A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewmoody98)
    anyone do aqa as geography here? what did you get in GEOG 2?
    I got a B as I found that one a bit harder. What did you get?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is getting As on this forum lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lockton)
    I got a B as I found that one a bit harder. What did you get?
    i got 53/60 so an A but I thought i would've done better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewmoody98)
    anyone do aqa as geography here? what did you get in GEOG 2?
    Got 50/50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonametosee)
    I did absolutely ****.
    Maths - 575/600 A*
    Chemistry - 135/140 A
    Physics - 98/140 A [This is the one I'm most mugged off about] Can't even get an A* prediction now.
    My life is over. Absolutely terrible results.
    **** off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edtw)
    Got 50/50.
    nice, well done! how did you do in GEOG 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    Maths A*
    Further Maths A*
    Chemistry A*
    Physics A*
    Awesome! Same subjects I’m doing next year for AS. What are some of your revision techniques?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kp0pfan21)
    I'm in the same boat as you for History ;-; I don't even understand what happened, I thought I would at least get a B but I got a C instead. Do you think there is any point in getting it remarked? Is History a subjective subject?
    I'd say so here as it's the first year of this new spec, and the mark scheme from what I've seen is kinda vague. And it's an essay-based subject, not an "exact answer" subject like Maths for example.

I've heard about the new remark system and I reckon it's worth a try - if a) you're really close to the grade boundary or b) you think that there must have been a mistake in the marking (both of which have happened with me) so there's a chance of you getting the grade changed under the new system. You can tell how close you were to the grade boundary by asking your school, who wil tell you how many marks you got for each paper.

(Original post by ~Cerridwen~)
    I do the new edexcel english and history AS levels. I was predicted B's in both and got C's in both, however i was very surprised because i did minimal revision for history and thought id really messed it up but actually managed to pass! Well done on your grades, they may not be as high as you wanted but theyre still very impressive and you should be proud of yourself.
    (Original post by manningA15)
    Aww you still did really well though! You can always improve for A2 and there's a chance you'll still get predicted the grades you need anyway :console:
    ...Thank you guys That's really kind of you...

ReputationRep:
    Results AQA Maths: Predicted A / Achieved B (overall B in AS and this year got acd giving me a B overall)(I retook c2 so I actually have an AS of A.Edexcel economics : Predicted B/ Achieved BAQA ICT: Predicted B / Achieved E Comments and reactions Only thing I'm disappointed with is maths, but I did further maths AS last year so hopefully I'll be able to change S2 with D1 boosting my overall grade to an A.Even though I did terribly in ICT, I'm not surprised. Spent then ì whole year where the only thing we did in lesson was type up the text book and my coursework got graded as an A and I actually got a C in it. Happy with economics as I got 105 ums in unit 4. Future ambitions I actauuly started working in an accountants four days after my last exam, and after my probationary period, I'm going on to do my ATT qualification and then i hope to become chartered.

ReputationRep:
    Religious studies - A
    Biology - B
    Chemistry - D
    Maths - D

so disappointed with maths....spent my life on it and got D -_-

ReputationRep:
    AS Results:
    Maths (Edexcel): A
    Bio (OCR): A
    Chem (OCR): A
    Spanish (AQA): A

We didn't really have official predicted grades but I think they were the same??

My Goal:
    I plan on applying for Veterinary Medicine at Surrey, RVC, Notts and Cambridge (???? still doubting my capability so we shall see!) For Camb, do we need 95%+ UMS in all of our modules? I hope not!

Comments:
    Super surprised. Can't believe I got an A in my Mechanics module, seeing that before exams I got 36% (U) in my mock exam... haha. Worked my butt off for M1 though.
    Also speechless that I got full UMS in my Spanish Oral! I literally was about to start speaking English halfway through. I said, "Yeah..." and then stopped myself and, luckily, I don't think he heard! Had some real weird questions as well and poor answers on my part! Haha.

It's weird. I was happy when I got my results for like a minute but afterwards I just felt and still do feel kind of meh. Like I don't really feel anything. Maybe because I don't believe it's real... Plus today was just one of the days when I just was NOT feeling myself, lol.
    I couldn't breathe when I got the envelope and I was shaking so bad... Results day is such a weird day.

Congrats to everyone (loads of As I'm seeing here!) and for those who didn't get what they hoped for, remember that these results are not the be all end all, even if it feels that way. Hugs to everyone!

Anyone celebrating? I celebrated by making a red velvet deep dish brownie with red velvet oreos and stuffed my face lol. Yum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    **** off
    what grades did u get?

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried that my B in English Language (got an A* at GCSE) will hinder my chance to get into Oxford to study medicine. I'm dropping this next year. My other AS grades were A, A, A.
    I also have an A'level in maths (A*) and further maths (A*) as I did these two years early. I have been told that those don't count now, which seems very odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kp0pfan21)
    I'm in the same boat as you for History ;-; I don't even understand what happened, I thought I would at least get a B but I got a C instead. Do you think there is any point in getting it remarked? Is History a subjective subject?
    Exactly the same for me (did AQA Option CO) was expecting a B at least and got a C. Totally distraught and so confused as I thought I'd done well.

ReputationRep:
    AS Results:
    Biology (AQA) - A
    Maths (Edexcel) - A (overall grade for whole A-Level because of fast-track)
    Fine Art (Edexcel) - B
    English Lit (OCR) - A

Comments:
    Generally happy but I'm also super confused about this whole thing. So I know the English doesn't exactly count because you get all your marks for your final grade in Year 13, right? But how does it work for Edexcel art? Will this year's marks be combined or averaged with next year's in some way? Would there be any way to get an A* in A2 if I got 95 marks this year? To be honest, I was quietly confident that I would easily get an A so I don't know what even happened. I've tried to research this stuff and it's probably just me being dumb, but none of the exam board websites make any sense to me.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help shed some light on this!

ReputationRep:
    CDEE
    Law- C
    Chemistry- D
    Biology- E
    History - E
    I expected:
    Law - C
    Chemistry- C
    History - C
    Biology- E
    Very very disappointed and don't know where to go from here

ReputationRep:
    I did psychology (AQA), biology (edexcel) and sociology (AQA)

Wanted : ABB
    Expected: AAC
    Achieved ACC (In P B S Respectively)

ReputationRep:
    AS level Results:

Chemistry - A
    Biology - A
    Physics - A
    Maths - A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shsidk)
    For Camb, do we need 95%+ UMS in all of our modules? I hope not!
    Nope. Well done though.

ReputationRep:
    I got CCC dunno if thats good or not 😂😂😂

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.