Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just did the econ1 resit today for aqa and about 20 of the multiple choice questions were recycled from old papers 😂 Ty lazy examiners

ReputationRep:
    saddening that the resit paper was easier.
    oh well thats life i suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamcat)
    saddening that the resit paper was easier.
    oh well thats life i suppose
    Easier but the grade boundary will be higher. Also only those who revised a lot of past papers will benefit

ReputationRep:
    does it matter if u did not circle lozenge for what context u answered
    also for context 2 was regulation, minimum pricing and free market relevant for cigarette market

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youreanutter)
    does it matter if u did not circle lozenge for what context u answered
    also for context 2 was regulation, minimum pricing and free market relevant for cigarette market
    no i dont think it matters too much- sooooo many people will have done the same

regulation was relevant because it was literally used in the question but minimum pricing would also be relevant. so would free market provided its to explain that it would be the best way to allocate cigarettes however it doesn't work due to the externalities of cigarettes aka market failure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielboulton)
    werent you supposed to evaluate regualtion for this question?
    It said is regulation the best policy the government should take, which is why i wrote about tax and said why that was better and worse than regulation and then i talked about the good effects of regulation but didnt get time to right all the bad things. Can i still get a highark or am i screwed?

ReputationRep:
    OMG someone please tell me I wasn't the only one to use pencil in my diagrams!!! I didn't realise the spec said to not use pencil. I'm going to lose so many marks!! 😭😭

ReputationRep:
    It said on the front of the paper you can use pencil

ReputationRep:
    As long as you didn't write with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stormyy)
    As long as you didn't write with it
    You're talking about the AS aqa one from yesterday right? Thank you!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yepppp

ReputationRep:
    Yepppp
    It said on there not to use pencil apparently. Are you sure?

ReputationRep:
    I read it twice, I'm pretty sure we could, it said diagrams must only be used for graphs

ReputationRep:
    I read it twice, I'm pretty sure we could, it said diagrams must only be used for graphs
    Wait, can you can label the axis with pencil?

ReputationRep:
    It said on the front pencil used for all drawings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karan8298)
    It said on the front pencil used for all drawings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you label the axis using pencil instead of pen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shafy97)
    Some schools don't teach that, I certainly wasn't, the examiners will probably go by the general assumption of the law of demand.
    They should have done. It's in the AS specification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Can you label the axis using pencil instead of pen?
    Bro. We have a macro exam soon and you are getting stressed over writing "quantity" with a pencil. Learn to prioritize your time. One thing I would think about is whether you wrote "quantity of cigarettes" and not just "quantity". If you diagram doesn't indicate what market you are illustrating, you will not gain full marks for the diagram (look at specimen mark scheme).

Not sure it is needed for macro though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaasi)
    Bro. We have a macro exam soon and you are getting stressed over writing "quantity" with a pencil. Learn to prioritize your time. One thing I would think about is whether you wrote "quantity of cigarettes" and not just "quantity". If you diagram doesn't indicate what market you are illustrating, you will not gain full marks for the diagram (look at specimen mark scheme).

Not sure it is needed for macro though.
    where does it say in specimen mark scheme u must indicate the market....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youreanutter)
    where does it say in specimen mark scheme u must indicate the market....
    look at the ten marker section of the markscheme.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.