Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsrsarahhhh)
    Same, wake up have a shower eat breakfast, wish everyone eid Mubarak. My brothers and dad go to the mosque, I used to go when I was younger but I haven't gone in a long time, this year I will inshallah. Then I get dressed, brothers and dad come home and get dressed. We either go to our cousins house, usually everyone comes to ours. Everyone brings a dish we eat, talk. Then in the evening we usually go to the cinema or for a drive.
    idk if its just the people i spoke to, but i realised how the hype about eid is actually kinda dying out. people are beginning to not care as much like before
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Exams2210)
    idk if its just the people i spoke to, but i realised how the hype about eid is actually kinda dying out. people are beginning to not care as much like before
    I guess age is a factor too with these things. I remember being much more excited about events like this - whether it was Eid, my birthday, something else - when I was much younger. But now the novelty of those things have kind of worn off, if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think as you get older eid starts to become boring

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a bit early but what does everyone usually do on eid day? It's always interesting to see what different families do on eid day.
    We usually just go to the masjid to pray (after showering and wearing nice clothes ofc) maybe stay for an hour or so to talk to friends and then we come back home and just eat biryani and that's pretty much it. When we used to have family here we used to visit them but they all left

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    I guess age is a factor too with these things. I remember being much more excited about events like this - whether it was Eid, my birthday, something else - when I was much younger. But now the novelty of those things have kind of worn off, if that makes sense.
    yep definitely, i remember like the day before i used to get so excited and even on eid day and now i just don't care. i would be happy staying home watching netflix

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think as you get older eid starts to become boring
    yeah its quite sad, the traditions are beginning to die out

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a bit early but what does everyone usually do on eid day? It's always interesting to see what different families do on eid day.
    My whole family and I go to the mosque, pray and listen to a talk. Then we go home get ready (whilst mum and dad cook a dish each). Then we go to grans where my whole fam will be with our dishes!! In the evening the children go out for dessert whilst the elders stay at grans for tea ect. Day 2 we go to the eid fair with all our friends and spend the whole day there . Day 3, count all the money i have be given 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zara0526)
    My whole family and I go to the mosque, pray and listen to a talk. Then we go home get ready (whilst mum and dad cook a dish each). Then we go to grans where my whole fam will be with our dishes!! In the evening the children go out for dessert whilst the elders stay at grans for tea ect. Day 2 we go to the eid fair with all our friends and spend the whole day there . Day 3, count all the money i have be given 😂😂
    i dont even get eid money anymore

ReputationRep:
    Wake up early, have a shower, go to mosque, family gathering. I go to each of my uncles house and collect money :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamoody)
    Great to know :yep: I'm marvelous :yep:
    Alhamdellah, not used to eating? Are you sure? :eek::poke:
    It's going great really :woo:
    Sorry for the late reply :woo:
    Haha, Yes Uncle, :yep:
    I've been fasting since a very long time now,
    so hence I'm used to it

ReputationRep:
    nah refuel myself with some cheeky Merciful Servants on youtube and PeaceTV
    You know it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeAndLennie)
    You know it!
    wbu, how do u feel about ramadan coming half way and finishing before u know it

ReputationRep:
    wbu, how do u feel about ramadan coming half way and finishing before u know it
    Sad, especially when this year I'm working and doing other things it feels like it's going way too fast :/. it's sad but again a sign you know, when the days feel like they're going way too fast.

ReputationRep:
    eat sleep rave repeat :2euk48l::banana::bban::cheers::dancing2::dance:
    Exactly! :party:

ReputationRep:
    Sad, especially when this year I'm working and doing other things it feels like it's going way too fast :/. it's sad but again a sign you know, when the days feel like they're going way too fast.
    yep, it scares me how quick the days go now, like college literally flew past and exams are coming to an end

ReputationRep:
    yep, it scares me how quick the days go now, like college literally flew past and exams are coming to an end
    Yeah exactly, it's going to go even quicker tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly, it's going to go even quicker tbh.
    qiyamah! need to perfect deen

ReputationRep:
    qiyamah! need to perfect deen
    you get meeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    How long is everyone's fast? I'm from Northern Ireland and Sehri is at 02:43ish and Iftari is at 22:07 ugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hussxni19)
    How long is everyone's fast? I'm from Northern Ireland and Sehri is at 02:43ish and Iftari is at 22:07 ugh.
    That's the same length as mine - it's just that mine is from 2:28 to 21:47

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.