance with, as we are not perfect. No human that exists today is perfect therefore remove the arrogance within you and do not say that you do not need any 'human for guidance'.

Also you said that you read the whole Quran. Could you please specify any verses that you do not agree with. Thanks.

I'm assuming the end was for Cobalt rather than me but I'll answer anyway

You say Muhammad is a clear example of human guidance yet we know even he wasn't perfect. Also, the Quran is quite vague when it comes to Muhammad and his life but the hadith do. They're depiction of Muhammad aren't exactly the best.
Let's use Aisha as an example. She married at the age of 9 and despite the usual excuse that it was the norm at the time, if Muhammad is the best example for us all Allah should've known it's wrong and disallowed it back then.

No human that exists today is perfect therefore remove the arrogance within you and do not say that you do not need any 'human for guidance'.

I did not say I don't need any human guidance, stop making baseless assumptions without even asking first.

From a Islamic stand point the Quran says itself that it is complete and perfect, Allah says only he can guide us and with the abundance of extra secondary sources like the Seerah and Hadith, individuals shouldn't *need* scholars for spiritual guidance. Sure, the option is and should be there but if you can't even form your own views are you following Allah or the scholars?
Original post by Thanbir.33
can you tell me the base principles of atheism

Atheism doesn't have an ideology or principles. It is simply lacking belief in a god, that's it. That's the only thing atheists have in common.
Original post by Legendary Quest
If I have a say now then it was not written before. In other words, if I have freewill now then nothing was written by God beforehand. Yet, you claim that everything is written and we also have freewill. That's impossible.
We cannot escape our destiny that Allah swt has decreed for us. His knowledge of everything is complete. He guides who he will and misguides who he will. We must trust in Him and accept his guidance. That is our freewill.
can you tell me the base principles of atheism

Base principles?
Athesim isnt a religion.

It is just simply the recognition that there is a lack of evidence for an existence of a deity and therefore is improbable one exists.

Hope this answers your question.
Original post by Cobalt_
Base principles?
Athesim isnt a religion.

It is just simply the recognition that there is a lack of evidence for an existence of a deity and therefore is improbable one exists.

Hope this answers your question.

what evidence disproves god

Few issues with that.

The burden on proof is on you, not on me. When a person makes a claim its their responsibility to provide the proof. I cant make a claim without evidence and then when questioned about it, respond with "what evidence do you have which disproves my claim". Surely you can understand how irrational that is. So it isnt my job nor anyone elses job to disprove your claim, you made the claim so you will have to provide evidence for said claim.

So I ask you, "What evidence proves god?"

Like I said to you, atheism is the realisation that there is a lack of evidence for an existence of a deity. Not the realisation that there is a evidence which disproves a god.

Also, I could easily say there is a pancake in the sky who is the founder of this universe. Can you provide me evidence to disprove of this pancake? Of course you cant, does that prove that its real. Of course not. There is no link between negative proof and something being true.
Some may say you cant prove a negative which is similar to my argument however that isnt technically 100% true. What am I posing is that we cant jump from not being able to prove a negative to something being completely fact.

Let me pose the question like this:
What you're attempting to say is, "the existence of god is true because we cant disprove one."

But then surely the same is true:
The lack of a god existing is true as we have no evidence that the nonexistence of a god is false.

Do you see how ignorant this type of thinking is.

Lastly, With science explaining most of the natural world around us the existence of a deity is becoming more and more unlikely. Yes we dont know everything for sure however thats the beauty behind science, we will find answers to problems eventuality. Most problems we dont know for 100% we still have reasonable answers for (eg abiogenesis) which is more than I can say for people filling in the gaps with god.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Men aren't allowed to beat women.

Not what he said he said men are allowed to beat their wives (and this is correct and is stated in the Quran)

the only issue is how hard are they allowed to beat them
Original post by guided1
We cannot escape our destiny that Allah swt has decreed for us. His knowledge of everything is complete. He guides who he will and misguides who he will. We must trust in Him and accept his guidance. That is our freewill.

So lets get this straight tonight I will go home and do something awful to my copy of the Quran (you don't want to know)

Now God has decreed I will do this, he knows I will do this. he allows me to do this yet he will punish me for doing it

Or will he NOT punish me given he knew I was going to do it and decided not to stop me from doing it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by champ_mc99
The Evil and Suffering argument is pretty weak though.

Because dismissing it with "Life is a test" is so strong! :tongue:
I left not because I had anything against Islam, I don't believe it's as bad as the media portrays it to be and people think it is, people seem to have a lot of misconceptions about Islam. I pretty much think all religion is kind of backwards. I mainly left because I don't believe in God, I personally think belief in God is illogical.

I think a better question is what evidence proves God exists.
Original post by ajay1998
I think a better question is what evidence proves God exists.

The only thing I want to say is that the belief in a superior being fills in the many voids under the big bang theory
Original post by Ascend
Because dismissing it with "Life is a test" is so strong! :tongue:

Thank you. Finally someone who understands! :h:
The only thing I want to say is that the belief in a superior being fills in the many voids under the big bang theory

I don't really think that's a valid reason to believe in God. There are many things we can't explain about our world and the universe, but that doesn't mean what can't be explained is the work of God. It might just mean we simply haven't developed the right scientific theory, or even maybe humans as a species are simply not intelligent enough to explain everything about the universe.
Original post by ajay1998
I don't really think that's a valid reason to believe in God. There are many things we can't explain about our world and the universe, but that doesn't mean what can't be explained is the work of God. It might just mean we simply haven't developed the right scientific theory, or even maybe humans as a species are simply not intelligent enough to explain everything about the universe.

so what caused the big bang theory
so what caused the big bang theory

Why do you fail to understand that this is an area that many scientists are still researching? We do not claim that we are certain of everything. Rather, we accept this fact and try to enhance our scientific knowledge instead of giving a God all the credit (just because we are too lazy to find the answers ourselves).

Since you are obsessed with the idea that something must have created us, allow me to ask you one question: who or what created God then?
Original post by BaconandSauce
So lets get this straight tonight I will go home and do something awful to my copy of the Quran (you don't want to know)

Now God has decreed I will do this, he knows I will do this. he allows me to do this yet he will punish me for doing it

Or will he NOT punish me given he knew I was going to do it and decided not to stop me from doing it?

He's going to punish you anyway because he enjoys making beings just so he can watch them burn. :wink:

God of the Gaps fallacy.
Original post by Legendary Quest
Why do you fail to understand that this is an area that many scientists are still researching? We do not claim that we are certain of everything. Rather, we accept this fact and try to enhance our scientific knowledge instead of giving a God all the credit (just because we are too lazy to find the answers ourselves).

Since you are obsessed with the idea that something must have created us, allow me to ask you one question: who or what created God then?

that's the thing about the acceptance of god. we take him to be the beginning where everything started. however with the big bang theory; something or the other collided causing an explosion which expanded into today's universe so before this what was there
and anyways the concept of the big bang theory can be incorporated into religion.
in the quran, god's word is poetic he fasioned the universe so why can't be possible to fasion it through the big bang theory.
besides something completely irrelevant is that einstein one of the most renowned scientist also agreed to the idea of a superior being

Latest

Trending

Trending