Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arpeggio)
    :hugs: Sorry to hear about BSMS, but you seem to have the right attitude about it anyway ;yes;

I think the policy for reapplying varies with each uni and quite a few will say they don't reconsider applicants who were rejected after interview.

I have an interview at Nottingham this Wed; slightly scared because my other 2 didn't go amazingly, and this is possibly my last chance. Hmm I think I'll just see how it goes though and hope for the best!
    Aw thanks
    Why you think they went badly? I bet they will be the ones that end up the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _bonnie)
    Aw thanks
    Why you think they went badly? I bet they will be the ones that end up the best
    I think my nerves got the better of me really! I hope you're right :p:

ReputationRep:
    Arpeggio, I really wanted to ask how your sheffield one went, but I don't want to seem like I'm trying to find out what questions they ask! Was it a fairly standard interview?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think that incessantly reading about everyone's interviews and rejections is unhealthy? And has anyone noticed how, despite the number of rejections mentioned, no one seems to have an offer yet?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Does anyone else think that incessantly reading about everyone's interviews and rejections is unhealthy? And has anyone noticed how, despite the number of rejections mentioned, no one seems to have an offer yet?!
    A few people have offers from Birmingham in the Offers Thread.
    I agree though, it is unhealthy, it causes so many people to panic! And it fills up the forum so much!
    oh well, what can you do :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Becca u make PeeWee sad by pointing out our lack of success. Atleast it means y'all will be Pre-Meds in my little soc for longer :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Arpeggio, I really wanted to ask how your sheffield one went, but I don't want to seem like I'm trying to find out what questions they ask! Was it a fairly standard interview?
    It probably wouldn't help much if I told you anyway, because it was very PS based and most of the questions led on from my previous answers (I think because of this it felt a lot more natural than my SGUL interview - actually like a chat rather than an interrogation session :p:) There were 3 people on the panel (I had a GP, a junior doc and a med student) and it should last 20 minutes. The further away you live the earlier your interview time will be, and although they say they go on till 5:00 I think the latest in our group was around 3:40! They're really nice though and try to put you at ease Good luck - when's your interview?

ReputationRep:
    My interviews next Thursday - and I only live an hour away, so I guess I'll be towards the end! I'm really not looking forward to it purely because it is PS based, and I cringe every time I read the absolute crap I came out with. It's my only interview so far so I'd really like it to go well I'm quite jealous of you with your three interviews!!

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean - at one point in my interview they actually stopped asking questions and starting chuckling over the first line of my PS :p:

Never would have thought I'd get 3 interviews at all, let alone before Christmas; I put it down to a heavy dose of good luck! You'll be fine at Sheffield though, just try and enjoy it (as strange as that sounds :p:)

ReputationRep:
    they actually stopped asking questions and starting chuckling over the first line of my PS :p:
    Well, what was it?

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean - at one point in my interview they actually stopped asking questions and starting chuckling over the first line of my PS :p:
    Now that I look at mine I just cringe!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Well, what was it?
    Hehe I don't want to say! Alright, the 4th word was "toenails" :p:

ReputationRep:
    Okay now u gotta spill.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I don't want to say! Alright, the 4th word was "toenails" :p:
    Interrrresting...now the first, second and third words if you please

So long as they aren't "I really love" :p:

ReputationRep:
    Medicine is like... toenails.

ReputationRep:
    OK 3rd word: ingrowing

And I'm saying no more. This could turn into a burnt pyjama incident (not that I'm claiming mine's anywhere near as good as that one, but still )

ReputationRep:
    OK 3rd word: ingrowing

And I'm saying no more. This could turn into a burnt pyjama incident (not that I'm claiming mine's anywhere near as good as that one, but still )
    “Having an ingrowing toenail was the day I discovered my passion for medicine and the need for personal hygiene”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolguy456)
    “Having an ingrowing toenail was the day I discovered my passion for medicine and the need for personal hygiene”
    Haha love it!

So go on then, what were other people's first lines (or parts of)?

ReputationRep:
    Haha love it!

So go on then, what were other people's first lines (or parts of)?
    Lemme just crack that dusty word document open....

"I have a passion for learning, a thirst for knowledge and an overwhelming desire to help and care for others."

OH GOD what was I thinking! Here is me wondering why I have no interviews...I think I just found out why lol

ReputationRep:
    Aw I like that actually. Slightly cringeworthy, but then absolutely everyone's is and you'd probably look really lame and unenthusiastic if you didn't have your fair share of "fascination"/"passion"/"desire"-type words. I reckon it sums up the "Why Med" question in one nice little sentence...

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 16, 2009

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.