Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Other than religious, what reason is there to ban homosexuality? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ActuallyIDo)
    x
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    x
    (Original post by lordoftheties)
    If what you say is true, it wouldn't be ignorance, it'd be hate. That comment was the first time I hated on gays this whole thread, and that was after somebody was being hateful towards my religion.
    Guys - let's not even entertain this utter drivel.

I am not askingfor yourpermissionto behappy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)

And yet you entertain me with three gifs and colourful text! tenks so mach frend.

ReputationRep:
    I dont wish to talk about those things. Im still interested in what this thread was actually made for. Im also too busy to go into that. Perhaps another time. Ill be tekkin a wee break from this malarkey.
    I think that this thread was created to highlight the fact that there is no logical reason to discriminate against people for being gay. It's giving people who don't like homosexual people a chance to consider the real motive for their views, and see if they can actually justify them or if they're just based on personal preference.

That was my interpretation, anyway. The OP could probably give a more accurate answer.

ReputationRep:
    And yet you entertain me with three gifs and colourful text! tenks so mach frend.
    Enjoy more gay pride gifs:

ReputationRep:

YAAASSSS!

ReputationRep:

What are these ones from?

ReputationRep:
    The guy is bigoted and hateful. I do not respect harmful views. I respect genuine opinions on both sides of the playing field.

It is not childish to say I hope he has gay kids because I want him to realise how out of line he is.

You should grow up if you can't handle that.
    If a person doesn't accept homosexuality leave it at that. It's like forcing a religion onto someone- it's not easily done and cannot be considered simply 'out of line'. You can't say to a Muslim "I hope you have Christian kids" or vice versa to make a point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by audrey_lh)
    If a person doesn't accept homosexuality leave it at that. It's like forcing a religion onto someone- it's not easily done and cannot be considered simply 'out of line'. You can't say to a Muslim "I hope you have Christian kids" or vice versa to make a point.
    For a start, don't tell me what to do. Secondly, I did. Thirdly, I can argue against the reasoning behind the viewpoint. You're not my mother.

ReputationRep:
    People believe it's just not NATURAL and men and woman were created to be together as opposites attract.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Opinions don't eat me after this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harun_farah)
    People believe it's just not NATURAL and men and woman were created to be together as opposites attract.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Opinions don't eat me after this.
    Is marriage natural? Pretty man-made concept don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Is marriage natural? Pretty man-made concept don't you think?
    In all honesty I do BELEIVE its natural because they were included in some of the first scriptures and seen casual till this very day.

ReputationRep:
    For those arguing that homosexuality does not exist in nature. It does! there are lots of species of animals that have same sex partners or engage in same sex mating. Heres a few examples! (taken from this wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homose...ior_in_animals)

Black Swans
    An estimated one quarter of black swan parings are homosexual males who steal eggs from nests! And a fun fact: more of their offspring survive into adulthood than those of different sex pairs.

Gulls
    10-15% of female western gulls exhibit homosexual behaviour.

Penguins
    Penguins have been observed to engage in homosexual behaviour since at least 1911.

Bonobos
    Bonobos have a matriarchal society and they are a fully bisexual species! Roughly 60% of all bonobo sexual activity occurs between two or more females.

Bottlenose Dolphins
    Have been studied to engage in homosexual behaviour. And it has been argued that they are also bisexual.

Elephants
    Male elephants can often be seen to form companionships with each other and live away from the rest of the herd. Same sex relations are common and asian elephants in captivity devote 45% of sexual encounters to same sex activity.

Giraffes
    Male giraffes have been observed to engage in high frequencies of homosexual behaviour. Interactions between males have been found to be more frequent than between both sexes!

Lions
    Around 8% of mountings occur between two males, but both male and female lions have been seen to interact homosexually.

Sheep
    Around 8-10% of rams have an exclusive homosexual orientation and around 18-22% of rams are bisexual.

Theres just a few examples! Click on the wikipedia page for more. So yes, homosexuality is seen frequently amongst many mammals birds, as well as lizards and insects. Although, as a homosexual myself I don't really see that nature has much to do with it, lots of the behaviour humans engage in isn't seen in nature!

ReputationRep:
    Not read through all the posts due to being so many!

Apart from Religion (still a stupid reason in itself) I would say because it is unnatural to some extent. The only reason the human race now has more than 6 billion people wondering around a rock in space is because men and women had sex throughout history. This is also true for many billions of rabbits, horses and cats too! So for the majority of species on the planet, this same pattern emerges, so to call it natural is pretty accurate.

Very primitive species must be some how programmed to mate with the opposite sex.. and they are naturally drawn together like magnets.. otherwise many species would have simply gone extinct, even in the perfect environment.

Now of course humans and some other species are able to choose who they want to be with or mate with.. and if this makes them happy then that's all that matters

ReputationRep:
    why do we care ? gay people do them, you do you (dnt know if that was meant literally)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iknowbest)

Apart from Religion (still a stupid reason in itself) I would say because it is unnatural to some extent. The only reason the human race now has more than 6 billion people wondering around a rock in space is because men and women had sex throughout history. This is also true for many billions of rabbits, horses and cats too! So for the majority of species on the planet, this same pattern emerges, so to call it natural is pretty accurate.

Very primitive species must be some how programmed to mate with the opposite sex.. and they are naturally drawn together like magnets.. otherwise many species would have simply gone extinct, even in the perfect environment.

Now of course humans and some other species are able to choose who they want to be with or mate with.. and if this makes them happy then that's all that matters
    read the last post before yours where I proved homosexuality being unnatural wrong because its 100% natural.

ReputationRep:
    Ban Homosexuality? No reason to ban it. Thats pretty backward.
    Homosexuals should not adopt children in my view however UNLESS there are no other people volunteering for a adoption - simply due to the fact that children need a father and a mother.

ivybridge Youre the reason that there are still people who hate homosexuals, since you're shoving it down their throats.

(Come at me SJW's)

ReputationRep:
    smh your ignorance amazes me. If that evidence was so strong, it wouldve been published in every academic journal etc. But its not, so it will stay there on that site rotting away.
    Again, that's just not how science works.
    How you ever read a scientific journal?

Tell me, why isn't your counter claim published in every scientific journal, then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxie501)
    Homosexuals should not adopt children in my view however UNLESS there are no other people volunteering for a adoption - simply due to the fact that children need a father and a mother.

(Come at me SJW's)
    I didn't need a father and a mother.
    On what basis do you make that claim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iknowbest)

Homosexuality is found in nature, it is then, by very definition of the word, natural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxie501)

(Come at me SJW's)
    Fun fact! In nature, homosexual male black swan pairings (which make up a quarter of black swan pairings) often steal eggs from nests, but cygnets raised by two male parents are more likely to survive into adulthood than those of different sex pairs!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.