Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has someone done a hitler video yet ?

I feel like doing one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomhiggins7)
    yeah i put the initial gradient as the same, but said the the acceleration would continue increasing for a longer period, and my sketch on the graph had the same initial gradient and stayed steeper than the other gradient for longer, until it reached a constant velocity, a bit higher up than the lorry without the leak.
    Didn't it say that the water will leak out during all the time shown on the graph?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerrad)
    It said you can draw ON the graph, not draw a graph haha. So I drew a dotted line between when the gradient is increasing and when the gradient is 0. Then labelled resistive force=driving force and resistive force < driving force. Hope I'm right
    Yeah i just drew another curve on the graph

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mbh16)
    Yeah i just drew another curve on the graph
    What did yours look like?

ReputationRep:
    Here are some numerical answers I got in the order they were in the exam, no idea if they are correct:

(Bear in mind I didn't have time to save the x10^x for the numbers - very rushed exam!)

361 < (moment of weight)
    no,yes,yes,no (the sound waves thing, dunno if its right)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
    Same as the first but with a slightly steeper gradient and a higher plateau after a longer time

did everyone get 3 for the number of diffraction angles? I hate those questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahmada)
    The embankment one:

R (Reaction force at embankment) = 0
    Resolve from the rock.
    Vertical force at the left much be greater than the right for the boy to stand without falling

Mass of boy = 46kg Distance to boy = 0.8
    Mass of plank = 40kg Distance to C.O.M = 1.2

46g * 0.8 = 40g * 1.2 + C
    313.6 = 361 + C
    C is negative so the boy can stand.

That's how I did it.
    If you're doing it from the bank you need the support force of the rock which would be 86g I think?

ReputationRep:
    i Think alot of people in this thread are forgetting that for the 6 mark question, The initial Acceleration at t= 0 will be the same as the one that is not leaking because the mass is the same as no water has leaked out already. I also mentioned that Force = Coefficient of friction x reaction force and that reaction force = weight so therefore the Force is dependant on the mass of the truck so the maximum frictional force will be less because of the smaller mass, this will lead to a greater velocity reached.

For the Diamond question , i said that the material which had a greater refractive index would have a smaller refractive index and therefore there is a higher probability of angle of incidence being greater than the critical angle which would lead to more total internal reflection
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    So depressed now.

ReputationRep:
    How many points was the diamond drawing? I didnt have time so skipped it

ReputationRep:
    My curve was steeper gradient, reaching terminal velocity earlier and a higher terminal velocity than the other.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 16.19.52.png
Views: 44
Size:  7.8 KB

A bit like this but then flattened it off

ReputationRep:
    Yes at the start the gradient is the same... At 0... But as soon as it leaves rhe origin the gradient will be steeper as water has leaked?

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the max vertical height in the projectile motion question?
    1.3 i think

using u=5
    a=-9.81
    v = 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WashingPowder)
    i Think alot of people in this thread are forgetting that for the 6 mark question, The initial Acceleration at t= 0 will be the same as the one that is not leaking because the mass is the same as no water has leaked out already. I also mentioned that Force = Coefficient of friction x reaction force and that reaction force = weight so therefore the Force is dependant on the mass of the truck so the maximum frictional force will be less because of the smaller mass, this will lead to a greater velocity reached.
    Yeah your correct....i out the greater velocity but didnt catch the gradient part.....you think maybe dropped 2 marks for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarkey500)
    If you're doing it from the bank you need the support force of the rock which would be 86g I think?
    I resolved from the rock so you can ignore all the forces through it,.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerrad)
    Did anyone get 2.9ms^-1 for the rocket question which means that the engine will manage to decelerate to the safe speed?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micycle)
    This is how I drew it:

Damn i did this first time but then I dooubted if the ray entered the diamond vertically or horizontally so I did it differently in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahmada)
    I resolved from the rock so you can ignore all the forces through it,.
    Oops! misread what you put! I resolved from the rock and found that he could walk without it tipping!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben_Clare)
    yes
    i messed this one up because i said that the forces were not the same and that it would not slow it down safely

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.