Ask the Speaker II

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Saracen's Fez - Given a number of MPs and MP Proxies lack of ability to check whether they should vote or not depending on when they're proxying, will you be requesting a list of voters for the amendments to confirm duplicate votes are removed?
    I will do so if it is at all close, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Hansards are updated for July.

ReputationRep:
    Mr. Speaker, could we have a round of PMQ tomorrow, please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    That can be arranged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    It seems the only way to get a PMQs round out of you guys is a VoNC.

Tbh I think what the House is aching for right now is some DPMQs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)

I don't consider it that important since anyone can ask anything at any time in the Ask Her Majesty's Government thread and the last one was over pretty quickly. We've recently managed to defeat the VoNC which appears to be a major-enough event to warrant PMQ.

I don't mind sharing the floor but Petros is on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)

It's best I do one when I'm back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would you please add me to the CC usergroup? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    At what time can we expect an exit poll?

ReputationRep:
    Would you please add me to the CC usergroup? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    At what time can we expect an exit poll?
    This evening I would imagine once voting closes.

ReputationRep:
    Why isn't the voting record updated anymore?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Why isn't the voting record updated anymore?
    Something went wrong with the Google Drive file. I've created a new sharing link and it should now work again.

ReputationRep:
    I have noticed Saoirse's bill has been removed for what I think is a moderation issue, when UKIP posted something that was a moderation issue by insulting a member of the MHoC, UKIP received a sanction, will Saoirse receive a sanction for writing something offensive to a group of individuals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I have noticed Saoirse's bill has been removed for what I think is a moderation issue, when UKIP posted something that was a moderation issue by insulting a member of the MHoC, UKIP received a sanction, will Saoirse receive a sanction for writing something offensive to a group of individuals?
    When the CT raise a moderation issue with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    When the CT raise a moderation issue with me.
    The CT did not have to raise an issue with Brichington for Birchington to decide a sanction should be decided.

ReputationRep:
    The CT did not have to raise an issue with Brichington for Birchington to decide a sanction should be decided.
    I do not feel that the two incidents are in any way comparable.

ReputationRep:
    I do not feel that the two incidents are in any way comparable.
    But they are comparable, both incidents involved legislation being submitted which insulted a member of the MHoC. The CT may not have raised the moderation issue with you, however, that is expected because you are not part of the Community Team, nor does the Speaker have a right to know about moderating decisions in the MHoC, knowing the CT have removed the bill is evidence the bill was offensive.

ReputationRep:
    But they are comparable, both incidents involved legislation being submitted which insulted a member of the MHoC. The CT may not have raised the moderation issue with you, however, that is expected because you are not part of the Community Team, nor does the Speaker have a right to know about moderating decisions in the MHoC, knowing the CT have removed the bill is evidence the bill was offensive.
    Or alternatively the CT have been in contact about why they removed the bill and I see no need to take further action.

ReputationRep:
    Or alternatively the CT have been in contact about why they removed the bill and I see no need to take further action.
    You first said the CT have no been in contact; you have admitted to lying to the MHoC which is worse. You do not need the CT to take action, the bill intentionally offended a lot of members in the MHoC which was the reason Birchington gave for punishing UKIP. It is unfair one member is allowed to purposefully offend many members of the MHoC, but another group of members are not allowed to: your decision is unfair.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.