Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    As a republican party, would the labour party and it's MP's support a bill that to abolish the monarchy?
    That would depend on the format of said bill, however I think many of my MPs would support such a bill (I haven't asked the new ones yet).
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Labour Party Update:
    An internal Leadership election has just concluded. I have been re-elected as Party Leader.

Thank You.
    - RA

ReputationRep:
    Just to put it our there... how annoying is Yvette?!
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    TSR Labour Party Update:
    An internal Leadership election has just concluded. I have been re-elected as Party Leader.

Thank You.
    - RA
    Congrats! Unoppossed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Congrats! Unoppossed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers and yes, unopposed.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Labour Party Update:

Thank You.
    - RA
    Fair play. Called it.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Cheers and yes, unopposed.
    Good to hear our coalition partners believe in their currenf leadership then

Or you're just an internal dictator.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol :teehee:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    that unanimous result tho
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm the raving dictator of the Liberal party, hear me roar!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Lol :teehee:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    that unanimous result tho
    I have secured exclusive footage of the internal election.

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    I have secured exclusive footage of the internal election.
    prsom :lol:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RifRaf98)
    Just to put it our there... how annoying is Yvette?!
    I quite like her, her taking-apart of May and Gove the other day was wonderful.

ReputationRep:
    will your party be changing it's name after no fewer than FIVE of your MP's refused to vote in favour of a bill restoring a fundamental workers right via the Trade Union bill?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    will your party be changing it's name after no fewer than FIVE of your MP's refused to vote in favour of a bill restoring a fundamental workers right via the Trade Union bill?
    How about no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    How about no?
    you are defrauding voters then as you don't represent working people as your name suggests.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    you are defrauding voters then as you don't represent working people as your name suggests.
    We defend the right of working people to strike to support their own industry.

ReputationRep:
    We defend the right of working people to strike to support their own industry.
    but not to show solidarity with other workers apparently, do you even know what solidarity is?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    but not to show solidarity with other workers apparently, do you even know what solidarity is?
    What is going on in one industry is not a matter for the trade union representing an entirely different industry. Striking should fundamentally be to represent the interests of one's own profession, not to make a more general political point.

ReputationRep:
    What is going on in one industry is not a matter for the trade union representing an entirely different industry. Striking should fundamentally be to represent the interests of one's own profession, not to make a more general political point.
    a very Tory argument that. workers should be able to support other workers...fairly basic idea of workers rights & union rights that...unions represent workers ACROSS industries & companies most of the time as well...

thanks for demonstrating you don't understand solidarity as well...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    a very Tory argument that. workers should be able to support other workers...fairly basic idea of workers rights & union rights that...unions represent workers ACROSS industries & companies most of the time as well...

thanks for demonstrating you don't understand solidarity as well...
    Solidarity, I would like to know if you support reverse solidarity; solidarity of employers, where one employer can spite its workers by disciplining them to show support for another employer, in another sector who is disciplining a worker for being under the influence on the job. As you support equality you should support this type of solidarity where the wrongdoing of one worker can lead to punishment of other workers in different sectors, but you do not which demonstrates you do not support equality, rather you support privilege but for the perceived proletariat; very hypocritical.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.