Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

64% of TSR want to remain in the EU... share your vote watch

• View Poll Results: How will you be voting in the EU referendum?
    Remain
    56.27%
    Leave
    24.23%
    Don't know yet
    6.58%
    Won't be voting
    12.92%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasicMistake)
    Would it be a fair assessment to say that Leave voters are hoping for the collapse of the EU whether or not we are in it?
    Not me.

But I will certainly be hoping for crisis after crisis if we vote to stay in.

ReputationRep:
    One thing that really really amazes me about the fact that so many young people want to remain is that house prices are surely more likely to rise even further if we stay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolvesS)
    It's 20 billion actually.

How does it feel that we give enough a week to fund a NHS hospital? to a government that we have under 10% influence in? and that generally rule us as an incompetent country?

It's not racist to help CONTROL borders, you need to get rid of this meme that controlling borders is racist because do you class Australia racist for their immigration system? no you don't. thats the immigration system WE want.

Everyone here is too much of a left wing bigot to see the positives, we dont lose trade, we make MORE money, we are independent if we leave. In 10 years time, the EU will have control of our TAXES, our TAXES people. How does it feel that when 2020 elections come up, you won't be voting for someone because they will lower taxes because its impossible for them to be lowered. The UK never had a say in Europe, every law against us, every 40 EU law against us, has been put forward despite disapproveful. Disgrace to the UK, we are british not European. If Iceland can stand on its own, making trade agreements with China and other big nations with drawback, a country 20x its size can do better!
    It's even less than that.

We have 9.71% of the voting power in the European Parliament, despite constituting 12.74% of the EU population. (The EU has a system of degressive proportionality; back to the days of rotten boroughs!)

But we don't even have a representative in the European Commission. (And a commissioner is not a representative, despite this common misconception.)

So our representatives can't even initiate (propose) legislation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    It's even less than that.

We have 9.71% of the voting power in the European Parliament, despite constituting 12.74% of the EU population. (The EU has a system of degressive proportionality; back to the days of rotten boroughs!)

But we don't even have a representative in the European Commission. (And a commissioner is not a representative, despite this common misconception.)

So our representatives can't even initiate (propose) legislation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And our voting power diminishes every time the eu lets a new country join

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    One thing that really really amazes me about the fact that so many young people want to remain is that house prices are surely more likely to rise even further if we stay.
    Young people are dumb they can't see past their own noses they think house prices don't mean much to them obviously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    And our voting power diminishes every time the eu lets a new country join

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And give them relatively extra representation.

ReputationRep:
    Voted to leave cos we need to gain independence but mainly cus many people voted to remain so just wanna be different you know. stand out from the crowd man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    Not me.

But I will certainly be hoping for crisis after crisis if we vote to stay in.
    Wait what you want there to be a crisis? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    If any of you guys are still having trouble making up your minds, download this app - it's pretty decent:
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/eu-r...118653306?mt=8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Wait what you want there to be a crisis? :lol:
    Oh,make no mistake,I'm fully aware of what my comment says about me.

The fact is I have come to despise the EU.

And I have little time for those who will vote remain.

I don't understand why I feel so strongly since I have never been anti immigrant.
    Indeed I have made many posts on here that will have infuriated some anti-EU supporters.

But the fact is that I'm disgusted that millions of people in this country would vote to stay in what they should so clearly see is a corrupt,useless selfish organisation.

I'm not even sure I will even ever speak to someone who votes remain.

The only thing I can say in my defence is that obviously it doesn't matter whether I wish for crises to happen ,you'd have to be an idiot to think they won't occur anyway.

But if somehow they don't then great.

Well, not great for the millions of people in Africa who are disadvantaged by EU policy mind.

ReputationRep:
    My opinion has changed, I think I'm now supporting the Vote to Leave...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone questioned this biased piece of politicking? Why do you have to start with a previous figure, why do you have to tell people what to think before they vote and discuss? These tactics will not demoralize Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    Remain, if we leave the effect on British science will be devastating! It will literally ruin the career that I want to achieve.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, 56% of TSR wants to give our nation, we're screwed.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by 713Wave)
    Remain, if we leave the effect on British science will be devastating! It will literally ruin the career that I want to achieve.
    Hooray for project fear, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Hooray for project fear, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im struggling to understand how facts somehow = project fear.
    Secondly I've done my research and I don't my career ruined..... simple as!

ReputationRep:
    You know, there is nothing stopping a government post brexit putting much larger amounts of money into research.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Because it's a simple case of "these things that do not require EU membership will be lost if we don't have EU membership"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    You know, there is nothing stopping a government post brexit putting much larger amounts of money into research.
    I highly doubt that scientific research is on top of the current governments agenda, especially when they have made extreme cuts to it, so im staying in as last stand to stop science from collapsing in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt that scientific research is on top of the current governments agenda, especially when they have made extreme cuts to it, so im staying in as last stand to stop science from collapsing in the UK.
    It's far from collapsing as it is, we produce huge amounts of high quality research. Nothing to stop the government either changing its heart or the next one changing attitudes towards it.

I am not gonna deny the EU gives some perks to research, but it will hardly end your career if we leave.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.