The British and Irish Lions Tour 2009 Thread Watch

benmh92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why would we play Sheridan instead of Jenkins :confused: Jenkins is a million times better than Sheridan in open play and a better scrummager too, so why pick Sheridan :rofl:
acid8000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by benmh92)
Why would we play Sheridan instead of Jenkins :confused: Jenkins is a million times better than Sheridan in open play and a better scrummager too, so why pick Sheridan :rofl:
:naughty:
callum Honisett
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 1721)
sheridan got decked by julien white an old farmer!
Oh crap lol. Julian white isn't on the small side though!

I'd love to see Botha, Matfield and Habana get absolutely mauled though.

If only Greg Somerville and Brad Thorne were playing for the Lions. :rolleyes:
callum Honisett
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Better in open play but most definitely NOT a better scrummager!
acid8000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Also, Worsley for openside next week. :ninja:
QwentyJ
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lnjames)
Also, Worsley for openside next week. :ninja:
Do you want the Lions to be slaughtered??
benmh92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by QwentyJ)
Do you want the Lions to be slaughtered??
No, he's just English :yes:
acid8000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, he's just English :yes:
I was kidding. You really are tedious sometimes. :sigh:
bradburyj
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
our backs, especially the centres had the better of the boks yesterday. the problem came from the forwards, not enough ball and not enough quick, clean ball.

sheridan must come in along with a new hooker, my choice would be rees. can jenkins not play 3? hes supposedly comfortable on either side. how vickery was allowed to be on the tour never mind start the first test is unbelieveable. he peaked in 2003, lived only on reputation untill 2007 and matt stevens was far better and some how makes the 2009 lions!?

maybe a stronger partner for POC in the second row too, hines or shaw would make for a stronger scrum, but the sacrifice else where might be too much.

as for everyone having a go at monye, the first chance was great defence and it was only his power and speed that got him into the corner in the first place to nearly score, williams or fitz would of been sent into touch much earlier.
- oh and LnJames it was the right call to give a 22 as his head touched the flag before the ball was held up.

his second chance he will be gutted with but again massively unlucky that morne steyns arm hit the ball out of his hands. 99/100 he scores that.

for me i'd keep him in the team but i can see the coaches slipping in shane williams if they can haha
f0zz1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I hate the commentators :z

Forwards need more weight lol.
I have been watching Mtawarira during the Super 14 and he definitely lived up to his name "The Beast". I can only think Vickery is sh***ing himself at the "engage" mark. Sheridan can be the only one to match Beast's leg strength.
StefanieOspreys
Report 9 years ago
i think my 1st team wud hav dun it including having m williams instead of wallace, if i was geech id consider changin no.8 i think we may need a bit more strength as for vickery unfortunately he was blessed with a few too many inches.
I have to say the weakest position on trhe field for us is hooker, no1 can liv up to flannery and thats hurtin the lions both in the scrum and lineouts.

hoping hook isnt concussed and byrnes foot isnt too bad... got a dreaded feelin theyre both gna be out 4 the rest of the tour.
acid8000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bradburyj)
- oh and LnJames it was the right call to give a 22 as his head touched the flag before the ball was held up.
ELVs state that they're in play now. It wasn't that anyway, it was the fact that the defender ripped the ball out after holding him up. But the Bok defender was playing the ball on the ground and once the player is held up no further action is allowed anyway. So it was a scrum or even a penalty.
PBTimmeh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Jenkins > Sheriden
callum Honisett
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by PBTimmeh)
Jenkins > Sheriden
In the loose - NOT in the scrum. I can't wait for Sheridan vs Smit and move Jenkins to tight-head.

I think Jenkins can play either 1 or 3.

Either that or you play AR Jones at 3.

Front row:

1) Sheridan
2) Rees (After that performance by Mears)
3) AR Jones
acid8000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by callum Honisett)
In the loose - NOT in the scrum. I can't wait for Sheridan vs Smit and move Jenkins to tight-head.
Agreed, although the Welsh would like to think otherwise. The reason people are calling for Sheridan is because the Saffa scrum was clearly underestimated. I don't know if I'd drop Mears as soon as that, there's a reason he was nailed on after a couple of days.
callum Honisett
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Agreed, although the Welsh would like to think otherwise. The reason people are calling for Sheridan is because the Saffa scrum was clearly underestimated. I don't know if I'd drop Mears as soon as that, there's a reason he was nailed on after a couple of days.
Yeah they like to think otherwise!

The Saffa scrum was underestimated - I'd definitely agree.

I prefer Mears to Rees, though that was a bad performance. Perhaps it's just that the SA line out is so good.
acid8000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by callum Honisett)
I prefer Mears to Rees, though that was a bad performance. Perhaps it's just that the SA line out is so good.
Perhaps POC and AWJ could be receiving jumpers for once, instead of just Croft. :shifty:
benmh92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Gethin is much better at 1 and is vital to have on the field. Play both Gethin and Adam Jones in the next test and if we struggle have Sheridan on the bench. Sheridan isn't good enough to start and should be a last option as he is useless when there he isn't scrummaging!

POC received the ball loads of times in the game. Rees threw the ball much better too ironically than Mears even though it has been the opposite before this game!
PBTimmeh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I guess if the English can't scrum what good are they?
callum Honisett
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Perhaps POC and AWJ could be receiving jumpers for once, instead of just Croft. :shifty:
Yeah lol, that could help :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (571)
37.71%
No - but I will (119)
7.86%
No - I don't want to (109)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (715)
47.23%

Watched Threads