Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RagaZ)
    For AS year im doing Tsarist Russia 1855-1917 (looks like the most fun topic)
    Then Sixties Social Revolution... British society 1959-75 (sounds boring)

and for A2 modern britain History and the coursework

U starting tomorrow ?
    I'm doing the sixties too!! And it sounds like my most fun topic, my other unit it totalitarian ideology I think at A2 we do international relations

And yeah are you starting tomorrow too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    I'm doing the sixties too!! And it sounds like my most fun topic, my other unit it totalitarian ideology I think at A2 we do international relations

And yeah are you starting tomorrow too?
    yh!! y so sad ?! im kinda excited...ive already got my bag packed and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Starting tomorrow doing Maths, Further Maths, Spanish and Geography with General Studies as a pointless compulsory add-on :/.

I think tomorrow is just for study skills and team building so it should be ok. But still...mreeeeeehhhhh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RagaZ)
    yh!! y so sad ?! im kinda excited...ive already got my bag packed and stuff
    It's because tomorrow I have the most lessons Although I probably won't be doing much....

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhh never again will I go shopping with my mum :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    Thanks. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Grace/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]

I really don't know... I know that one piece I got 26/30, which would mean on the other piece I would have to have gotten 7/30... which definitely isn't true. I remember getting 18/30.. but whatever, I needed a B overall so I'm cool with it. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Grace/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]
    Haha, well that is rather strange! Are they externally moderated? I guess they could have been changed during the process

(Original post by Elm Tree)
    I still remember taking this photo on the first day of Secondary school clearly [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Grace/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.png[/IMG]

And this photo from our trip to Disneyland Paris
    Oh God, my picture from the first day of secondary school….

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
    Haha, well that is rather strange! Are they externally moderated? I guess they could have been changed during the process
    Yeah they are. I guess they both could have gone down, but I wouldn't have imagined I dropped around 15 marks... especially because my oral coursework seemed fine. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh hello and welcome to the thread.

Good to see someone else other than me doing WJEC German.
    Definitely! I'm the only one in my the area of the county doing German, since Spanish has pretty much replaced it in all schools. Most of our language/English exams are with WJEC at my school, even though we are not in Wales?! They tend to be the nicest exam board with marks less on grammar and more communicating. Are you having an external oral examiner? Our school always brings WJEC examiners in instead of teachers, they actually score you better, even though they seem difficult. I remember starting a chat about kayaking, before blazing into a argument after he said 'women do not deserve maternity leave and must quit their job'. I suddenly became an extreme feminist and I think that's how I got an A.

ReputationRep:
    Compare me on my first day in Year 7 with me now.

No shame whatsoever.

Name:  lolu.png
Views: 198
Size:  484.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucas.)
    compare me on my first day in year 7 with me now. :d

no shame whatsoever. :d

Name:  lolu.png
Views: 198
Size:  484.9 KB
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RagaZ)
    For AS year im doing Tsarist Russia 1855-1917 (looks like the most fun topic)
    Then Sixties Social Revolution... British society 1959-75 (sounds boring)

and for A2 modern britain History and the coursework

U starting tomorrow ?
    Ooh, I'm doing Tsarist Russia too *nods*. Do you know what you're doing for your coursework?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serebro)
    Definitely! I'm the only one in my the area of the county doing German, since Spanish has pretty much replaced it in all schools. Most of our language/English exams are with WJEC at my school, even though we are not in Wales?! They tend to be the nicest exam board with marks less on grammar and more communicating. Are you having an external oral examiner? Our school always brings WJEC examiners in instead of teachers, they actually score you better, even though they seem difficult. I remember starting a chat about kayaking, before blazing into a argument after he said 'women do not deserve maternity leave and must quit their job'. I suddenly became an extreme feminist and I think that's how I got an A.
    Seriously? French is most popular here, followed by German, then Spanish. Some schools don't even offer Spanish. My high school didn't, and the sixth form college I'm going to doesn't either. My high school didn't do anything with WJEC. Yeah, the French teacher at my college said that's why the use WJEC, and they also bring in an external person. Hahaha, it sounds pretty easy.

ReputationRep:
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
    I was so beautiful, what happened?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they are. I guess they both could have gone down, but I wouldn't have imagined I dropped around 15 marks... especially because my oral coursework seemed fine. Oh well.
    Yeah, that does seem strange :/ I guess it could have been an admin problem. Oh well, done and dusted now, time to look forward to the joys of A-level instead

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? French is most popular here, followed by German, then Spanish. Some schools don't even offer Spanish. My high school didn't, and the sixth form college I'm going to doesn't either. My high school didn't do anything with WJEC. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Grace/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]Yeah, the French teacher at my college said that's why the use WJEC, and they also bring in an external person. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Grace/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.png[/IMG]Hahaha, it sounds pretty easy. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Grace/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]
    French does seem to be the most popular, but there seems to be an even mix between Spanish and German really. My current school doesn’t offer Spanish, and another one nearby that I wanted to go to offers Spanish but not German, which was sad. There are a few that offer all three though, and one nearby that offers French, Spanish, German, Russian, Ancient Greek, Latin and Japanese (It’s a private school)

I was so beautiful, what happened? [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Grace/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]
    A thing called puberty, usually it’s for the better

ReputationRep:
    Do people think doing Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics and History in school and self teaching Maths is a good idea. I have an A* in GCSE Maths and an A in FSMQ both without much effort. This is only for AS Maths btw not A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Do people think doing Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics and History in school and self teaching Maths is a good idea. I have an A* in GCSE Maths and an A in FSMQ both without much effort. This is only for AS Maths btw not A2.
    Why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Why not?
    I don't know it's 5 hard AS' and I'm not sure if my school would let me. I would have to do a lot more work than if I did 4 but I am genuinely interested in all those subjects even if History isn't very relevant to what I want to do.

ReputationRep:
    French does seem to be the most popular, but there seems to be an even mix between Spanish and German really. My current school doesn’t offer Spanish, and another one nearby that I wanted to go to offers Spanish but not German, which was sad. There are a few that offer all three though, and one nearby that offers French, Spanish, German, Russian, Ancient Greek, Latin and Japanese (It’s a private school)

A thing called puberty, usually it’s for the better
    Wow, how do they even find all those teachers to be able to teach it.

Mind you, my Year 8 Science teacher was only 23 and he was fluent in Russian and German... I had always heard 'rumours' of him being a total **** in detentions and he'd sometimes shout at you in Russian, or make you do lines in Russian (he'd give you a dictionary). One time I hate to write four haikus (one about each season) in Russian. Probably the worst detention I've ever had.

He also used to give us class detentions and make us stare at the clock for two minutes in silence. If you smiled or looked away then the two minutes would start again. I'm pretty sure he was a psychopath... Such a cool guy though!

Hmm, I think puberty ruined me.

ReputationRep:
    My school only does Spanish sadly. Wish I knew German or French, they sound so cool.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.