Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Himani Vadhia)
    thats what i got!!!!!!!
    You went wrong with the 0.8 bit. That was the mass of fuel burnt when you are ment to use 50 which was the mass of the water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmemon123)
    For the titration question , i said to put the alkali in the burette and acid in the flask does it make a difference?
    Same and everyone is telling me it's wrong but I don't see why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    It shouldn't matter, the method is still the same.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah for everyone wondering, the 0.8g wasn't meant to be used at all.
    AQA included it as a sort of 'trick' to see if you knew what mass you were actually meant to use instead of plugging all of the values into the equation
    If you did use 0.8g though, you should still get 1 mark from what I have seen in past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YAY GCSE)
    You went wrong with the 0.8 bit. That was the mass of fuel burnt when you are ment to use 50 which was the mass of the water.
    oh

ReputationRep:
    Yeah for everyone wondering, the 0.8g wasn't meant to be used at all.
    AQA included it as a sort of 'trick' to see if you knew what mass you were actually meant to use instead of plugging all of the values into the equation
    If you did use 0.8g though, you should still get 1 mark from what I have seen in past papers
    Yep, the 0.8g is also included so you can calculate the mass per 1g burned which is on most past papers, but they didn't include that in this paper for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhundo)
    Yep, the 0.8g is also included so you can calculate the mass per 1g burned which is on most past papers, but they didn't include that in this paper for some reason.
    It's annoying! I was getting ready to calculate kJ/g, kJ/mol etc because the maths bits in chem are the best :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhundo)
    That's probably what threw me off, normally you would convert it to 1g and if you had done it wrong you would realise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harry9s)
    It shouldn't matter, the method is still the same.
    peak, this makes me feel better
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and yeah, either way I guess you are basically mixing the two until it becomes neutral so it makes sense for the values to be the same

ReputationRep:
    The answer with the lowest boiling point was F, because think about it, fluorine is a gas a room temperature and rubidium is not, therefore F has the lowest boiling point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milolj)
    Will you lose a mark for saying 1623 rather than -1623?
    That wasn't the answer, but on past papers they tend to ignore any signs given anyway so wouldn't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    For specific heat capacity, I got 3444J. And some people said it was F for that and some Rb - not sure which one was right
    F has the lowest boiling point because it's a gas at room temp

ReputationRep:
    The bond energies question had to have an answer of positive integers given that the following question stated that the reaction was endothermic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123Kady)
    The bond energies question had to have an answer of positive integers given that the following question stated that the reaction was endothermic
    The following question stated that it was exothermic. Plus, the reaction was a combustion reaction so it has to be exothermic.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, why am i the only dumbass that got -2009 fort the bond energy :')

ReputationRep:
    Did everyone find unit 3 harder than Unit 2 or was it just me?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    oh Maybe it was something with your calculator...? I stored the values that I got in letters and then minused the letters away from each other :/
    @starstudent7 got 2 thousand ish too... 😯

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milolj)
    Will you lose a mark for saying 1623 rather than -1623?
    yeh unfortunately. negative numbers show exoteric reactions, positive numbers show endothermic.

ReputationRep:
    as long as you explain it right it'll be fine. the indicator was added to the solution in the flask (alkaline = pink, acid = clear) so as long as you said it the right way round it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer to the first question where you had to fill in the gaps?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.