Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please sign this petition to lower the grade boundaries!
    https://www.change.org/p/ocr-examina...edium=copylink
    Thanks

(Original post by AnonUK21)
    Any ideas what the grade boundaries will be?

I got about 55 on that, which is terrible performance (~75%) compared to the 90ish%'s I was getting whilst doing past papers. Not sure if I just choked under pressure or if the exam was generally harder...
    (Original post by Synesthesia)
    I'd imagine it to be 50-52 imo for an A.
    It was harder than jan 11, which was 54 for an A.
    (Original post by AnonUK21)
    Thank you for the response. I really do hope you are correct
    (Original post by Synesthesia)
    Well, shots of windex are also an option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callumhowieson)
    That's pretty good I guess. do you get more UMS per mark in C3/C4 because they are harder units or not?
    Depends how tight the grade boundaries are rather than difficulty. If there's 5 marks in each grade, in Maths it'll be 2UMS per mark. If there's 6/7 (the usual case), it'll probably go like 80, 81, 83, 84, and so on. C4 can be as high as 62/72 for an A, so the boundaries tend not to be noticeably lower than the AS modules.

ReputationRep:
    so i need to get 85 UMS on this to push up my AS to an A, and looking at the unofficial mark scheme i believe i got 63/72 - think that will be 85 UMS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misunderstood06)
    so i need to get 85 UMS on this to push up my AS to an A, and looking at the unofficial mark scheme i believe i got 63/72 - think that will be 85 UMS?

Same fam but the paper wasn't really all that difficult so I predict 63 for an A. Won't be lower as all the A2 students resitting push it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swingrx)
    Please sign this petition to lower the grade boundaries!
    https://www.change.org/p/ocr-examina...edium=copylink
    The date on the petition is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smartedge)
    Same fam but the paper wasn't really all that difficult so I predict 63 for an A. Won't be lower as all the A2 students resitting push it up.
    i could see it being around 60 tbh - a lot of my friends, in A2, who resat did find it slightly more challenging than usual. just hoping to get as many UMS as possible over 80 to make it easier for me this year lmao

ReputationRep:
    annoyed that i didn't get q 8, so simple

ReputationRep:
    i could see it being around 60 tbh - a lot of my friends, in A2, who resat did find it slightly more challenging than usual. just hoping to get as many UMS as possible over 80 to make it easier for me this year lmao
    yeah im hoping all the AS students found it terrible LOL so it'll be low boundaries and 63 will be high UMS

ReputationRep:
    yeah im hoping all the AS students found it terrible LOL so it'll be low boundaries and 63 will be high UMS
    I found it terrible as well but i still managed to score 71/72 so I think most of the people will get good marks and the grade boundaries will only change a little

ReputationRep:
    annoyed that i didn't get q 8, so simple
    I did q8 as the last question because i didnt want to waste time on it as it was worded terribly but after reading it 5/6 times, I understood it and it was easy as you said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSurrealTV)
    I found it terrible as well but i still managed to score 71/72 so I think most of the people will get good marks and the grade boundaries will only change a little
    71/72 teach me plz

ReputationRep:
    your mark scheme is for OCR MEI, this thread is OCR only
    you ****ing tell him
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jarjar1717)
    Yeah I got that but we basically multiplied the powers instead of adding them.
    I just went with BIDMAS...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slothgenius)
    100% agree. June 2015 was piss easy in comparison to this years.
    exactly - this years paper was of unprecedented ****ery

ReputationRep:
    terrible but got 71/72? lol stfu what is wrong with you

ReputationRep:
    how many marks for an A?

ReputationRep:
    can someone tell me what this 201/4 business is - I do not recognise this value

ReputationRep:
    how many marks for an a?
    55/a 48/b 42/c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sknmaster)
    can someone tell me what this 201/4 business is - I do not recognise this value
    It was the y coordinate of the the normal to a curve, it was part of the question with the 20+2h

ReputationRep:
    Helpful, that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.