Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Honestly i want to see the master return in series 8 vdry unlikely but i feel series 8 gone waay downhill from moffat previous series

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Did anyone else think that last night's episode was just a thinly veiled anti-abortion preach fest?
    Glad I'm not the only one who picked up on this. I got asked to do the BBC Doctor Who survey for this episode and I wrote about it in the comments box. I feel like it's one of the issues the BBC should stay impartial on.

ReputationRep:
    Well that episode seemed better, however i hope the whole Clara decision thing doesn't get drawn out across the remaining episodes.

I loved that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Morsey_)
    Well that episode seemed better, however i hope the whole Clara decision thing doesn't get drawn out across the remaining episodes.
    Did you think that Clara seemed very different in this episode?I still can't believe its her in the episode I was waiting till the end of the episode expecting it not to be Clara.Humans don't change their behaviour that quickly and swap personalities from aggressive,dominant,pessimistic character to a more fun,less dominant and optimistic character I liked how pleased Clara was to keep travelling with the Doctor usually She didn't seem like She was that bothered and was like just pick me up tomorrow instead of rushing off to some new planet or time with the Doctor.I hope this personality change continues I much prefer it- The Doctor should save the day and protect his companion.The episode was fantastic and I shocked at the revealing that it was all set up by Gus and I loved Peter Capaldi's performance is best yet I loved how He thought so much of himself like the 6th Doctor, who is one of my favourite doctors and you can't really say He was arrogant because He was perfectly right that He could stop the mummy in 66 seconds if He saw it.I am not happy the identity of Gus has not been revealed but He seems to be a powerful possibly omnipotent foe, who I hope will feature in the finale.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched on iPlayer. That was a solid episode; good plot and good characters (I think Frank Skinner was great). I'm confused as to why Foxes was only onscreen for about 66 seconds (:rolleyes:) as I thought that being a relatively big name she would have had more involvement in the episode. Yet again we have robots, definitely a theme throughout this series, it's almost certain that robots will play some part in the series finale along with Missy (whom we haven't seen in quite a while).

But overall one of the better episodes of the series, which up to now has been fairly forgettable.

(Original post by Dalek1099)
    Did you think that Clara seemed very different in this episode?I still can't believe its her in the episode I was waiting till the end of the episode expecting it not to be Clara.Humans don't change their behaviour that quickly and swap personalities from aggressive,dominant,pessimistic character to a more fun,less dominant and optimistic character I liked how pleased Clara was to keep travelling with the Doctor usually She didn't seem like She was that bothered and was like just pick me up tomorrow instead of rushing off to some new planet or time with the Doctor.I hope this personality change continues I much prefer it- The Doctor should save the day and protect his companion.The episode was fantastic and I shocked at the revealing that it was all set up by Gus and I loved Peter Capaldi's performance is best yet I loved how He thought so much of himself like the 6th Doctor, who is one of my favourite doctors and you can't really say He was arrogant because He was perfectly right that He could stop the mummy in 66 seconds if He saw it.I am not happy the identity of Gus has not been revealed but He seems to be a powerful possibly omnipotent foe, who I hope will feature in the finale.
    That's quite an exclusive club. People tend to prefer the other Baker!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Kool_Panda)
    Just watched on iPlayer. That was a solid episode; good plot and good characters (I think Frank Skinner was great). I'm confused as to why Foxes was only onscreen for about 66 seconds (:rolleyes:) as I thought that being a relatively big name she would have had more involvement in the episode. Yet again we have robots, definitely a theme throughout this series, it's almost certain that robots will play some part in the series finale along with Missy (whom we haven't seen in quite a while).

But overall one of the better episodes of the series, which up to now has been fairly forgettable.

That's quite an exclusive club. People tend to prefer the other Baker!
    I hated foxes. She butchered queen:unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEsitter)
    That was the best episode of the series by a mile. Next week looks a bit strange though...
    Was just about to say that too.
    It was what you would edpect fron doctor. 50 mins of pure suspense and thrill

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    that was a much much better episode, really enjoyed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Did you think that Clara seemed very different in this episode?I still can't believe its her in the episode I was waiting till the end of the episode expecting it not to be Clara.Humans don't change their behaviour that quickly and swap personalities from aggressive,dominant,pessimistic character to a more fun,less dominant and optimistic character I liked how pleased Clara was to keep travelling with the Doctor usually She didn't seem like She was that bothered and was like just pick me up tomorrow instead of rushing off to some new planet or time with the Doctor.I hope this personality change continues I much prefer it
    This week was supposed to be her "last hurrah" or whatever. It took place a few weeks after last week's blow up between the two of them so that resentment had started to fade and the fact she thought it was her last adventure probably meant she just wanted to just enjoy it. So I don't think her mood was particularly off.

ReputationRep:
    Something tells me that we haven't seen the last of Clara and Danny. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I know the whole clara leaving the doctor arc was stupid and the thing is shes been unsure about whether to leave the doctor ot not since the first episode and its annoying! I actually cannot wait for the Christmas episode when she leaves for good. Also its a bit disappointing how capaldi has claimed he will be a farker doctor yet I feel that tennant when he didnt have a companion was actually the darkest the doctors been. There are moments where capaldis doctor has hinted at being dark but its mostly arrogance and ignorance that comes with this doctor which hides the darkness that he wants to convey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teddysmith123)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I actually cannot wait for the Christmas episode when she leaves for good
    Thanks ****, if only the subject of this thread said something like NO UNTAGGED FUTURE SPOILERS you might not have given away a massive spoiler.

Oh, wait...it does say that. You must just be an idiot then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    Thanks ****, if only the subject of this thread said something like NO UNTAGGED FUTURE SPOILERS you might not have given away a massive spoiler.

Its not a spoiler its been announced in newspapers like the guardian and the times. Maybe if you read the news some times you wouldn't resort to making assumptions and using foul language!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I loved that episode. Monster of the week but a decent one. Lots of themes that we've seen before, but a fresh enough take on it. I think that was my favourite episode of the series so far. Intrigued to see where the Gus thing is going to go, and I'm glad that they mentioned the fact that the 11th Doctor nearly went there.

Its not a spoiler its been announced in newspapers like the guardian and the times. Maybe if you read the news some times you wouldn't resort to making assumptions and using foul language!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We've had this conversation many times on this thread. Plenty of people have avoided that sort of spoiler and this thread is deliberately kept clear of them. You can still talk about them - but put them in spoiler tags so that people can choose to look or not.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its still a spoiler - lots of us have deliberately avoided any news about the series. If it's about an episode that hasn't been aired yet, then spoiler it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by paddyman4)

You're doing the same thing by quoting it. Just saying.

I've edited all the offending posts.

ReputationRep:
    Best episode of the season so far. Some great characters, a great monster, lots of Capaldi being a bamf. I'd have liked a double episode though.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the best episode so far. It was the first episode this season when I was shocked that it was over and 45minutes had already gone by. Can't wait for next week's episode!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Really? Clara leaves at the end of this season? Sad to see her go tbh, I actually liked her. I think following Amy was always going to be a hard thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    I've never hated a companion before but Clara's edging towards hatred. Such a bland, 2 dimensional nothing character, there's nothing to her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.