Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mully09)
    Has anyone heard back from Southampton yet? I have only had emails saying they have received my application.
    A few of us have interviews next week. It might be worth emailing them to see if they're still sending out invitations..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elzw)
    And the references, we just have to obtain by the time we go to interview (if we get an interview that is!)
    Yep, you just have to bring them along to your interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilithSternin)
    My work experience info for Warwick is really starting to get pulled together, this is so exciting! After several years of slowly losing hope I finally feel like I may have a shot at medicine

I feel exactly the same! I've applied about 3 times and each time was pretty soul crushing and now I've got the work experience form to fill in too for Warwick. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renn)
    I feel exactly the same! I've applied about 3 times and each time was pretty soul crushing and now I've got the work experience form to fill in too for Warwick. Good luck
    Thanks, you too!

ReputationRep:
    Have any Imperial applicants heard anything yet? Their last email said they'd start to let people know from 2nd December so just wondered!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguin1024)
    Has anyone heard from Oxford?
    You might want to check the Oxford thread if you haven't already
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3640809&page=4

ReputationRep:
    Regarding the Warwick work experience form, most of my experience was obtained from March-August 2013 working as a bank HCA when I was on my gap year and then I worked pretty sporadically throughout August 2013-August 2014 during uni term breaks.
    Does anything think this will matter? I'm worried I haven't got enough hours in the past 2 years as I didn't do any work there this summer but I plan to do work again this Christmas break. I have like 200+ hours from before the 2 year mark and I'm still employed by the same hospital but that won't count right? :/ feel like I'm pretty screwed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renn)
    Regarding the Warwick work experience form, most of my experience was obtained from March-August 2013 working as a bank HCA when I was on my gap year and then I worked pretty sporadically throughout August 2013-August 2014 during uni term breaks.
    Does anything think this will matter much? I'm worried I haven't got enough hours as I didn't do any work there this summer but I plan to do work again this Christmas break. But that won't count right? :/
    They are only considering experience gained from 15/10/13 - 15/10/15, so the 70 hours has to be from between these dates unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natha_Lite)
    They are only considering experience gained from 15/10/13 - 15/10/15, so the 70 hours has to be from between these dates unfortunately
    Thanks. I'm going to ring up and hope I've scraped together enough hours during my uni term breaks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renn)
    Thanks. I'm going to ring up and hope I've scraped together enough hours during my uni term breaks.
    Did you apply for this year or next year, because if its next year you've got loads of time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absorbaloff)
    Did you apply for this year or next year, because if its next year you've got loads of time
    This year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renn)
    This year
    Umm, without sounding horribly rude, did you not count up your hours of care work before applying to Warwick? I hope your social secretary work is accepted but I'm not totally sure if they will take it on board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absorbaloff)
    Umm, without sounding horribly rude, did you not count up your hours of care work before applying to Warwick? I hope your social secretary work is accepted but I'm not totally sure if they will take it on board.
    To be fair the 15th October 2015 cut off was not explicitly stated. Some other people seemed to be of the opinion that the cutoff was when the form was completed (as is the case for Nottingham).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieGEM)
    To be fair the 15th October 2015 cut off was not explicitly stated. Some other people seemed to be of the opinion that the cutoff was when the form was completed (as is the case for Nottingham).
    Although it isn't stated in that way, it is implied:

"However, the minimum commitment we would expect to see is the equivalent of 2 weeks full-time (70 hours) across the last two years, completed by the time of your application."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerSunshine)
    Although it isn't stated in that way, it is implied:

"However, the minimum commitment we would expect to see is the equivalent of 2 weeks full-time (70 hours) across the last two years, completed by the time of your application."
    True but by the time of which stage of my application? My initial application to UCAS or my work experience submission?

Don't get me wrong I'm well over the 70 hours by the date, but I think it would have been nice for this to have been explicitly stated on the website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieGEM)
    True but by the time of which stage of my application? My initial application to UCAS or my work experience submission?

Don't get me wrong I'm well over the 70 hours by the date, but I think it would have been nice for this to have been explicitly stated on the website.
    If I remember correctly, they stated on the form that the work experience had to be between the 15/08/2013 and 15/08/2015, so the deadline for ucas submission

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sampowell92)
    If I remember correctly, they'll stated on the form that the work experience had to be between the 15/08/2013 and 15/08/2015, so the deadline for ucas submission
    You mean 15/10/201? ?

We know that now, I was just saying Warwick's work experience requirement was not written explicitly on the website before you made a UCAS application. I doubt I was the only one who didn't know with 100% certainty on account of reading the relevant part of the website when they were going to make the cut off.

ReputationRep:
    Do we need references for EVERYTHING we've mentioned in our PS if it's within the 2 year period? Some of mine are university volunteering societies so hard to get an actual written reference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creatingchaos)
    Do we need references for EVERYTHING we've mentioned in our PS if it's within the 2 year period? Some of mine are university volunteering societies so hard to get an actual written reference
    Someone I know rang Warwick admissions today with a question about the form and they said they don't read your personal statement so make sure you include everything relevant on the form

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.