Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    What did you get
    √65 for the radius, so 9 for AT.

ReputationRep:
    that was ridiculously hard for a c1 paper, is there an unofficial mark scheme out yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameekc)
    that was ridiculously hard for a c1 paper, is there an unofficial mark scheme out yet?
    Yes. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4095491 Please post any questions here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timtjtim)
    Don't see why not - you used a valid method. I did the same - I thought that as A is across by 7 and up by 4 from C, B must be across by 7 and down by 4.
    Haha I did the exact same thing - even drew a diagram. But C being the midpoint does seem to be the correct method though sadly, but it'd be great if we still got 2/2 marks for it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    What was the full question were we had to find the second derivative, then prove there is is minimum point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laur a)
    can anyone remember the actual quadratic we had to factorise for that question as defo got -3/2 but cant remember the other number
    Exactly what I want to know.

(2x-3)(x+6)
    Are you sure the signs aren't the other way around?

(Original post by Crespo0008)
    I got the wrong answer for the area for the shaded region as I intergrated the y=-32x-40 instead of doing the triangle thing, will I lose all the marks?
    Ay, i did the same thing, didn't realise the whole triangle thing and got the wrong answer too. Let's hope we get even just one mark for trying? I doubt the examiners would be so kind.

(Original post by SM-)
    What was the full question were we had to find the second derivative, then prove there is is minimum point?
    Yes I'd like to know this too.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, -5/4 was the x-coordinate of Q
    okay thanks at least i did one thing right

ReputationRep:
    what was the answer for the geometric transformation ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackthornRose)
    Exactly what I want to know.

Are you sure the signs aren't the other way around?
    Don't think they are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliyaahh)
    what was the answer for the geometric transformation ?

For the mark scheme, look at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...sUdbsfoj4/edit

ReputationRep:
    Don't think they are!
    Wait, is this the one with the answers x<-3/2 and x>6?

If so, what was your working out?

Sorry about the questions and thank you for your help

ReputationRep:
    Who is going to be ready for C2?
    Oh and the people who done edexcel got it hard for C1

ReputationRep:
    Please sign this petition to lower the grade boundaries!
    https://www.change.org/p/ocr-examina...edium=copylink
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Did we had to verify a point as the maximum where we found the second derivative where x was -1.5?

ReputationRep:
    I found that the area of the triangle was 9 and I got the area under the curve as 243/12(or 20.25). So 20.25-9 would give you 11.25. Hope that helped, I can't remember the exact working out !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SM-)
    oh i think it was dy/dx= 54-3x^3-6x well I'm pretty sure it was that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darshhchiba)
    same I got root 34 because the only information that was given was the centre so how could you get root 65?!?!
    There was also a point A too... But I skimmed over this and I got root 34 too (by doing the same method as you)... But the general consensus is that it's root 65...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darshhchiba)
    same I got root 34 because the only information that was given was the centre so how could you get root 65?!?!
    You were given point A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackthornRose)
    Wait, is this the one with the answers x<-3/2 and x>6?

If so, what was your working out?

Sorry about the questions and thank you for your help
    I'm sorry, all I have are the answers here right now.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=WhiteTigerKURD;64908715]I found it alright but struggled on the question where it asked for CT and gave you AT[/QUOTE

T to the center and AT form a right angle triangle, as it is a normal to a tangent. So then you could use what you know, AT is 6 or whatever it said and the radius you know is root65 so then just had to use Pythagoras

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.