ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsi101)
    :eek: wow

ReputationRep:
    ahaha what a quote

'its not spying, its just magnified looking'
    *facebooked*

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching The Girl Next Door on BBC3. MAN, Elisha Cuthbert is HOT!

ReputationRep:
    Snow White and 7 Dwarfs, I think they're looking for you.. :rofl: I LOVE SNOOP DOGG!

ReputationRep:
    yah

ReputationRep:
    urg so tired....too much car washing today

all again tomorrow

and half term has gone too fast!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah school monday meh

ReputationRep:
    orange writing

its so happy!
    like factorials

ReputationRep:
    it has gone realllly fast
    I haven't done half of what I should have.

ReputationRep:
    The key to any good song is the bass line, for example The Lemon Song by Led Zeppelin. Listen to John Paul Jones' bass line on that song, and tell me that that isn't the best ******* bass line you've ever heard in your life. Anyone who says the bassist is the least important member in a band can kiss the fattest part of my arse. The bassist is equal to, or even greater then, the drummer, the lead guitarist, and the singer. It's all relative.

ReputationRep:
    Now, if you heard what I've just written said by a character in a movie, would it make you believe that that character knew a lot about music, or would it take more convincing? And, yes, before you ask, I'm writing something that involves a lot of talk about music. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by led-zep-amh-121191)
    The key to any good song is the bass line, for example The Lemon Song by Led Zeppelin. Listen to John Paul Jones' bass line on that song, and tell me that that isn't the best ******* bass line you've ever heard in your life. Anyone who says the bassist is the least important member in a band can kiss the fattest part of my arse. The bassist is equal to, or even greater then, the drummer, the lead guitarist, and the singer. It's all relative.
    Bassists are always important, but the Drummers are on par with them..

Queen- Another One Bites The Dust, that song just completely merks the bass, and so does Muse- Hysteria..

what brought that speech about Led?

ReputationRep:
    Read the post below the one quoted, Natty.

ReputationRep:
    orange

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by led-zep-amh-121191)
    Read the post below the one quoted, Natty.
    I know. Just seen it... :tongue: Natty jumped the gun...

The person would just sound pretty arrogant yet passionate, but they would sound like they know what they're talking about :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Knights of Cydonia by Muse, along with their version of Feeling Good, are two of the songs that I love the most, and I listen to them whenever and wherever I can. However, in the case of Feeling Good, I think the Nina Simone version is better, but maybe that's because I heard her version first.

Now, from a rock and roll view point, The Rolling Stones' I Just Wanna Make Love to You is heads and tails better then the Etta James, even though the Etta James version (and James in general) is legenedary in its' own right. I mean, God, listen to her version of At Last. Blows the Beyonce version out of the water. And that's what annoyed me about the decision to choose Beyonce over James to perform at Barack Obama's inaugration. This is, obviously, a landmark moment in history, especially in black history, and so they should have used James, a legendary black singer, to really reinforce the moment, rather then using a singer that's in and now and cool.

Sorry about the tangent, but you start with one thing, and you end with another. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_2m-4e4tyA

this is how i feel atm... OLD SCHOOL

ReputationRep:
    it's nice to be different led:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    You have to think of it this way, loads of the people who went out and voted for Obama, probably don't know about Etta James, but meh its over now, and at least their elections are exciting...

Muse have got me through some tough times, man. I'm glad I discovered Hullabaloo Soundtrack and Origin Of Symmetry when I did.. :yes:

Another thing is that we need MORE RAY CHARLES in the world... he's so underrated and he's awesome...

Don't get me started on the RATM, Soundgarden, Audioslave, Chris Cornell tangent :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Kool and the Gang. Absolutely phenomonal band. Jungle Boogie, Get Down on It, and Summer Madness, three of my favourite songs, no question. Jungle Boogie is the song that I always play to get me in the mood for a party, likewise Get Down on It. Summer Madness is a song that I play when A) it's really early on a sunny Sunday morning, and I'm sipping on a tall glass of chocolate milk, or B) when I'm really down in the dumps and I just need something to help me reflect on how ****** the situation is, and how I can possibly make it better. I love the way that song builds up, packing one layer on to another, until it reaches that final crescendo and we get that beautiful fade out. Its' intensity, its' passion, its' beauty, is unmatched, I think.

God, I'm really in the mood to talk about music tonight, aren't I? :tongue:

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.