Which GCSE subject can you not wait to ditch? [golden thread]

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Definitely English Language and Geography

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have to do an exam on it but I'm so glad that I don't have to do PE anymore

ReputationRep:
    English!!

Generally just glad to not be doing essay subjects anymore, worst kind of homework! (Although I am still doing EPQ...)

ReputationRep:
    Science!

ReputationRep:
    Art & Design. I thought it would be a fun subject to study at GCSE but it has taken over my social life.
    (Original post by shooks)
    Maybe the best thing about finishing your GCSEs is that, from now on, you get to study whatever you want.

No longer will you have to sit through lessons of subjects you hate, or revise folders full of stuff you can't stand.

But which is the GCSE you're most thrilled to never think of again?

This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 26 August 2016 to be in with a chance of winning an iPad air 2

Other golden threads:

ReputationRep:
    I cannot wait to ditch English ! 100% hate English !

ReputationRep:
    I've done my GCSEs, 2-3 years ago, but the one that I could wait to drop was DT. This was because my teacher left before she taught us any Exam material, and the school didn't find anyone to replace her, so I had to learn everything by myself. If I got stuck (which happened multiple times) I had no one to go to for help.

The one that I miss is maths, I don't do maths but I regret it so much *cries*

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly GCSE, but in high school I couldn't wait to get rid of the literature. We had bad luck at teachers, and we were given to read books I wouldn't like I will miss latin and french

ReputationRep:
    Religious Education!!!!! I didn't do that bad but I'm sooooooooo happy i can forget about it!

ReputationRep:
    I cannot wait to drop Maths As a dyslexic feggot, I struggled with maths for ages. Finally got a good grade (A*), and I can get rid of it. Now that it's been replaced with Economics, I am ready for the real world applications.

ReputationRep:
    History! 😂

ReputationRep:
    Alll the sciences!!! And a special mention to French, I hated you and I've been doing you since Year 7 :/ Thank God for Spanish

ReputationRep:
    English.

There was nothing more boring than a English lesson in this past year. Reading boring books and going over long keywords were the worst. What was really annoying was when i had 2 english lessons in one day. I remember how the teacher put "has a genuine interest in this subject" on my report card ahah. I don't know what she was seeing but it wasn't the right thing lol.

ReputationRep:
    English both language and literature just because my coursework ranged from A*-D whilst I'll still managed a B overall 😅😅

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science
    English Lit & Lang
    Resistant Materials x

ReputationRep:
    Latin!! Every day, every way, LATIN!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    English LangFrench

ReputationRep:
    English lit and lang
    teacher: what is Shakespeare trying to say/implying/hidden meaning?
    me: he is trying to say what is on the page!!!!

ReputationRep:
    English language, French, history, business studies

ReputationRep:
    SPANISH!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.