The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I really hope I find out from my pooled college tomorrow.... I can't take any more waiting!!!!!
Original post by chloe--
Lucky you! My journey hasn't ended yet :s-smilie:

Congrats on your offer :smile:

Keep thinking positive Chloe and I'm sure you'll get in, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you... good luck!
Reply 3982
I know, it's the wrong place to ask, but Canyou tell me your predicted grades?

Original post by Doomlar
Subject: Medicine
College:
Churchill
Outcome (and conditions):
Conditional offer; A*A* in Biology and Chemistry, AA in Mathematics and Physics.
How did you hear?:
Letter
How do you feel?:
adfjhnekhjneajrgnbakjhdbgjhweabkjatbhjragba
​ajsdfgnekhrn4jhneargkjenhkjtnhwtlkhn
Original post by allypetal
Basically I wanted to avoid the claustrophobic/ oldness/ seriousness of the others (BIG generalisation, there are other reasons I know and I'm sure I'd be happy at any of the others) when I visited nearly a year ago it was the only college which I had an amazing gut feeling about and it just clicked for me. There was something about thinking of myself there, I could realistically picture myself (Mancunian and all that) there and loving it.

I'm academic but I absolutely love talking to people and am really friendly, and I instantly got on with the kind of people there - yeah it's not as pretty or old as the others but it has that homely feel to it :smile: I can't explain it, I think if you go you'll probably get what I'm trying to say!

Sorry for the essay! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was pooled to Murray edwards, nice to hear there'll be a fellow northerner there, im from near preston :smile:
Original post by Danil0u
I was pooled to Murray edwards, nice to hear there'll be a fellow northerner there, im from near preston :smile:

One of the old undergrads who now works there is from Yorkshire and to be honest it was probably her that made me apply when I first visited! Also she just said 'we're a bit friendlier down here' right before my first interview and it was sold to me! Never thought I'd have an interview or even an offer though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3985
Original post by gowrath
Hello,

Do you have any idea when the Ucas track will be updated? I read somewhere that decisions would be centralised on the 13th and Ucas track updated shortly after. Is this true?
I don't know, I'm afraid. You will get an email from UCAS automatically if your Track updates.

Original post by Salmon97
are some colleges reluctant to give pooled applicants offers for some reason? It looks from previous years statistics (for maths) that some colleges almost never hand out offers to pooled applicants.
Each college has a number of places to offer, and if they get the volume and quality of applications required to fill them, they have no need to fish in the Pool.
One of the old undergrads who now works there is from Yorkshire and to be honest it was probably her that made me apply when I first visited! Also she just said 'we're a bit friendlier down here' right before my first interview and it was sold to me! Never thought I'd have an interview or even an offer though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had never even looked at it, it being all-girls probably put me off but now I don't see why, from what people have said its one of the 'homliest' and that's exactly what I wanted
Basically I wanted to avoid the claustrophobic/ oldness/ seriousness of the others (BIG generalisation, there are other reasons I know and I'm sure I'd be happy at any of the others) when I visited nearly a year ago it was the only college which I had an amazing gut feeling about and it just clicked for me. There was something about thinking of myself there, I could realistically picture myself (Mancunian and all that) there and loving it.

I'm academic but I absolutely love talking to people and am really friendly, and I instantly got on with the kind of people there - yeah it's not as pretty or old as the others but it has that homely feel to it :smile: I can't explain it, I think if you go you'll probably get what I'm trying to say!

Sorry for the essay! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

So helpful thankyou! That description sounds like it would suit me really well, I was always a bit worried about the stuffiness that some Cambridge colleges have a reputation for and I'd really love a more social atmosphere. Definitely going to their offer holders day so I'm sure I'll see what you mean then!

thanks again!
Original post by Danil0u
I had never even looked at it, it being all-girls probably put me off but now I don't see why, from what people have said its one of the 'homliest' and that's exactly what I wanted

I can back that up, it's sooo cosey but not claustrophobic at the same time it's lovely :smile: definitely homely is a great way of putting it. If I hadn't gone on a school trip to that college specifically and stayed overnight I'd have never have even considered it; so glad I did now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Except for those doing STEP...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol i am so scared.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bexrose1997
So helpful thankyou! That description sounds like it would suit me really well, I was always a bit worried about the stuffiness that some Cambridge colleges have a reputation for and I'd really love a more social atmosphere. Definitely going to their offer holders day so I'm sure I'll see what you mean then!

thanks again!

No problem, you sound similar to me :smile: I know it's Cambridge but you've got to have some fun/ a bit of a laugh whilst you're there and to me that was the best place to do everything - I'm also a stress head and found that environment way more comforting that somewhere in the middle of Cambridge. I guess I might see you then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can back that up, it's sooo cosey but not claustrophobic at the same time it's lovely :smile: definitely homely is a great way of putting it. If I hadn't gone on a school trip to that college specifically and stayed overnight I'd have never have even considered it; so glad I did now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel very reassured now, Thankyou! What subject was yours again?
Original post by Danil0u
I'm anxious but just happy to have an offer really, you?

Same! Apprehensive at first but I've done some research and it seems like everyone who goes is really enthusiastic about it. Now quite optimistic for the offer holders day :smile:
Original post by Bexrose1997
Same! Apprehensive at first but I've done some research and it seems like everyone who goes is really enthusiastic about it. Now quite optimistic for the offer holders day :smile:

Yeah, that's the same for me too, I even heard they have a pet cat haha
No problem, you sound similar to me :smile: I know it's Cambridge but you've got to have some fun/ a bit of a laugh whilst you're there and to me that was the best place to do everything - I'm also a stress head and found that environment way more comforting that somewhere in the middle of Cambridge. I guess I might see you then!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, got to enjoy yourself as well as having all the work, best of both worlds :smile: Yeah hopefully see you there!
Original post by Danil0u
I feel very reassured now, Thankyou! What subject was yours again?

I'm glad - it must be horrible being pooled and not knowing what you're in for - but you're obviously wanted by one of the best unis in the world, regardless of the college :smile: English! You?
I'm glad - it must be horrible being pooled and not knowing what you're in for - but you're obviously wanted by one of the best unis in the world, regardless of the college :smile: English! You?

The English faculty is close to there isn't it? I'm Theology&RS so I'm a little bit of a walk away
Original post by Danil0u
Yeah, that's the same for me too, I even heard they have a pet cat haha

Aha really?! That's brilliant, must be quite a homely place then
Has anyone heard from Clare? How do you know if you've been pooled?
Original post by 322394
Has anyone heard from Clare? How do you know if you've been pooled?

If you were pooled and a college wanted to interview you, then you would've been contacted last week as interviews for the pool were this weekend I think. I got pooled but another college made me an offer without re-interview, and I found out yesterday in the letter that I got from my first choice college. I got a phone call today from Murray Edwards telling me I had been pooled there- hope that helps.

Latest

Trending

Trending