Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Roehampton in the library at the moment.

Has anyone tried printing in the library yet? It's seriously one of the most confusing things ever! :p: I eventually figured it out though, after realising that some of the computers screensavers had instructions on how to print lol.

ReputationRep:
    oh dear!! never printed there before LOL!! is it 5p per sheet?

ReputationRep:
    lol ive taken a library book out! now that was confusing!! lol how do u print??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    oh dear!! never printed there before LOL!! is it 5p per sheet?
    Yup, and I had to print 4 pages :eek3:

Oh well, at least now the trees might like me, as I'll be less likely to print lots of junk :p: And my font size in essays is defintely going to decrease so that I have less pages! lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty007)
    lol ive taken a library book out! now that was confusing!! lol how do u print??
    I've yet to take a library book out :p: I'll have to do it soon, how do you do it?

To print you need to put money on your card, print the document that you want, then go to the computer next to the printer where you log in, insert your card into the reader next to the computer, select the items from the printing queue list that appears that you want to print, and then select 'print' at the top of the page.

...I probably just made that sound really confusing, the screensaver in the computer room explains it better lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elvendork)
    I've yet to take a library book out :p: I'll have to do it soon, how do you do it?

To print you need to put money on your card, print the document that you want, then go to the computer next to the printer where you log in, insert your card into the reader next to the computer, select the items from the printing queue list that appears that you want to print, and then select 'print' at the top of the page.

...I probably just made that sound really confusing, the screensaver in the computer room explains it better lol.
    So used to free printing at College LoL - I wanted to print out the council tax exemption letter but the printer didn't seem to be interested :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenix287)
    So used to free printing at College LoL - I wanted to print out the council tax exemption letter but the printer didn't seem to be interested :laugh:
    Lmao :p:

I took a book out of the library today. I tried on 2 different machines (thinking that I had somehow broken them), before realising that I had been doing it wrong haha.

ReputationRep:

thanks!! to take a book out go to the computer and click take out a book. but your id card under the scanner and leave it there, then put the book next to it on the slider thing(its just grey on the side). u open the front page of the book and slide it along the slider thing. then click done and u get a recipt. its easier when u do it. it took me and my mate ages to work this out!! lol

ReputationRep:
    thanks!! to take a book out go to the computer and click take out a book. but your id card under the scanner and leave it there, then put the book next to it on the slider thing(its just grey on the side). u open the front page of the book and slide it along the slider thing. then click done and u get a recipt. its easier when u do it. it took me and my mate ages to work this out!! lol
    Yeah, I did it yesterday and got really confused, before realising that you're supposed to leave the card there and not just scan it! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I did it yesterday and got really confused, before realising that you're supposed to leave the card there and not just scan it! :p:
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:
    :cool:

Our first week of lectures is OVER! :eek3: How is everyone finding it? It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, apart from Wednesdays lecture though - SO boring!!! (Someone in the front row actually fell asleep, lmao)

ReputationRep:

Our first week of lectures is OVER! :eek3: How is everyone finding it? It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, apart from Wednesdays lecture though - SO boring!!! (Someone in the front row actually fell asleep, lmao)
    haha yeah - most of the lectures where fine but one of our quantitative accounting sessions was too much. The guy next to me was asleep which is something I can't do - just cant sleep in an upright position without waking up on the floor :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenix287)
    haha yeah - most of the lectures where fine but one of our quantitative accounting sessions was too much. The guy next to me was asleep which is something I can't do - just cant sleep in an upright position without waking up on the floor :p:
    Haha, same! And it would be really embarrassing if you were caught, or if you started snoring loudly :p:

ReputationRep:

My snoresville lecture is on Tuesday , I hate monotone voices its so annoying!! But other then that everything else is going good

ReputationRep:
    My snoresville lecture is on Tuesday , I hate monotone voices its so annoying!! But other then that everything else is going good
    Monotone and slow voices are the worst! Makes a boring lecture even more boring :p:

ReputationRep:
    Monotone and slow voices are the worst! Makes a boring lecture even more boring :p:

i have a question.. i took a book out the library via the computers, how do i return it? i know i have to scan the book and click return but what do i then do with the book? do i have to return it to the shelf i got it from or do something else with it? please help!

ReputationRep:
    i have a question.. i took a book out the library via the computers, how do i return it? i know i have to scan the book and click return but what do i then do with the book? do i have to return it to the shelf i got it from or do something else with it? please help!
    my mate put it on the shelf, so im guessing thats it

ReputationRep:
    At the end of each of the tables where there's the scanner things, there's a trolley where you can put them (I had the library tour today lol)

ReputationRep:
    the tour wouldnt be such a bad idea, i dont know how to search for books lol :emo:

ReputationRep:
    the tour wouldnt be such a bad idea, i dont know how to search for books lol :emo:
    Aww, haven't you had a tour yet? I was surprised how late my one was, I thought that they would have done it during Freshers Week :p:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.