Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George VI)
    The irony is strong in this one...
    You're an idiot if you think that makes me racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolatmaths)
    You're an idiot if you think that makes me racist.
    Idiots are always the quickest to call others idiots.

ReputationRep:
    Idiots are always the quickest to call others idiots.
    What?

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's racist. What does skin colour have to do with intelligence?

ReputationRep:
    What?
    You could have asked for an explanation.

It's not racist no, but racism is hatred based on generalisation, your class bias is showing in that post.

ReputationRep:
    You could have asked for an explanation.

It's not racist no, but racism is hatred based on generalisation, your class bias is showing in that post.
    You should have given one in the first place

Where have i shown hatred? You're not even disputing the statement so what's your point? Only a cuck would even be mildly offended.

ReputationRep:
    You should have given one in the first place

Where have i shown hatred? You're not even disputing the statement so what's your point? Only a cuck would even be mildly offended.
    Right... I think an explanation would be lost on you after this.

ReputationRep:
    Right... I think an explanation would be lost on you after this.
    Oh grow a pair.

Seriously, if that offended you then it makes you the ironic one since you're so against PC...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BodhiUtah)
    So I was tweeted this on Twitter and had a read and don't know what to think to be honest? I agree with a lot of it but it seems well out of order. Here's an extract of the funnish bit but check it out: http://www.citysharks.co.uk/2016/05/...le-in-banking/

Would you personally hire a black person?Possible, if they could do the job, but as soon as I hear any ghetto like language their gone. That’s why education is paramount as it irons out the poor character traits and polishes a person for a potential career in investment banking.I understand totally but most black people come from deprived backgrounds?I don’t buy into that crap you can make it wherever you’re from. If you want to kill your brain cells by listing to Beyonce and Jay Z and walk around with a knife then your damaging your own chances in life. Plenty of black people life like civilized human being’s, it’s just that black people choose to live less so. Just walk around London and your see it’s mainly always the black people that need to be avoided. Just look at the prisons, black males are just a criminal and lazy men on average.
    Not all black people speak in slang listening to rap. You dont hire the ones that do.. you hire the ones that are clearly intelligent and speaking in gangster slang is a good indicator they are not.

Most of the ones in London have probably grown up with single mum living of welfare. Not the best environment to create highly intelligent individuals but there will always be some

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvaLisa12)
    Right now youre irrelevant. Are you a banker? (Not that it matters but: Is your skin black? Are you the bankers race?) Are you a human with an opinion on the topic in discussion? If not then I dont see your relevance.
    Are you saying I'm irrelevant because I'm a different race. Ok...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr...)
    I meant why should have to work harder than others to gain respect.
    I know, but the way you worded could have been interpreted another way, it was a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    Everything I posted is perfectly in line with the topic, as it addresses what you and others have posted. You simply lack the guts to outright admit what you are. Overt racists are even more worthy of respect than you are
    Again, you are trying to tie a motive to my position, as if this would somehow automatically make my conclusion of the facts wrong..

It's naively childish to think of it as an appropriate way to address someones position that differs from yours.

And what, you think that people who don't share your opinion don't deserve respect, we shouldn't respect their right to an opinion, perhaps we shouldn't respect their right to live a normal life, maybe even criminalize them ?

Is it just racists that fall into this sphere ?

This is stereotypical behavior and completely abhorrent, be very careful though, before you know it you opinion on any given issue might make you unworthy of respect among your peers that share this mentality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Life is based on luck thats the truth of it many people will like to claim that they've got where they have from what they've done but it simply isn't true(they will claim that they worked hard and weren't lazy but even these factors are controlled by Genetics and Environment).I do believe that there is a lot of determinism in the Universe due to Genetic and Environmental factors.Its one of the reasons why Communism makes sense as its only fair everyone gets the same since how successful you are is due virtually entirely to luck.
    I disagree. It's better for all of us that some people are successful. Without them we wouldn't have the goods and services we have now. But yeah on an absolute level, there is nothing better about them that made them 'deserve' to be successful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xylas)
    I disagree. It's better for all of us that some people are successful. Without them we wouldn't have the goods and services we have now. But yeah on an absolute level, there is nothing better about them that made them 'deserve' to be successful.
    You can still be successful but just get the same amount of money, money isn't success.You don't need that much money to be happy, all the money is just going to be wasted on things you don't need.

ReputationRep:
    standard closet racist, there's many of them particularly in the upper class who try to veil it with silly logic.
    What has he said that is racist?

ReputationRep:
    Why are you white people so obsessed with us ? Do white men feel inferior to black men ? I think Han Solo does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePaul678686)
    Why are you white people so obsessed with us ? Do white men feel inferior to black men ? I think Han Solo does
    Oh snap

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banterboy)
    A few points.

You would have to admit though, that it's at least possible that blacks could be more or less intelligent than whites. Not saying they are, but it's conceivable.
    What do you mean by intelligence ?

The Yorkshire Ripper, The Unabomber, Ted Bundy were well-above-average intelligence. They would likely do well on the Stanford-Binet or Wonderlich Industrial Aptitude Test.

No doubt, virtually all the men who invented Napalm for Dow Chemical, or who killed thousands thanks to their malfeasance at Bhopal, or who have been responsible for most of the ecological damage done to the land base upon which they and others depend. They would probably do well on a IQ test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RasputinReborn)
    Oh snap

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Black man is feared because no other man on earth threatens the White man's sense of manhood like a Blackman

I go on black blogs and websites and black people don't spend a second trying to prove that white people are stupid.

Is it because the Blackman built the world’s first civilizations ?
    Is it because the Blackman is the only man to equal or surpass White men in every field of human achievement?
    Is it the Whiteman’s sexual inferiority complex they feel regarding the Black Man ?

Blackman built and ruled the civilizations in Egypt and Mesopotamia when the Whiteman was a nomadic barbarian living in caves and holes in the ground.

What is the Truth about the Pre-Columbian Blackman ?
    What are the historic origins of ‘white racism’ and the ideology of ‘white supremacy?

Black men threaten White men in a way that Asian and Arab men don't. This fear is ancient and you can trace it to its origins in the first Indo-Aryan invasions of Black civilization.

Their fear of black men is that we are seen and thought of as so physical we can hurt them, in addition, what can we do to their women ?

This comes back to the physical; the potency the strength there. That fear partly sexual goes back a long way, and that comes down to the fact that white men regard black men as better sexual performers than they are.

They don't say this publicly, but they say, 'they're so natural' and they began to wonder. 'Our women could they not be attracted to that?

Therefore all their efforts to de-man black men.

The most graphic was lynching, of course, but now they put black men in cages, called prisons, again to de-male us. they can't callus 'boy' but they still somehow can make sure black men don’t have jobs, make sure we don't threaten them in other ways.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's insecurity, as a black male myself who grew up listening to trap, garage and occasionally grime in South-East London, I always knew that someone who happens to be in a profession where it dominates in terms of ethnicity and gender to always make the first hit on the minority.

It's something I grew up with, even coming from a comprehensive in an impoverished area we still get treated like we are no-marks in society. This is an attitude that wont change, and usually being an optimist I believe that this is a deep-rooted problem in the heart of politics and society in general.

He is clearly racist, and I hope one day a black employee will actually face him and tell him what exactly he thinks of his 'white, middle-aged, upper-middle class boss'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.