Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    She has a website? Oh do share the link, please!:p: :ditto: Lily Cole if she has her own website too! Better not be Myspace though :nn:...
    I've seen a few unofficial Lily Cole sites. She's really striking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    She has a website? Oh do share the link, please!:p: :ditto: Lily Cole if she has her own website too! Better not be Myspace though :nn:...
    Hi, sure it's http://www.emmawatsonofficial.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danfel)
    I've seen a few unofficial Lily Cole sites. She's really striking.
    Striking in what sense?

Some time last year, one of the shops in Cambridge used a Lily Cole poster/card board thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Striking in what sense?

Some time last year, one of the shops in Cambridge used a Lily Cole poster/card board thing.
    She was the face/model for Monsoon Accessorize around that time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Striking in what sense?

Aesthetically. I think she has such an unconventional appeal - red hair/porcelain skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danfel)
    Aesthetically. I think she has such an unconventional appeal - red hair/porcelain skin.
    Well... she is on this website called porcelain beauty or something. Not that I'm a big fan... I like straight black shiny hairs better.

ReputationRep:
    Which college is she going for? (Apologies if I've missed it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calcium878)
    Which college is she going for? (Apologies if I've missed it).
    In my opinion she'd be rather foolish to divulge this information

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miltonkeynes)
    In my opinion she'd be rather foolish to divulge this information
    Oh so we don't know. Meh, she may aswell after the deadline next week.

ReputationRep:
    Oh so we don't know. Meh, she may aswell after the deadline next week.
    Even so, what if people stalk her around interview time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miltonkeynes)
    Even so, what if people stalk her around interview time?
    I dunno...she seems to like the attention usually. There won't be press inside the college where she's staying anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno...she seems to like the attention usually. There won't be press inside the college where she's staying anyway.
    Does that mean she'll just the Assassins Guild then?

ReputationRep:
    Probably Trinity anyways. Celebrities go for fame, Trinity is the most famous of all colleges.

ReputationRep:
    King's, as far as I know.

ReputationRep:
    I think that the fact that she does acting all the time and can still achieve the grades is a credit to her not a criticism. Just because she's famous and will be doing acting all the time doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a quality education. Besides, she's not going to be able to act all the time for all of her life surely, you never know after the Harry Potter films are finshed she might have trouble getting work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty123)
    I think that the fact that she does acting all the time and can still achieve the grades is a credit to her not a criticism. Just because she's famous and will be doing acting all the time doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a quality education. Besides, she's not going to be able to act all the time for all of her life surely, you never know after the Harry Potter films are finshed she might have trouble getting work!
    To be fair, A'level is a doddle at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewi)
    King's, as far as I know.
    I might be her college parent then...

wait, doesn't that make me a muggle?

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty123)
    Actually, Cambridge is looking for the ones that would benefit most from the education they provide. And if she has already made up her mind about acting, she will not benefit as much from Cambridge as someone that wants to become an academic would.

Anyway, it's not for us to decide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickkO)
    Actually, Cambridge is looking for the ones that would benefit most from the education they provide. And if she has already made up her mind about acting, she will not benefit as much from Cambridge as someone that wants to become an academic would.

Anyway, it's not for us to decide.
    When they talk about the benefit, I am fairly sure they are talking about intellectual, rather than material, benefit. What a student does once they leave is of absolutely no consequence to the admissions tutors. I don't think more than 10% of the people I've met at Cambridge know what they want to do when they grow up, so it'd be surprising if it made even the remotest difference when deciding to give someone an offer.

ReputationRep:
    She probably will get in. Being an actor she's going to be eloquent. The admissions tutor is also likely to have seen her work, and if he's got a good impression in his head it's hardly going to hurt, is it? Overall she's also just got some damn fine... grades () and being able to have a successful film career as well as academic career is certainly going to look good.

Good luck to her

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.