Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Application to favourite firm completed but just reading it over and over in case I missed something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    Hey i heard back around 16th and i applied to bristol you?
    I applied to the London office and still nothing. Good luck with the rest of the process for it!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back form Clyde and Co London office yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canoepop)
    26th of Feb - eeek!
    Hey can you let me know how the dwf interview went? I have mine on the 3rd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    Hey can you let me know how the dwf interview went? I have mine on the 3rd
    Hey! Sure - it was fine the people were super nice. Mine was with an HR Person and a partner and they both have different questions to ask you.

It's split in half - so one half was the HR person asking me competency questions and then the second half was largely the partner asking me commercial awareness questions. It was a very informal interview and they'd go off script and just chat with me about stuff they thought was interesting - so it was very conversational (for example I was asked if I knew X or Y person from my highschool because one of the interviewers knew some people that had attended) it made it more relaxed and I actually really enjoyed chatting with them.

They've also got your application form there and give you a chance to talk about anything on it you felt the interview didn't cover

ReputationRep:
    Situation update: rejection from A&O, off. from Macf; still no word at all from Charles Russell Speechlys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matic)
    Situation update: rejection from A&O, off. from Macf; still no word at all from Charles Russell Speechlys
    When are you doing your Mac vac?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidLocked)
    Are firms less likely to make TC offers to penultimate year non lawyers on their vac schemes because it's too early for them or does it not matter at all?
    No not at all. If you are good enough, they just offer you the intake they will be recruiting for in the following academic year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mlawstu)
    I have just had an offer from AG for the Leeds Office after my assessment centre last week but they may all be different! Which office did you apply to?
    Congrats! I applied to London. Very tempted to call them up but worried they'll say no straight away!

ReputationRep:
    Any IM news anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseh92)
    Anyone heard back form Clyde and Co London office yet?
    I got an email yesterday that my application was still being screened

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Baker & McKenzie about the international vacation programme? Also, has anyone heard from Charles Russell Speechlys after taking their psychometric tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingojango)
    Any IM news anyone?
    Nope..... Just silence!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually received a rejection from hill Dickinson (post app) or Boodle Hatfield? I don't know whether just send out all their rejections at once as soon as they fill all their VS places

ReputationRep:
    Just in case this helps anyone: if you are in a situation where you have to reject a firm after you receive an offer due to date clashes, I would advise asking them if you can change your application to a TC application. I had to reject Clifford Chance for a VS but I was still planning on applying for a TC there.

They said to me that they can transfer my application to a TC application and all I will have to do over summer is have a one-hour interview with a partner, rather than repeating the full assessment day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canoepop)
    Hey! Sure - it was fine the people were super nice. Mine was with an HR Person and a partner and they both have different questions to ask you.

It's split in half - so one half was the HR person asking me competency questions and then the second half was largely the partner asking me commercial awareness questions. It was a very informal interview and they'd go off script and just chat with me about stuff they thought was interesting - so it was very conversational (for example I was asked if I knew X or Y person from my highschool because one of the interviewers knew some people that had attended) it made it more relaxed and I actually really enjoyed chatting with them.

They've also got your application form there and give you a chance to talk about anything on it you felt the interview didn't cover
    Thank you so much for getting back to me were there any unusual competency qs that you had not previously considered or were they straight forward? with regards to the commercial awareness qs were the questions very complex or more open? its great that they made you feel at ease! did they ask any think specifically legal as i am non law :/ also sorry for the questions! but did they say when you will hear back? good luck!

ReputationRep:
    No word from IM but confirmation of face-to-face interview at Eversheds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aj90)
    I applied to the London office and still nothing. Good luck with the rest of the process for it!
    Im sure you will hear something soon it may differ between offices. Thank you and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matic)
    I'm still waiting on CRS as well! How have people already gotten tests and we haven't heard a peep?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asalom1)
    Has anyone heard back from Baker & McKenzie about the international vacation programme? Also, has anyone heard from Charles Russell Speechlys after taking their psychometric tests?
    I haven't heard back from Baker at all, other than when I emailed them asking what's happening and they said I was still under consideration. Haven't heard back from CRS at all, not even a test

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.