Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why did God allow 50 innocent people to get murdered? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    49 innocent people surely?
    Define "innocent".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Observatory)
    If God exists then being murdered is only a mild inconvenience at most. A few minutes of pain followed by an eternity in paradise.
    Isn't it odd that so few people want to die?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    The flaw you are making is in assuming that whatever created the universe is a being, rather the more plausible theories and hypotheses about our current universe being created from things like branes, multiverses and even previous universes, none of which require powers per se or minds.

You have no hope of proving God exists by those lazy speculations, only hard evidence will suffice.
    Sorry, I forgot the key part! As you can see, the being must be timeless (as it is outside of creation), yet, as the philosophical and scientific evidence shows, the universe began a finite time ago. So, the cause is permanent, yet the effect only came into being at a seemingly random point. How is this possible? The only explanation is that the cause is not like an iron catalyst like in the Haber process, but is a mind, capable of using free will to choose when to create the universe. A mind that uses free will, is, to me at least, a being.

Lastly, even if our universe were to have come from a multiverse (though there is no scientific evidence for this - it's just a belief), what created the multiverse? And, surely, if all the individual universes in the multiverse are expanding, at some time, if you go back far enough, they were all at a single, central point, so the multiverse both seems to have a beginning (which fits the Kalam argument) as well as needing a cause of its existence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Define "innocent".
    Not deserving of being killed by a maniac

ReputationRep:
    If God exists then being murdered is only a mild inconvenience at most. A few minutes of pain followed by an eternity in paradise.
    According to Christianity not an awful lot of people are going to Heaven, so, no, being murdered is a terrible thing as it sends you prematurely to damnation. The above sentence only applies to a true Christian and even then it's still horrific

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunnysideSea)
    Sorry, I forgot the key part! As you can see, the being must be timeless (as it is outside of creation), yet, as the philosophical and scientific evidence shows, the universe began a finite time ago. So, the cause is permanent, yet the effect only came into being at a seemingly random point. How is this possible? The only explanation is that the cause is not like an iron catalyst like in the Haber process, but is a mind, capable of using free will to choose when to create the universe. A mind that uses free will, is, to me at least, a being.
    It appears you have a rather simplistic view of the universe's origins. The universe in its current form began with the Big Bang. We have no idea yet if anything came before it so you cannot even say for certain that our universe, strictly speaking, had a beginning because it may well have "originated" from some natural process that was already around.

Next, the Big Bang, as far as our definitions go, didn't appear at a certain point because before the expansion there was no space.

You are then, as before, just making a totally random and baseless claim that the catalyst must have a mind, why must it? It's just as plausible, in fact more so that what caused the expansion did not have any mind or powers whatsoever.

Lastly, even if our universe were to have come from a multiverse (though there is no scientific evidence for this - it's just a belief), what created the multiverse? And, surely, if all the individual universes in the multiverse are expanding, at some time, if you go back far enough, they were all at a single, central point, so the multiverse both seems to have a beginning (which fits the Kalam argument) as well as needing a cause of its existence
    Just like your god, the multiverse or any other phenomena, like branes, may be eternal. The point is that science isn't making any definite or rigorous claims about pre-Big Bang conditions because that field of science is still in its infancy. Theists, on the other hand, are making definitive claims but are not providing any serious evidence for them.

As explained, the Kalam argument is junk, it totally disregards quantum mechanics and makes random and illogical conclusions that are not based on any empirical evidence.

ReputationRep:
    Surely a "loving, all powerful god" would be able to send this to paradise without the mild suffering. Plus they're not the only people that suffered. Think about all their families and friends.

ReputationRep:
    Moral relativism, free will, sadism, eschatology, nonexistence

Take your pick

ReputationRep:
    Based on what holy texts I have read Allah doesn't really like gay people very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dangerous-D)
    Based on what holy texts I have read Allah doesn't really like gay people very much
    Which probably indicates he is a closet gay, unwilling to confront his true inner self. It would explain a lot of the bad behaviour he is reported as perpetrating, especially against people with sex lives he disapproves of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucabrasi98)
    Surely a "loving, all powerful god" would be able to send this to paradise without the mild suffering. Plus they're not the only people that suffered. Think about all their families and friends.
    Why? I don't see mild inconvenience as a high price to pay for eternal bliss. My mother was loving and effectively all-powerful when I was very young but that doesn't mean she never mildly inconvenienced me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amanii_ox)
    99.9% sure it was a hoax. Every single person was an actor!

What the government is doing is worse than you imagine.

posted from tsr mobile

mass shooting were fake fake fake!!!! Search it up on youtube!
    The government is trying to distract us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amanii_ox)
    mass shooting were fake fake fake!!!! Search it up on youtube!
    The government is trying to distract us!
    And I assume 9/11 was carried out by George Bush too then. Sheesh

ReputationRep:
    People who say this thing called God creates suffering to test humans etc
    Really need to look at whether they honestly believe a God would feel the need to create a species and test it... It doesn't sound like a godly plan to me or something a god would do

A god wouldn't need to test the faith of its creation because a god wouldn't have an ego to say "you need to worship me, me me me me me, and if you don't, I'll be mad, I'll put you in hell [because I'm really bhurt you don't believe in me,me me]" ... That sounds like the work of the ego, and ego is a human condition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    If he exists, why did he allow the American mass shooting to happen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is probably because he is a psychopath, some people just love to inflict hurt on innocent people, and probably why religious people need to believe in such a psychopath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunnysideSea)
    And I assume 9/11 was carried out by George Bush too then. Sheesh

wow, mindblown to the amount of people that believe the crap

This incident was staged.

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    me too.... Omniscient i can handle.
    Pedants confuse me. There are various reasons why a word may be misspelled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dozyrosie)
    It is probably because he is a psychopath, some people just love to inflict hurt on innocent people, and probably why religious people need to believe in such a psychopath.
    this is ironic... the two people in your avatar are murdering psychopaths *

ReputationRep:
    Why does god allow a society that thinks its ok to murder millions of animals everyday?

God doesn't exist. He was made up by humans to try and control other humans. Simple as that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.