Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think I've had enough reading Economist's posts

- He probably thinks Carragher didn't deserve to have a proper chance in the England starting 11
    - And he sees no change in Pennant's form since arriving at Liverpool (everyone else who actually watches football has), and so, laughed at the idea that Pennant will be good enough to play for England

But most importantly, he thinks Liverpool are a one-man team. All the above based on what I've read of his posts.

Wehey for credibility! ;w00t;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    The fact that we wouldnt be here today if people had said **** England in the past. They have nothing to do with how it was created, but you would expect them to feel a sense of unity with fellow Englishmen and take pride in representing them
    You're comparing football with war? How tragic. And as for games at rightback - erm brilliant. He's a defensive defender, proper old school. He gets slated for playing rightback for England because he doesn't get forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    That gives you the advantage to say what you like as you've no player to get defensive over
    True but ive got great respect for all the english players, however much my Arsenal support suggests I shouldnt. Im more than happy to criticise Arsenal players when they cheat or do something out of line.

ReputationRep:
    tbh its got to the point where it club before country is at its peak. ITs got to the stage where no-one care about the world cup anymore. Who is raving about the world champions Italy or the ahem european champions greece. Club football is where the passions at so players will naturally take club football more seriously than int'l increasingly and more carraghers will occur if players feel wronged internationally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 37927)

- He probably thinks Carragher didn't deserve to have a proper chance in the England starting 11
    - And he sees no change in Pennant's form since arriving at Liverpool (everyone else who actually watches football has), and so, laughed at the idea that Pennant will be good enough to play for England

But most importantly, he thinks Liverpool are a one-man team. All the above based on what I've read of his posts.

-Add to that he doesn't think Steven Gerrard is World Class.
    -He thinks Xavi is better than Steve Gerrard.
    -He compares WWII to Football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 37927)

I've had enough of you bringing things up from 2 seasons ago :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 37927)

- He'd probably rather Lampard played in attacking midfield than Gerrard

That one man team was sort of a joke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chewy!)
    You're comparing football with war? How tragic. And as for games at rightback - erm brilliant. He's a defensive defender, proper old school. He gets slated for playing rightback for England because he doesn't get forward.
    Im not comparing it at all, but I feel unity with fellow Englishman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManUtdFanDean)
    Thats your opinion, id rather Gerrard than Lampard anyday, but that doesnt mean the team is built around him, and how are we lost without him? not like hes been out of England games for a longtime so we dont even know that
    OK. Try picturing England playing without Gerrard. It would be disastrous. Back when Gerrard was injured for the '02 WC we had Scholes. Now we have Gerrard. Who else does the England team have with so much creative flair, attacking and defending mastery? Who else can change a game from midfield completely against the run of play?

Tank isn't even in the same league.

ReputationRep:
    That one man team was sort of a joke
    Indeed, most of what you say is ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarlyStarlet)
    OK. Try picturing England playing without Gerrard. It would be disastrous. Back when Gerrard was injured for the '02 WC we had Scholes. Now we have Gerrard. Who else does the England team have with so much creative flair, attacking and defending mastery? Who else can change a game from midfield completely against the run of play?

nvm misread lol

ReputationRep:
    What is it with Liverpool fans? Soo biased, wont have a single bad word said against one of their players. It's incredible, they cant do wrong.

Anyway the whole argument seems to hinge on your feelings towards your country. Personally I am proud and patriotic and think it's an honour to represent your country at any level in any position. Therefore im going to feel hostile to any player who doesnt seem to care about England

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManUtdFanDean)
    nvm misread lol
    you clearly forgot about the "defending mastery" criterion

ReputationRep:

****ing hell. How you watched England over the years? Gerrard has been average at best, only recently has he been playing better although that's a lot to do with all the other players underperforming. Oh sorry thats Lampard's fault as well :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Gerrard's got a lot of talent but creative flair is not necessarily one of them. He's a dymanic player who's strengths lie shooting, driving play forward etc, not necessarily best at doing a "defense splitting pass" in the same way as say, Kaka can.

ReputationRep:

Lampard's England performances are always looked at when he partners Gerrard in the middle, and we know it doesn't work so people need one of the two to criticise and as Lampard didnt have the best world cup and didn't score for a while, it was him, even though you could say both players were to blame for them not being compatible. Everyone can see Lampard is quality for Chelsea when he has the ability to roam, he scored much more than Gerrard last season. Lampard played with a holding midfielder against Germany and he scored and got our man of the match. We lost but he wasn't to blame. I doubt the game against Israel would have been any different with Lampard in instead of Gerrard.

ReputationRep:
    What is it with Liverpool fans? Soo biased, wont have a single bad word said against one of their players. It's incredible, they cant do wrong.
    lol. argument lost = attack the Liverpool fans.

Anyway the whole argument seems to hinge on your feelings towards your country. Personally I am proud and patriotic and think it's an honour to represent your country at any level in any position. Therefore im going to feel hostile to any player who doesnt seem to care about England
    I've been in a team representing my country and Europe before. And am yet to meet anyone who actually is overly fussed. The novelty wears off.

ReputationRep:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ReputationRep:

Well had we taken this conversation to the topic of an Arsenal player playing for England you'd be the same. Obviously we won't be having that conversation because apart from Walcott and Hoyte no one can actually play for England from that team.. but that's another topic for another time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Try posting something useful, spammer.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.