Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Oh and the distinct similarity to this (Nazi propaganda film):
    I've seen the comparison to the Nazi propaganda. Quite pathetic really. The sheer number of refugees (many of which are just economic migrants) flooding into Europe is a genuine concern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    I've seen the comparison to the Nazi propaganda. Quite pathetic really. The sheer number of refugees (many of which are just economic migrants) flooding into Europe is a genuine concern.
    Yeah i think though that the poster looks really ugly to don't knows and to remainers who we want to try and swing over. Even as a firm leaver from the start, it makes me feel awkward. Should have been done in a more subtle but effective manner which has been extremely successful in the past week. I also find the killing of the labour MP just makes it look worse, especially to the general public, most of whom quickly glance over the papers.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aside from the fact that they are refugees seeking money.
    fixed that for you.

ReputationRep:
    it's good to see TSR support team doing their night shift of EU shilling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    Let's ship you off on an all expense paid trip to Libya/Syria/Somalia and see how long you fancy staying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ftw93)
    it's good to see TSR support team doing their night shift of EU shilling
    Pre-decimal?

(Edit to add: it's good to see you are able to use all the experience you've acquired about TSR since you joined the site on the 16th June)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Let's ship you off on an all expense paid trip to Libya/Syria/Somalia and see how long you fancy staying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why don't we do the same to you for Turkey and the Balkans, and when you come back ask you why you left turkey and the Balkans

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Why don't we do the same to you for Turkey and the Balkans, and when you come back ask you why you left turkey and the Balkans

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All expense paid trip to Istanbul sounds nice thanks, when do I go? First class please. You must send me a postcard from Damascus, if you keep your head long enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    All expense paid trip to Istanbul sounds nice thanks, when do I go?
    Dalaman is lovely too.

ReputationRep:
    Dalaman is lovely too.
    Can't beat the Croatian beaches at this time of year either! Little Englanders literally think we live in some sort of utopia, when in reality places like the Balkans and Turkey are incredibly beautiful and rich in culture. Oh well old Nige down at the pub has fond memories of the Empire which he can't seem to let go of so I guess the EU can jog on
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scidak)
    Can't beat the Croatian beaches at this time of year either! Little Englanders literally think we live in some sort of utopia, when in reality places like the Balkans and Turkey are incredibly beautiful and rich in culture. Oh well old Nige down at the pub has fond memories of the Empire which he can't seem to let go of so I guess the EU can jog on
    And conveniently forget that Boris's great grandpa was a highly significant Turk, and his family changed their surname from Kemal to Johnson...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scidak)
    Oh, well, if they're nice, pretty places then clearly we need to have a political union with them.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Oh, well, if they're nice, pretty places then clearly we need to have a political union with them.
    We already do. Croatia joined the EU in 2013. Is the population of Zagreb now living next door to you? No.

ReputationRep:
    We already do. Croatia joined the EU in 2013. Is the population of Zagreb now living next door to you? No.
    How do you know who lives next door to me?

My point was that all this talk of how nice continental landscapes and architecture and culture and people are is, whilst very pleasant and mostly true, no argument at all in favour of political unification with continental States.

I've noticed many in the Remain camp develop a habit of making soppy statements about Europe and then saying that we should Remain in the EU, without ever bothering to draw a logical nexus between those two statements. It's a very irritating distraction from real debate.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:

My point was that all this talk of how nice continental landscapes and architecture and culture and people are is, whilst very pleasant and mostly true, no argument at all in favour of political unification with continental States.

I've noticed many in the Remain camp develop a habit of making soppy statements about Europe and then saying that we should Remain in the EU, without ever bothering to draw a logical nexus between those two statements. It's a very irritating distraction from real debate.
    I don't. But I bet you €1 it's not the population of Zagreb.

ReputationRep:
    I don't. But I bet you €1 it's not the population of Zagreb.
    I live in Zaprešić. How are you going to transfer me my euro?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    I live in Zaprešić. How are you going to transfer me my euro?
    Paypal?

ReputationRep:

Eurosceptic from Croatia. Did not know such people exists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    Yes, the more likely Leave goes through, the more turbulent the markets are becoming and the more evident the economic impact is going to be. Over £110bn wiped off the Uk markets alone over the past week when Remain odds have shortened from 70% to 57%, and the markets starting to tank.

Still who cares right.... right?
    When the value of the pound drops overnight they'll understand... too bad it will be too late

ReputationRep:
    Aside from the fact that they are refugees seeking humanity and assistance.

Oh and the distinct similarity to this (Nazi propaganda film):
    Very bad comparison. The people from back than were not moving 10+ secure countries to join a destination and in most cases they were fleeing in safer parts of the countries where they already live.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.