The Official TSR Fantasy Football Premier League 2016/17

Announcements Posted on
Calling all anime fans! Don't miss the midnight Secret Santa deadline! 04-12-2016
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Think i'm going to take Gray out for Negredo, have a feeling he's going to be that one cheap forward who just goes on banging in the goals.

Also, last year i waited for Deeney to get going and that completely plundered my team value, so maybe I'll switch back to Gray once he scores a couple.

ReputationRep:
    worst start I have had in any of my 3 seasons doing this.

Ah well, only 1 week, some clear problems in my team, but no panic this time around, just slow changes

need to ditch a spurs attacker, so will probably get on the bandwagon and swap ericksen for courtinho before he rises

ReputationRep:
    4 point hit already.

I don't much like the look of the striker situation so I switched Vardy out for 4.5m striker Diamande and upped my 5.5m midfielder for Mahrez. Happier with a potentially dodgy striker on my bench and a penalty taker in first 11 midfield.

Leaves me 3m and plenty of options to play next week and hopefully have reshaped my team at a -8 and save the WC

There's so many potentially excellent looking full-backs, who wont get rotated, that i'm thinking with big strikers like Kane and Vardy both playing for teams with Champions League commitments, this could really be the season to play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 with a huge defence, midfield, Aguero and a second choice like Deeney or Defoe

ReputationRep:
    Feel like I already messed up my team so badly 3 subs on the bench with 0 points, Fischer starting 11 didnt play, Oscar and Firminho did nothing. Only my 3 strikers+ azpi performed well :/

ReputationRep:
    Top of the league, started better than last year. Probably will swap out Mahrez for a Liverpool mid this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Coutinho already set to price rise :lol:
    Quality player but you need to time it right with him.

Yeah he'll score 2 goals against Arsenal, but then he'll blank for 5 games - all the while Firmino gets a goal or assist every match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luhar)
    Top of the league, started better than last year. Probably will swap out Mahrez for a Liverpool mid this week.
    Be careful with Liverpool players - without Europe we have a lot of midfielders and I can see us rotating a great deal, especially when Sturridge returns.

Mané is expensive but a very good option.

ReputationRep:
    61 points , decent start and all 3 of my strikers scored. Only surprise was Fabregas not playing, but since Lamela was my first sub that actually helped tbh . Done a straight swap of Fabregas for Lallana for next week though.

ReputationRep:
    Decent enough start with 74 points. No-one in my defence kept a clean sheet but Walker managed to bag an assist. My midfield all got 9s or 10s bar Tadic (which I might look to swap for a Liverpool midfielder, Firmino?, if his play is still hindered by new formation). Benched Foster when he got 10 points ffs.

Probably going to leave as is for GW2.

(Original post by Luhar)
    Beat me by a point ffs :emo:

(Original post by Lúcio)
    Be careful with Liverpool players - without Europe we have a lot of midfielders and I can see us rotating a great deal, especially when Sturridge returns.

Mané is expensive but a very good option.
    Still worried about his consistency tbh. When he was with us you'd get 10 or so amazing performances during the season, but in the rest of the matches he would be rather anonymous. If Klopp can get rid of that trait he'll be on fire this season. £9m seems rather expensive to me when the league has only just started.

ReputationRep:
    from 20 points to 57 within 1 game. Wow

ReputationRep:
    Mahrez or Martial? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    4 point hit already.

I don't much like the look of the striker situation so I switched Vardy out for 4.5m striker Diamande and upped my 5.5m midfielder for Mahrez. Happier with a potentially dodgy striker on my bench and a penalty taker in first 11 midfield.

Leaves me 3m and plenty of options to play next week and hopefully have reshaped my team at a -8 and save the WC

There's so many potentially excellent looking full-backs, who wont get rotated, that i'm thinking with big strikers like Kane and Vardy both playing for teams with Champions League commitments, this could really be the season to play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 with a huge defence, midfield, Aguero and a second choice like Deeney or Defoe
    I went for Valencia, Stones, Baines and Terry and got 2's across the board. I like the idea of a good defence but not many people seem to go with it as so many value defenders come along.

Other disappointments were Firmino and Tadic. Tadic is such ridiculous value though so he's hard to get rid of. Annoyingly I dropped Redmond and Lamela so feel a bit stupid, but Tadic to Lamela seems sensible. If Firmino is outperformed again (seems to be an issue because Liverpool will score a lot) then I'll switch to Coutinho or Mane.*

ReputationRep:
    Yes that's right, Aguero, miss those penalties in CL so you can score in PL [Aguero's missed both penalties for those ain't watching]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Yes that's right, Aguero, miss those penalties in CL so you can score in PL [Aguero's missed both penalties for those ain't watching]
    He's missed 2 penalties in a match??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    He's missed 2 penalties in a match??!
    1 saved and 1 over, all in 20 mins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    1 saved and 1 over, all in 20 mins.
    Wow....

Well as long as he's scoring them in the league!
    If you have Aguero, you can't justify not captaining him because he'll just score a brace no matter who the opponent.

He'll blank against Burnley and back a hattrick against Spurs - his ridiculous quality is too unpredictable to second guess.

ReputationRep:
    If Aguero replicates this in the Prem then I may have to swap him in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    If Aguero replicates this in the Prem then I may have to swap him in
    Misses 2 pens, scores a hattrick anyway....

Aguero pls

ReputationRep:
    Don't think the captains armband will be leaving Aguero anytime soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Don't think the captains armband will be leaving Aguero anytime soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He can't be missing pens though because any negative points are multiplied by 2!!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.