The Current Year 11 Thread Mark I (2016-2017)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I'm too late but my name is Simone
    I don't really have any hobbies these days other than Netflix
    I am doing 11 GCSE's
    I just sat my statistic one got an A
    Not bad for a course I learnt in a term

I am doing English language and literature, Spanish, RE, Maths, Tripple science, history and Music.

My AQA exams are English and triple science
    My OCR exams are history and music
    My Edexcel exams are maths, statistics and RE
    I'm not sure what my Spanish one is

If anyone could help my with GCSE Music it would be much appreciated.

Xox

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simonexoxo)
    I am doing 11 GCSE's

I am doing English language and literature, Spanish, RE, Maths, Tripple science, history and Music.

Xox

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I forgot to mention that for English I do:

Jekyll and Hyde
    Macbeth
    Inspector calls
    Love and relationship poems

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepewds_)
    Hi guys! Hope you're all doing well.
    Just out of interest, where's everyone up to with their notes for their subjects? As in the final ones? I'm nowhere near finished and I just wanted to know whether anyone else is in the same position. Honestly I don't think it'll help me to finish and finalise all my notes now, since it's easier for me to do it a fortnight or so before the exam. But the problem is that the exams are so close together next year... Has anyone got a solution for this?

I'm nowhere near finish too, don't worry. That's why tomorrow I'm going to the library for the day so I'm away from distractions and get a lot done, because I don't want to be worrying and stressing too much in y11

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Jekyll and Hyde
    Macbeth
    Inspector calls

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Simone,

No, you're not too late to join the chat. I'm actually studying the same texts for English. When do you start school or have you already started?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissChameleon)
    Hi Simone,

No, you're not too late to join the chat. I'm actually studying the same texts for English. When do you start school or have you already started?
    Hi MissChameleon I actually start school on the 7th September. By the way do you have any tips on studying the poems because that is probably my weakest point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi MissChameleon I actually start school on the 7th September. By the way do you have any tips on studying the poems because that is probably my weakest point

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I start on the 5th . I recommend annotating all your poems if you haven't done so already. You can search online for poem analysis' to assist you. I find this helps to understand the poems. Try finding links, similarities and differences between the relationship poems such as common themes and practice annotating unseen poems since this is definitely going to come up in the exams.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone out there doing OCR business studies?

ReputationRep:
    I am doing 11 GCSE's

Xox

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm doing OCR music, I'd be happy to help if you're stuck at all.

A great website for revision is

http://www.gcse-music.co.uk/

Have you done any coursework? How's it gone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikerio)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks I'll give that website a try in the morning. My coursework is going alright, I feel it could go better, all my pieces are a b- but my music teachers proper harsh but I want comfortable A's so I need to revisit my pieces when I go back to school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissChameleon)
    I start on the 5th . I recommend annotating all your poems if you haven't done so already. You can search online for poem analysis' to assist you. I find this helps to understand the poems. Try finding links, similarities and differences between the relationship poems such as common themes and practice annotating unseen poems since this is definitely going to come up in the exams.
    Thanks I've annotated them however, I find when I look at the original poem my mind just goes blanc and I can't remember half of my annotations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heya xx I'm Patricia and I start year 11 in a couple of days. I do GCSE maths, English language, English literature, geography, triple science, Spanish, RE. I was wondering if anyone knew any good apps for revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patriciaanne)
    Heya xx I'm Patricia and I start year 11 in a couple of days. I do GCSE maths, English language, English literature, geography, triple science, Spanish, RE. I was wondering if anyone knew any good apps for revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Patricia, I use gojimo (only in the App Store I think, get revising, GCSEpod, memrise (for Spanish) and Google in general

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Jekyll and Hyde
    Macbeth
    Inspector calls

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i do an inspector calls too!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, I'm doing AQA music. What do you have to do in OCR coursework? We have to do a group and solo performance, and then a classical composition, as well as a composition of our choice. What do you play in music?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bjt1882)
    Hi, I'm doing AQA music. What do you have to do in OCR coursework? We have to do a group and solo performance, and then a classical composition, as well as a composition of our choice. What do you play in music?
    Hi

It's quite similar really, we have 2 compositions, a solo performance, an ensemble performance and a written commentary about the solo performance and first composition.

We have a listening exam and composition exam as well

I play the piano, violin and bass. I'm looking to start guitar as well, it looks vvvvvvvvv fun

How's your coursework going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bjt1882)
    I do AQA Music, i find theory hard!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm Alyaapenguin, i will be doing 24 exams this year and i'm kinda freaking out
    I study:
    Maths
    English lang.
    English Lit.
    German
    Geography
    Religious studies
    Computer Science
    Economics
    Additional Science
    Further Additional science

I guess my favorite subject is maths, because i enjoy it and i'm confident in it, but with the new spec it's getting pretty worrying.
    Yet English is probably a no chance for me! There's too much to memorise and i feel as though 4 exams with a lot to remember for is too draining and that's a disadvantage to me because i have 20 other exams to do.

For A-Levels, i want to go into my school's sixth form and study: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, German and Biology.
    I don't exactly know what career i'll head into, but i know that these are the subjects i am willing to do and enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alyaapenguin)
    Hey, I'm Alyaapenguin, i will be doing 24 exams this year and i'm kinda freaking out
    I study:
    Maths
    English lang.
    English Lit.
    German
    Geography
    Religious studies
    Computer Science
    Economics
    Additional Science
    Further Additional science

I guess my favorite subject is maths, because i enjoy it and i'm confident in it, but with the new spec it's getting pretty worrying.
    Yet English is probably a no chance for me! There's too much to memorise and i feel as though 4 exams with a lot to remember for is too draining and that's a disadvantage to me because i have 20 other exams to do.

For A-Levels, i want to go into my school's sixth form and study: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, German and Biology.
    I don't exactly know what career i'll head into, but i know that these are the subjects i am willing to do and enjoy.
    I know exactly how you feel I have around 24 exams and maths was my strongest but I'm not really sure with this new specification, and I've never been too good with English.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel I have around 24 exams and maths was my strongest but I'm not really sure with this new specification, and I've never been too good with English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    im not good at english or maths either but I should be ok if I keep revising hard enough and good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hi

It's quite similar really, we have 2 compositions, a solo performance, an ensemble performance and a written commentary about the solo performance and first composition.

We have a listening exam and composition exam as well

I play the piano, violin and bass. I'm looking to start guitar as well, it looks vvvvvvvvv fun

How's your coursework going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow that's a lot
    I play guitar, it's great yeah. I'd like to start playing a bit of bass as well, but I'm pretty poor atm tbh xD

Meh, performance is easy for me as I've been playing for nearly a decade now xD, but I find the composition quite hard as I'm not that creative really tbh

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.