The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

she was meant to go to hospital about wheteher she is suitable for the opperation to remove the tumour but she was too unwell so didn't go. we all know now that its not looking good so we're going to make it as comfortable as possible for her.
i could totally hang myself today. not being able to do sport is really getting to me now. went out clubbing for the first time in oxford last night and it just reminded me of everything i hated about cambridge and how badly i dont fit in with the popular pretty girls. i just found myself getting aggressive and alienated and spent most of the evening alone when i should have been having fun, being personable and getting to know the gymnastics team. **** my life.
Vienna Cannon
she was meant to go to hospital about wheteher she is suitable for the opperation to remove the tumour but she was too unwell so didn't go. we all know now that its not looking good so we're going to make it as comfortable as possible for her.

:hugs: I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job.
vapid slut magician
i could totally hang myself today. not being able to do sport is really getting to me now. went out clubbing for the first time in oxford last night and it just reminded me of everything i hated about cambridge and how badly i dont fit in with the popular pretty girls. i just found myself getting aggressive and alienated and spent most of the evening alone when i should have been having fun, being personable and getting to know the gymnastics team. **** my life.

I know how you feel. They can be really intimidating can't they? How is your wrist? When are you out of plaster?
just got myself upset when looking at christmas tree decorations because my housemate broke one of my special ones which my nana gave me i feel so crap
*pink_sapphires*
I know how you feel. They can be really intimidating can't they? How is your wrist? When are you out of plaster?

well the wires are out so im much happier now, bit sore where the gaping holes from the surgical steel are. i have a snazzy pink cast now though and it's off on 2nd december. will be a while before i can get back to sport tho which is massively upsetting.

i dont find them intimidating so much, more i hate being surrounded by smart, pretty, thin, sane, sorted 19 year olds when im just a massively messed up 24 year old with no prospects who will never be happy.

trying not to take more valium now the wires are out and the squeamish stage of the broken wrist has passed... i feel like utter crap. stupid withdrawal. its so tempting to just have some so i feel normal
vapid slut magician
well the wires are out so im much happier now, bit sore where the gaping holes from the surgical steel are. i have a snazzy pink cast now though and it's off on 2nd december. will be a while before i can get back to sport tho which is massively upsetting.

i dont find them intimidating so much, more i hate being surrounded by smart, pretty, thin, sane, sorted 19 year olds when im just a massively messed up 24 year old with no prospects who will never be happy.

trying not to take more valium now the wires are out and the squeamish stage of the broken wrist has passed... i feel like utter crap. stupid withdrawal. its so tempting to just have some so i feel normal

yay that the wires are out and that you have a pink cast! definitely a good choice :smile: I know it's upsetting that you can't play sport but if you spin it and try and get something positive out of this, then it's made you realise just how much you love sport and it's given you a goal....to get back out there and play!

And you do have prospects!!! I don't know you that well so I'm not sure if you have any dreams or ambitions, but trust me, everyone in this society has prospects and everyone in this room will at some point achieve their dreams.

As for the valium and withdrawal, can you not just take a bit rather than go cold turkey? :hugs:
Vienna Cannon
just got myself upset when looking at christmas tree decorations because my housemate broke one of my special ones which my nana gave me i feel so crap

:hugs: I hope your housemate apologised! Is there any way it could be fixed?
*pink_sapphires*

As for the valium and withdrawal, can you not just take a bit rather than go cold turkey? :hugs:

id rather not, i havent been taking much for long so its not bad withdrawal... just being a pussy! ill be fine tomorrow :smile:
Well hello there, citalopram.
Reply 3990
raspberrybubbles
Well hello there, citalopram.

Made the switch from fluoxetine? Hope it works as well for you as it has for me :smile:.
Well, tomorrow. Wondering if I should wean myself off the fluox first, though instead of just stop taking it as she advised :confused:
Reply 3992
I'm assuming she's said just switch which one you take? If so, that's fine - both are SSRIs, so if you're taking the citalopram instead you won't need the fluox.
godammit i need help sorting my ******* life out.
i want it all to stop
right now
please
got to sort out somewhere to live over christmas, somewhere to work, and plane tickets to canada as backup (which i can't afford), and i have to do it all right now. i'm totally on my own, no one is helping me out, no one gives a toss. not even here. haven't told my parents yet, this will ruin their christmas holiday plans, they'll only give me a massive lecture about how i should sort my life out, even though none of this is my fault!

plus uni work, JCR stuff, society stuff. why do i have to do all this crap! no one else has to! i can't do this ****. i'm absolutely ******** myself. i could actually end up homeless for christmas at this rate. i actually seriously could. feeling very, very helpless right now. :frown:
Reply 3996
Pocket Calculator
got to sort out somewhere to live over christmas, somewhere to work, and plane tickets to canada as backup (which i can't afford), and i have to do it all right now. i'm totally on my own, no one is helping me out, no one gives a toss. not even here. haven't told my parents yet, this will ruin their christmas holiday plans, they'll only give me a massive lecture about how i should sort my life out, even though none of this is my fault!

plus uni work, JCR stuff, society stuff. why do i have to do all this crap! no one else has to! i can't do this ****. i'm absolutely ******** myself. i could actually end up homeless for christmas at this rate. i actually seriously could. feeling very, very helpless right now. :frown:

Is there no chance of you staying in uni over christmas? Could one of your uni friends offer you a place to stay?
I know you think your parents will lecture you but seriously, parent's can be surprising, and at the end of the day, you're their son, living on the other side of the world, I bet they worry about you all the time :hugs: I know these things aren't going to make you feel better, but it could all work out :hugs:

I haven't had a decent nights sleep all weekend. My boss noticed it yesterday because of me yawning all the time. I feel so utterly sicks its horrible, I am chronically fatigued but have to get up to work to earn a stupid living on my stupid gap year. Feeling a bit crap tbh. Looks like I won't be able to afford my train ticket home either, so might just tell my parents other people are staying here over xmas and spend it on my own. lovley :frown: Now off to computer exchange to sell yet more of my possessions to get a little bit of money.
Reply 3997
:/ I can't remember a thing from last night :/

*huggles everyone* :hugs:
Reply 3998
becki08
:/ I can't remember a thing from last night :/

*huggles everyone* :hugs:

Oh my god how lol?

Where did you go?
Reply 3999
KJ21
Oh my god how lol?

Where did you go?

I think I drank a lot. Well I must have. I remember getting to the club and then nothing. No idea about how I got home. Scary. Note to self - do not drink lots whilst on meds. It's not a good mix.

Latest